UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mike Goldberg not sick, taking time off...

12/29/12 1:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

M Wood - Hope he does come back tho cause I like familiarity dammit!

You tell em Mr Wood!
12/29/12 1:50 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sal Penis - 
Chris27 -
Sal Penis -  Mauro Ranallo is WAY more suited at this than Anik. Wtf Anik is a NOOB! Might as well have me do fucking color commentary.

Fucking ZUFFA. Dropped the ball. There's Bas, Militech, Shiavello, Ranallo Shammy.... and they get fuckin Anik!?

This is why UFC is a circus. Phone Post

LOL.

Sal Penis doesnt know the difference between PBP and Color commentary.

Bas, Pat, Frank are color guys.

The fact you even brought up Frank Shamrocks name is an embarrassment.

Voice, Mauro are the only two guys and Mauro is in Japan doing the NYE show so cross him off the list.

Voice? ?

I know you look for shit to hate on Zuffa about but this one is just lame.

One guy goes down why the fuck would they go out of the company when they have another guy in the company they can use? They need a PBP guy, Harris from the WEC and I guess the Voice are the only two PBP guys that could do it and there is no point having either of them do it over Anik.

I swear people dont think before they post.
Ok Zuffa Zombie, ok. Phone Post

LOL thats your response?

You dont know the difference between a color guy and a PBP guy, you just throw out any name you can think of even if that person doesnt do the job they need to fill.

Mauro is in Japan doing the NYE show along with Quadros and Shamrock.

That leaves Voice, Harris, Gus, Anik. Have no idea with any of the other guys schedules are but I do know Anik is on staff, employed by the UFC and has done UFC shows before.

So wouldnt that make the most sense to use a guy on staff who has done it before?

12/29/12 1:53 PM
Ocean6

crowbar - 

I feel bad for the guy.His job is just too physically demanding & the travel is just pouring more salt in the wound.Poor guy probably has to work around 16 hours a month.Have you ever ridden in a airplane & stayed in a hotel? That shit,plus talking into a microphone is exhausting.

Spoken like someone who has never had to travel for a living
12/29/12 2:03 PM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 
Sal Penis - 
Chris27 -
Sal Penis -  Mauro Ranallo is WAY more suited at this than Anik. Wtf Anik is a NOOB! Might as well have me do fucking color commentary.

Fucking ZUFFA. Dropped the ball. There's Bas, Militech, Shiavello, Ranallo Shammy.... and they get fuckin Anik!?

This is why UFC is a circus. Phone Post

LOL.

Sal Penis doesnt know the difference between PBP and Color commentary.

Bas, Pat, Frank are color guys.

The fact you even brought up Frank Shamrocks name is an embarrassment.

Voice, Mauro are the only two guys and Mauro is in Japan doing the NYE show so cross him off the list.

Voice? ?

I know you look for shit to hate on Zuffa about but this one is just lame.

One guy goes down why the fuck would they go out of the company when they have another guy in the company they can use? They need a PBP guy, Harris from the WEC and I guess the Voice are the only two PBP guys that could do it and there is no point having either of them do it over Anik.

I swear people dont think before they post.
Ok Zuffa Zombie, ok. Phone Post

LOL thats your response?

You dont know the difference between a color guy and a PBP guy, you just throw out any name you can think of even if that person doesnt do the job they need to fill.

Mauro is in Japan doing the NYE show along with Quadros and Shamrock.

That leaves Voice, Harris, Gus, Anik. Have no idea with any of the other guys schedules are but I do know Anik is on staff, employed by the UFC and has done UFC shows before.

So wouldnt that make the most sense to use a guy on staff who has done it before?

Voice also has a contract with AXS I do believe, so I would imagine Mark Cuban would have to have a say on whether he'd be there or not.

Personally I would have preferred a Florian/Rogan combo (yes, I realize they are both color guys) and have Joe to the PBP.  I really feel like he can do a good job of it.  He's got that excitement that's necessary for a strong PBP guy. 

12/29/12 2:09 PM
Haulport

Ugh.

I HATE Goldberg and would love to see him replaced (not by that generic turd Annick though) but this sounds like he is SICK. Jesus. I hope he is fine and this is just a business thing........................

12/29/12 2:10 PM
Drunkenirishfc
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope Goldie is ok but why didn't they get kenflo... Phone Post
12/29/12 2:15 PM
Haulport

Rookie Fighter -  It's been cracking me up reading everyone's personal investigations lmao. How the fuck do you know? Do you not have the patients to just wait and see what's the real reason or must you just vomit whatever ever reason your brain has to offer? It's entertaining reading the nonsense, especially the ones who now say "he does look sickly, maybe he's on pills" lol! Really dude? Phone Post

I do not have patients because I am not a Doctor..................

12/29/12 3:01 PM
DanteHec
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OG TANK BRO - And it is alll ooovvveeerrr Phone Post
Lmao! Phone Post
12/29/12 3:21 PM
TheBeebs
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pancake Syrup - Also it's just going to be awkward when sponsors pop up. Goldie is the goal medal champion at that
I admit it, I lol'd at that shit. Miss Ol' Goldy already. Phone Post
12/29/12 3:29 PM
NorthFromHere
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Best wishes to Goldie
12/29/12 4:20 PM
ender852
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To the people talking about two color guys sucking...
Rogan does play by play AND color, all Goldy does is say the commercials and nod his head at Joe.
The only good thing he does is fill the air with mindless talk when Rogan is silent and absorbed in the fight, and even that has become pretty insufferable lately with him repeating the same stuff endlessly. Phone Post
12/29/12 4:23 PM
youarewhatiswrong
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ender852 -  To the people talking about two color guys sucking...
Rogan does play by play AND color, all Goldy does is say the commercials and nod his head at Joe.
The only good thing he does is fill the air with mindless talk when Rogan is silent and absorbed in the fight, and even that has become pretty insufferable lately with him repeating the same stuff endlessly. Phone Post

This is pretty true. Rogan and Florian would be fine together.
12/29/12 4:29 PM
time traveling 12er
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ender852 -  To the people talking about two color guys sucking...

The advertising is a huge part of his job. Like HUUUGE. It's more fair to call Joe color and Goldy the straight man. He's there to fill in the blank spaces, keep a certain pace with the commentary, and to shill for the sponsors while sounding as sincere as possible. Can you guys honestly imagine Kenny or Joe going through the dry stats or saying the ad scripts well? It's not just saying them, there is a schedule on how often those things need to be said that needs to be monitored. That's the stuff the pbp guy does so the color guy can focus on the fight.
12/29/12 5:02 PM
likatiga
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goldie is the Travis Lutter of commentating, hope he gets well quick and returns to work.

He and Joe are the UFC commentators, period. Phone Post
12/29/12 5:18 PM
6ULDV8
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will always love Goldie and always have. At first I didn't notice him that much until he started begging us the viewers to pressure the powers that be and get MMA recognized as a sport.

Seriously, that was how he spent all his free time on the microphone.  He's been on there with Blatnick and begging you to keep this sport alive with every free second he had.  He's always been respectful and well-spoken to everyone and gave this barbaric sport an aura of respectability during those rough times.

Noobs might not realize it, but you owe Goldie and Rogan a bigger debt than you can ever imagine.  

Goldie kept walking the line of respectability with a 'barbaric' sport and Rogan lent his celebrity when MMA was nothing and he was a star.  Be grateful to them both.  It was just lucky they work so well together.

Go rewatch UFC 16 and see what it's all about.  Gobless Goldie and Gobless Hogan and Gobless us every one.

12/29/12 5:52 PM
confusionSay
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't let Rogan do the commercials. He'll try to do them organically and end up talking about corn nuts for 8 minutes before the broadcast.
12/29/12 6:04 PM
MountainMedic
358 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its "blaflike" to make sure people know goldy isn't sick.

Musta pissed off uncle dana? Phone Post
12/29/12 6:07 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You jerks all over this guy.

Don't worry, Mike, ignore the haters, take a deep breath and come on back.

Goldie is the man, and if you don't know, now you know.
12/29/12 6:25 PM
Iskalainen
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

likatiga -  Goldie is the Travis Lutter of commentating, hope he gets well quick and returns to work.

He and Joe are the UFC commentators, period. Phone Post

Haha, I see what you did there. And I agree with your sentiments. Definitely hope to see him back and well in 2013!
12/29/12 6:42 PM
56sav

Magic 8 ball says contract dispute likely
12/29/12 6:50 PM
Lahzerous
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THANK YOU for the WELL WISHES! UFC FANS are AS REAL as IT GETS! Bummed to miss the rematch but health first. Enjoy the fights..HERE WE GO!!!

12/29/12 6:51 PM
demonsurge
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Listening to Anik definitely makes me miss Goldberg. Guy is so dry and uninteresting to listen to so far. Doesnt sound like he wants to be there.

Then again I also prefer announcers like Jim Ross yelling slobberknocker, and hate the football-esque feeling of the FX shows (I'm not american, so they sort of lose me with it).
12/29/12 6:52 PM
OuTkAsTTTTT69
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kid Salami -

Compared to previous PPV's, UFC 155 will feel a little different with Goldie's absence.  Luckily, everything else will be virtually identical.

Lol Phone Post
12/29/12 6:53 PM
BRZ

Lahzerous -

THANK YOU for the WELL WISHES! UFC FANS are AS REAL as IT GETS! Bummed to miss the rematch but health first. Enjoy the fights..HERE WE GO!!!

Good to hear from Goldie Phone Post
12/29/12 6:58 PM
Vulva Fabulous
643 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 -

I will always love Goldie and always have. At first I didn't notice him that much until he started begging us the viewers to pressure the powers that be and get MMA recognized as a sport.

Seriously, that was how he spent all his free time on the microphone.  He's been on there with Blatnick and begging you to keep this sport alive with every free second he had.  He's always been respectful and well-spoken to everyone and gave this barbaric sport an aura of respectability during those rough times.

Noobs might not realize it, but you owe Goldie and Rogan a bigger debt than you can ever imagine.  

Goldie kept walking the line of respectability with a 'barbaric' sport and Rogan lent his celebrity when MMA was nothing and he was a star.  Be grateful to them both.  It was just lucky they work so well together.

Go rewatch UFC 16 and see what it's all about.  Gobless Goldie and Gobless Hogan and Gobless us every one.

I think back fondly to the days of Jim Brown on the mic. He could paint a verbal picture of the action that would bring a tear to a blind man due to how beautifully stated and vividly descriptive it was.

"ALL I SAW WAS SWINGING" Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.