UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mike Goldberg not sick, taking time off...

12/29/12 8:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

The Voice, Bas, and Militech. All good choices, if Zuffa is willing to pay.

12/29/12 8:48 AM
jasonhightower
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk -

The Voice, Bas, and Militech. All good choices, if Zuffa is willing to pay.

Agreed. Phone Post
12/29/12 8:48 AM
short round
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I fucking hate Jon Anik.
12/29/12 8:50 AM
DamnSevern
1198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*pours out some corn nuts in honor of my homie Goldberg*

12/29/12 9:01 AM
Letibleu
1666 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone wanna bet the pre recording were already done by Anik?

Hopefully he is just taking time off to get his shit back in order. Something has seemed off especially the second half of this year. Who would we shit on without our Goldie?

I am gonna grab a bowl of corn nuts as I await to see how this one unfolds.
12/29/12 9:01 AM
AK-BJJ

short round - I fucking hate Jon Anik.

They really should be using the WEC guy
12/29/12 9:38 AM
Godmode
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My heart couldn't handle Rogan's enthusiasm and excitement meeting The Voice's awesome metaphors.
12/29/12 9:40 AM
BENDOver 209 Top Team #2
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for YouTube clip later Phone Post
12/29/12 9:50 AM
Loser Born Natural
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope Mike is ok.
Wish him nothing but the best. Phone Post
12/29/12 10:11 AM
bakobell

simonpe -
Iskalainen - 
FinestScotch - 

... Is that true about Goldie running around naked?

Not sure if I'm the only one who caught it, but the UFC on fox, I can't say exactly what fight, return from commercial or whatever (got sauced) but Goldie was talking with Joe in his regular voice, not his "on" voice.

I found it really weird.

Around 4:20:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRUv3HVnHqk

lol you can hear him yell "I'm naked!"
He sounds like will Ferrell in old school when he's streaking. Phone Post
12/29/12 10:14 AM
bakobell

Anyone please oh Bog besides the SF announcers. Phone Post
12/29/12 10:25 AM
MountainMedic
620 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

teamquestfan - Not really surprised looking back on things. It was just a few UFC's back where DW was being interviewed by Ariel after the show and Goldie goes running by screaming in the background with all of his clothes off. Dana looked pretty irritated and commented on it. Very ackward to say the least!
Wat? Phone Post
12/29/12 10:26 AM
crowbar
751 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/29/12 10:31 AM

I feel bad for the guy.His job is just too physically demanding & the travel is just pouring more salt in the wound.Poor guy probably has to work around 16 hours a month.Have you ever ridden in a airplane & stayed in a hotel? That shit,plus talking into a microphone is exhausting.

12/29/12 10:33 AM
MountainMedic
620 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Making fun of Goldy is a UG tradition! !!!! For me, at least, it doesn't mean I hate him. Quite the contrary actually. I love Goldberg & it wont be the same without him.

He HAS seemed a little messy this last year. I hope that whatever he needs, he is getting. Hope he comes back soon.

Anik blows! There is just something I can't stand about the guy. Phone Post
12/29/12 10:36 AM
fightsfan
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get well soon Goldie, we poke fun at you a bit but we love ya Mike......hurry back Bro, we support you!
12/29/12 10:48 AM
Vulva Fabulous
806 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rookie Fighter - It's been cracking me up reading everyone's personal investigations lmao. How the fuck do you know? Do you not have the patients to just wait and see what's the real reason or must you just vomit whatever ever reason your brain has to offer? It's entertaining reading the nonsense, especially the ones who now say "he does look sickly, maybe he's on pills" lol! Really dude? Phone Post
Or maybe people are just making guesses as to what happened based off of personal issues that they have conquored in the past.

I guess if a coworker is standing next to my desk, trying to talk to me while sneezing, coughing, achy feeling nauseas, has a feaver and has no energy, I shouldn't dare make a guess concerning my thoughts of him having the flu based in me having the flu before?

I'm pretty sure that nobody is trying to treat him like a doctor would.....wtf? Phone Post
12/29/12 11:47 AM
hedfunk
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sometimes I moan about goldy, but he is much better than Anik, his commentary is very dry imo.

The Voice, Quadros, Mauro would all be good choices.

Hope Goldy is all right.
12/29/12 12:00 PM
thatdude21601
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not a big fan of the "B" team. I like both Florian and Anik better on the fox desk/mma live type situation. Florian is funny, but that doesn't come across during the fights, and both guys have dry voices. A boring fight on Fx or Fuel is harder to watch than a boring fight on the big shows.

However, I don't know shit; because I like Mauro... and Gus Johhnson was starting to grow on me. I do know two color guys would be a disaster though(see Bas & Don Frye at Shark Fights).
12/29/12 1:41 PM
M Wood
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd forgot about the ufc 143 post-fight interview debacle until now. It was funny when Dana said 'Yea, and I don't ever want to see it again' when Ariel asks him if that's something he rarely sees. (Goldie running around w/ his shirt off*not naked like some have said*)
I'd say it's pretty close to the target guessing Goldie's on the Skittles.
12/29/12 1:42 PM
M Wood
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope he does come back tho cause I like familiarity dammit!
12/29/12 1:44 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

M Wood - Hope he does come back tho cause I like familiarity dammit!

You tell em Mr Wood!
12/29/12 1:50 PM
Chris27

Sal Penis - 
Chris27 -
Sal Penis -  Mauro Ranallo is WAY more suited at this than Anik. Wtf Anik is a NOOB! Might as well have me do fucking color commentary.

Fucking ZUFFA. Dropped the ball. There's Bas, Militech, Shiavello, Ranallo Shammy.... and they get fuckin Anik!?

This is why UFC is a circus. Phone Post

LOL.

Sal Penis doesnt know the difference between PBP and Color commentary.

Bas, Pat, Frank are color guys.

The fact you even brought up Frank Shamrocks name is an embarrassment.

Voice, Mauro are the only two guys and Mauro is in Japan doing the NYE show so cross him off the list.

Voice? ?

I know you look for shit to hate on Zuffa about but this one is just lame.

One guy goes down why the fuck would they go out of the company when they have another guy in the company they can use? They need a PBP guy, Harris from the WEC and I guess the Voice are the only two PBP guys that could do it and there is no point having either of them do it over Anik.

I swear people dont think before they post.
Ok Zuffa Zombie, ok. Phone Post

LOL thats your response?

You dont know the difference between a color guy and a PBP guy, you just throw out any name you can think of even if that person doesnt do the job they need to fill.

Mauro is in Japan doing the NYE show along with Quadros and Shamrock.

That leaves Voice, Harris, Gus, Anik. Have no idea with any of the other guys schedules are but I do know Anik is on staff, employed by the UFC and has done UFC shows before.

So wouldnt that make the most sense to use a guy on staff who has done it before?

12/29/12 1:53 PM
Ocean6

crowbar - 

I feel bad for the guy.His job is just too physically demanding & the travel is just pouring more salt in the wound.Poor guy probably has to work around 16 hours a month.Have you ever ridden in a airplane & stayed in a hotel? That shit,plus talking into a microphone is exhausting.

Spoken like someone who has never had to travel for a living
12/29/12 2:03 PM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 
Sal Penis - 
Chris27 -
Sal Penis -  Mauro Ranallo is WAY more suited at this than Anik. Wtf Anik is a NOOB! Might as well have me do fucking color commentary.

Fucking ZUFFA. Dropped the ball. There's Bas, Militech, Shiavello, Ranallo Shammy.... and they get fuckin Anik!?

This is why UFC is a circus. Phone Post

LOL.

Sal Penis doesnt know the difference between PBP and Color commentary.

Bas, Pat, Frank are color guys.

The fact you even brought up Frank Shamrocks name is an embarrassment.

Voice, Mauro are the only two guys and Mauro is in Japan doing the NYE show so cross him off the list.

Voice? ?

I know you look for shit to hate on Zuffa about but this one is just lame.

One guy goes down why the fuck would they go out of the company when they have another guy in the company they can use? They need a PBP guy, Harris from the WEC and I guess the Voice are the only two PBP guys that could do it and there is no point having either of them do it over Anik.

I swear people dont think before they post.
Ok Zuffa Zombie, ok. Phone Post

LOL thats your response?

You dont know the difference between a color guy and a PBP guy, you just throw out any name you can think of even if that person doesnt do the job they need to fill.

Mauro is in Japan doing the NYE show along with Quadros and Shamrock.

That leaves Voice, Harris, Gus, Anik. Have no idea with any of the other guys schedules are but I do know Anik is on staff, employed by the UFC and has done UFC shows before.

So wouldnt that make the most sense to use a guy on staff who has done it before?

Voice also has a contract with AXS I do believe, so I would imagine Mark Cuban would have to have a say on whether he'd be there or not.

Personally I would have preferred a Florian/Rogan combo (yes, I realize they are both color guys) and have Joe to the PBP.  I really feel like he can do a good job of it.  He's got that excitement that's necessary for a strong PBP guy. 

12/29/12 2:09 PM
Haulport

Ugh.

I HATE Goldberg and would love to see him replaced (not by that generic turd Annick though) but this sounds like he is SICK. Jesus. I hope he is fine and this is just a business thing........................

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.