UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mike Goldberg not sick, taking time off...

12/29/12 12:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BrettAwesome
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope the guy's alright, just getting that one out the way first. Face it though, he's been embarrassingly bad this year. The catchphrases are more obnoxious and more frequent than ever, the nonsensical drawn-out monologues, the fact that every fight has the exact same feeling to it from the first prelim to the world title fight (which is my biggest annoyance, everything sounds the same, there's no sincerity or sense of scale to it), i could go on.

I'd love to see Mauro get a shot as he is genuinely enthusiastic-sounding about the product and isn't a soundboard. Anik's good too, really underrated guy and i hope he knocks this one out the park.
12/29/12 12:59 AM
UGCTT_Paul_Blanka_Harris
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kid Salami - 

Compared to previous PPV's, UFC 155 will feel a little different with Goldie's absence.  Luckily, everything else will be virtually identical.

Jeje yes I see what u did there vtfu

12/29/12 1:08 AM
Il Duce
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, I wish MMA had a Teddy Atlas for color. Someone like him and Mauro would be an awesome combo. Phone Post
12/29/12 1:18 AM
Brenturban
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goldie might not be the best but he feels like family.

It's like that cousin everyone gives a hard time to and then one year he doesn't show up for family Christmas and it's just not the same

Or

I'm just high.... Phone Post
12/29/12 1:47 AM
Shakwon
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope all well in Goldie's world, he and Rogan are a great team. Can't wait to have him back.

Has he mentioned it at all on Twitter? Phone Post
12/29/12 1:50 AM
Another Foob
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NOOOOOOO!!!!!! Goldie is literally half the fun of the commentary. I will miss his contribution, and I hope he's back soon.
12/29/12 1:53 AM
Joe_Drogan420

WAR SKEETED GOLDIE

SOMEBODY GET THIS MAN SOME COCAINE!

12/29/12 2:03 AM
garrote
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willin - Despite the fun we poke at him I wish Goldie well and hope everything is ok. Get back soon! Phone Post
. Phone Post
12/29/12 2:32 AM
Letibleu
1611 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KRUv3HVnHqk

4:15 mark.

12/29/12 2:38 AM
Letibleu
1611 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just got off the phone with a super secret deep insider.

Here is the scoop:

Mike Goldberg of Cincinnati Ohio has secretly been flown overnight by private jet to an undisclosed location in New York City to begin the difficult task of single handedly ending the NHL lockout.

I need a new source.
12/29/12 2:40 AM
Shakwon
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Letibleu - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KRUv3HVnHqk

4:15 mark.

Hmm definitely missed this, thanks. 

12/29/12 2:49 AM
FCM

Golide should be retained for the UFC fans story club.
12/29/12 3:02 AM
DevilsAdvocate
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am not disappoint Phone Post
12/29/12 3:28 AM
cheesesteak
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pidgey -  i dont understand all the tards asking for Goldy to be replaced by a figher.

Dont you realize Goldy is a playbyplay commentator, calls the sponsors, ties together different moments of the show and such?

I dont think Couture or Mir or Florian could do that.

Lol someone even called for Shamrock. Phone Post

well that's the problem. Someone who does play by play, must know what they are looking at. Goldie is all like "looks like he's got an arm hold, oh a power jab to the solar plexis!!!!!!!!"
12/29/12 3:32 AM
the islander
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bring in good ole JR

12/29/12 3:41 AM
newjack900

Edited: 12/29/12 6:12 PM
Hope everything is alrite with him and he is a big part of the UFC experience.. I would never think of him as a guy who parties hard as some have suggested, but I do remember watching a Dana White interview (I wanna say w/ Ariel) right after a PPV in the back halls.. mid-interview you hear screaming in the background and Dana stops the interview to see whats going on behind him - he then tells Ariel or whoever the interviewer was that he just saw Goldberg streaking behind him.. it was pretty hilarious. Tell me somebody in here remembers this happening and I'm not just making this shit up <br /><br />Edit: Oh shit just read through and saw somebody mention this in an earlier post - apologies.. also I'm happy somebody distinguished the difference between color and play-by-play bc you can tell some of these guys had no idea with their replacement suggestions
12/29/12 3:51 AM
willmarks1991

Willin - Despite the fun we poke at him I wish Goldie well and hope everything is ok. Get back soon! Phone Post
. Phone Post
12/29/12 3:55 AM
Colboyo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Choochy -  He's looked like shit lately. Hopefully all is well. Phone Post

Hopefully he is ok. Someone told me he might have Galactorrhea.
12/29/12 4:44 AM
funkjoker
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it seems that lots of people don't know or don't care that jon anik is the play-by-play announcer for all fx and fuel tv events. this is not a newbie who's going to be sitting in the booth for the first time. he'll do just fine.

that being said, it may be a possibility that goldie is just burnt out. lots of travelling, lots of stress - that's going to take a toll on some people. but until there's an official word on this situation, i'm going to believe there's nothing wrong with him and he's really just taking some time off.
12/29/12 5:07 AM
ender852
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

please hire The Voice.

that is all.

12/29/12 5:21 AM
CavRyda
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vril - 

Get well soon Goldie and I vote for this guy if it turned into something long term

12/29/12 5:40 AM
ParadigmRaep
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gay.
12/29/12 7:45 AM
Farquit

OG TANK BRO -  And it is alll ooovvveeerrr Phone Post

hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah hahahahahahah
12/29/12 8:08 AM
Rookie Fighter

It's been cracking me up reading everyone's personal investigations lmao. How the fuck do you know? Do you not have the patients to just wait and see what's the real reason or must you just vomit whatever ever reason your brain has to offer? It's entertaining reading the nonsense, especially the ones who now say "he does look sickly, maybe he's on pills" lol! Really dude? Phone Post
12/29/12 8:26 AM
Neph

In for answers and best wishes to Goldie

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.