UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mike Goldberg not sick, taking time off...

12/28/12 11:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AK-BJJ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vulva Fabulous - 
Ocean6 -
Vulva Fabulous -  First off, kudos to mostly everybody on this thread rallying around Goldie right now while he's going through whatever it is he's going through. That's really what makes this site the best mma site and community in the world the best. Sure, there's a lot of ball busting on here towards Goldie, but, most of it is in jest and because we like him. I personally am a fan. Him and Joe are funny together, they have chemistry and don't take what they do overly serious. I'm sure Goldie himself would laugh at many of the past posts made about his errors.

Now, I don't know what is wrong with Goldie, but I do agree that he's looked "off" much more in recent shows. However, I won't make the jump and speculate that it's pills or drugs. To be clear, I'm not saying that the posts that I've read so far are rude and uncalled for, it's actually the polar opposite. The members that are posting guesses concerning drugs as the problem are saying it in a concerned manner IMO. In fact, they are being very responsible and making sure to state that it's only a guess and not making claims that they are certain he's rehabbing, it's just a guess based on what they've seen of Goldie lately.

Unfortunately there are far too many immature or very young members here that can quickly start a rumor on Twitter that goes viral within 24hrs. That is a nasty rumor to dispute, and honestly that's simply not something he needs to deal with right now, regardless if it's in fact what is wrong or not.

For all we know, he could be going through some serious relationship issues and needs time to sort stuff out. I don't know if he has a wife or kids, but that can wear somebody out. Whatever it is, I hope he's ok and comes back soon, because Goldie has put in his time doing shows and with the explosion of MMA and UFC, it would be a shame for his star to fade out now.

Hopefully he'll be back in a show or two. Phone Post

Wow

Awesome

Post.

Thank you for being awesome

and VTMFUY!
Thanks man. I appreciate it but you should really be more impressed that I typed that entire post out using my 20 month old HTC Evo 4G and dropped it midway through that post and the screen cracked. I didn't have a clear plastic screen protecter on it so when I got back to finishing my post, I got 2 glass slivers in my thumb while trying to use the Swype keyboard. 100% true, no lie!

It twas the post that almost wasn't! Phone Post

Lol great post and even more impressive you finished in spite of injury ;) It sounds like you may have been talking about my first couple posts and I'd be more than happy to edit them blank or you can delete them if you want to. I was trying to speak as carefully as possible while still giving an opinion but I totally get it if it's just better unsaid...
12/28/12 11:07 PM
MasterofMartialArts
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vulva Fabulous - First off, kudos to mostly everybody on this thread rallying around Goldie right now while he's going through whatever it is he's going through. That's really what makes this site the best mma site and community in the world the best. Sure, there's a lot of ball busting on here towards Goldie, but, most of it is in jest and because we like him. I personally am a fan. Him and Joe are funny together, they have chemistry and don't take what they do overly serious. I'm sure Goldie himself would laugh at many of the past posts made about his errors.

Now, I don't know what is wrong with Goldie, but I do agree that he's looked "off" much more in recent shows. However, I won't make the jump and speculate that it's pills or drugs. To be clear, I'm not saying that the posts that I've read so far are rude and uncalled for, it's actually the polar opposite. The members that are posting guesses concerning drugs as the problem are saying it in a concerned manner IMO. In fact, they are being very responsible and making sure to state that it's only a guess and not making claims that they are certain he's rehabbing, it's just a guess based on what they've seen of Goldie lately.

Unfortunately there are far too many immature or very young members here that can quickly start a rumor on Twitter that goes viral within 24hrs. That is a nasty rumor to dispute, and honestly that's simply not something he needs to deal with right now, regardless if it's in fact what is wrong or not.

For all we know, he could be going through some serious relationship issues and needs time to sort stuff out. I don't know if he has a wife or kids, but that can wear somebody out. Whatever it is, I hope he's ok and comes back soon, because Goldie has put in his time doing shows and with the explosion of MMA and UFC, it would be a shame for his star to fade out now.

Great. Fucking. Post.

This post is a great demonstration of the wholesome community that is the UG.

Voted the fuck up. Phone Post
12/28/12 11:09 PM
clonditdry

Why does everyone automatically assume the worst? That is ridiculous. He has a family and after awhile, it must suck to be gone almost ever single week/weekend.

He probably has plenty of money, maybe he just wants some time off. Your imaginations are running way too crazy wild.
12/28/12 11:10 PM
Chris27

Sal Penis -  Mauro Ranallo is WAY more suited at this than Anik. Wtf Anik is a NOOB! Might as well have me do fucking color commentary.

Fucking ZUFFA. Dropped the ball. There's Bas, Militech, Shiavello, Ranallo Shammy.... and they get fuckin Anik!?

This is why UFC is a circus. Phone Post

LOL.

Sal Penis doesnt know the difference between PBP and Color commentary.

Bas, Pat, Frank are color guys.

The fact you even brought up Frank Shamrocks name is an embarrassment.

Voice, Mauro are the only two guys and Mauro is in Japan doing the NYE show so cross him off the list.

Voice? ?

I know you look for shit to hate on Zuffa about but this one is just lame.

One guy goes down why the fuck would they go out of the company when they have another guy in the company they can use? They need a PBP guy, Harris from the WEC and I guess the Voice are the only two PBP guys that could do it and there is no point having either of them do it over Anik.

I swear people dont think before they post.
12/28/12 11:13 PM
simonpe

Iskalainen - 
FinestScotch - 

... Is that true about Goldie running around naked?

Not sure if I'm the only one who caught it, but the UFC on fox, I can't say exactly what fight, return from commercial or whatever (got sauced) but Goldie was talking with Joe in his regular voice, not his "on" voice.

I found it really weird.

Around 4:20:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRUv3HVnHqk

lol you can hear him yell "I'm naked!"
12/28/12 11:15 PM
SonOfThePeepHole
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kenny and joe

Fuck everyone else Phone Post
12/28/12 11:17 PM
AK-BJJ

simonpe - 
Iskalainen - 
FinestScotch - 

... Is that true about Goldie running around naked?

Not sure if I'm the only one who caught it, but the UFC on fox, I can't say exactly what fight, return from commercial or whatever (got sauced) but Goldie was talking with Joe in his regular voice, not his "on" voice.

I found it really weird.

Around 4:20:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRUv3HVnHqk

lol you can hear him yell "I'm naked!"

Holy LMAO!!! I thought the guys earlier in this thread were trolling!
12/28/12 11:18 PM
demonsurge
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goldberg annoys a lot of people because he's the guy that has to do the silly promo bits about corn nuts and bud light trying to act excited.

Dude is great at his job, its got to be stressful and best of luck to him. I disagree with Anik, but maybe he'll be different under this light? Guy deserves a shot, see if he can run with it or not.
12/28/12 11:21 PM
AK-BJJ

demonsurge - Goldberg annoys a lot of people because he's the guy that has to do the silly promo bits about corn nuts and bud light trying to act excited.

Dude is great at his job, its got to be stressful and best of luck to him. I disagree with Anik, but maybe he'll be different under this light? Guy deserves a shot, see if he can run with it or not.

For some reason I imagine Anik worse with Joe. Like he'll be even MORE nervous. Or try to impress Rogan too much or kiss his ass or something... Hopefully he proves me wrong
12/28/12 11:25 PM
Chris27

I like Goldie, he may fuck up at times but I think him and Joe know each other and work perfectly together.

12/28/12 11:26 PM
Fudge Cake
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goldie and Joe were a great team.

I think the best replacements for Goldie would be Mauro or The Voice. Maybe leaning towards Shiavello because remember that time when someone was jumping on Joe after a PPV for the Brazilian Kick terminology and The Voice jumped in the thread to stick up for Joe?
12/28/12 11:28 PM
Mit
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for hopefully something from Joe. Phone Post
12/28/12 11:54 PM
Attila
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a Goldberg fan, but I hope all is well with him. I wish they'd hire Bas; he and Joe would be a great team.
12/29/12 12:12 AM
Vulva Fabulous
882 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AK-BJJ -
Vulva Fabulous - 
Ocean6 -
Vulva Fabulous -  First off, kudos to mostly everybody on this thread rallying around Goldie right now while he's going through whatever it is he's going through. That's really what makes this site the best mma site and community in the world the best. Sure, there's a lot of ball busting on here towards Goldie, but, most of it is in jest and because we like him. I personally am a fan. Him and Joe are funny together, they have chemistry and don't take what they do overly serious. I'm sure Goldie himself would laugh at many of the past posts made about his errors.

Wow

Awesome

Post.

and VTMFUY!
Thanks man. I appreciate it but you should really be more impressed that I typed that entire post out using my 20 month old HTC Evo 4G and dropped it midway through that post and the screen cracked. I didn't have a clear plastic screen protecter on it so when I got back to finishing my post, I got 2 glass slivers in my thumb while trying to use the Swype keyboard. 100% true, no lie!

Lol great post and even more impressive you finished in spite of injury ;) It sounds like you may have been talking about my first couple posts and I'd be more than happy to edit them blank or you can delete them if you want to. I was trying to speak as carefully as possible while still giving an opinion but I totally get it if it's just better unsaid...
No way, I wasn't knocking them at all, you weren't being rude, it was more of a concerned, observative guess, I was just saying why I didn't jump to that and went the relationship problems route.

Trust me, your observation has been on my mind considering what I've gone through and knowing subtle signs of withdrawals. I just wanted to mix it up buddy.

Thanks for the kind reply. Phone Post
12/29/12 12:14 AM
AndersonSilvasMoney
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always loved Goldie and I sincerely wish him a speedy return. The way it's being explained sounds like its probably a personal issue, so I hope he's able to work things out. Phone Post
12/29/12 12:26 AM
AK-BJJ

Vulva Fabulous - 
AK-BJJ -
Vulva Fabulous - 
Ocean6 -

Wow

Awesome

Post.

and VTMFUY!

No way, I wasn't knocking them at all, you weren't being rude, it was more of a concerned, observative guess, I was just saying why I didn't jump to that and went the relationship problems route.

Trust me, your observation has been on my mind considering what I've gone through and knowing subtle signs of withdrawals. I just wanted to mix it up buddy.

Ok cool... Respect to you
12/29/12 12:32 AM
Vulva Fabulous
882 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AK-BJJ -
Vulva Fabulous - 
AK-BJJ -
Vulva Fabulous - 
Ocean6 -

Wow

Awesome

Post.

and VTMFUY!

Ok cool... Respect to you
Respect goes both ways....like my ex. Phone Post
12/29/12 12:32 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OG TANK BRO -  And it is alll ooovvveeerrr Phone Post

lmao voted up!
12/29/12 12:36 AM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Phillips - 

Jim Ross please

If he knows basic mma moves i think that would be epic Rogan and good ole JR
12/29/12 12:39 AM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Media Monster - 

Anik is a sharp anchor, but not the best comentator.  

I just hope this isn't how they're fazing Goldie AND Rogan out i.e. have Rogan get the audience used to Anik while they try (& likely fail) to replace Rogan.  If you listen to Rogan's early podcasts, he's mentioned "not doing this UFC thing forever" a few times.  

...then again Goldie may be dealing with something serious and this could be a health thing.  either way hope all is well

When Goldie and Rogan are both done it will be a sad day. The death of the UFC. jk but it wouldn't be the same
12/29/12 12:43 AM
PAPA ROACH1
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man you guys have grown soft. obviously i dont wish goldie any harm and hope hes not battling soem addiction and really hope thats all it is just taking some family time. but seriously the consensus is he is just beyond hideous at times.i hope he gets replaced and the majority of us do lets call it like it is he is awful. once again not hoping anything bad is wrong with him just time for a change
12/29/12 12:53 AM
theGunt
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Letibleu - They waited until the very last moment to announce it.

Its the changing of the garb:(

Very nice. Phone Post
12/29/12 12:55 AM
Dougie
1043 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

get better goldie!

12/29/12 12:56 AM
BrettAwesome
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope the guy's alright, just getting that one out the way first. Face it though, he's been embarrassingly bad this year. The catchphrases are more obnoxious and more frequent than ever, the nonsensical drawn-out monologues, the fact that every fight has the exact same feeling to it from the first prelim to the world title fight (which is my biggest annoyance, everything sounds the same, there's no sincerity or sense of scale to it), i could go on.

I'd love to see Mauro get a shot as he is genuinely enthusiastic-sounding about the product and isn't a soundboard. Anik's good too, really underrated guy and i hope he knocks this one out the park.
12/29/12 12:59 AM
UGCTT_Paul_Blanka_Harris
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kid Salami - 

Compared to previous PPV's, UFC 155 will feel a little different with Goldie's absence.  Luckily, everything else will be virtually identical.

Jeje yes I see what u did there vtfu

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.