UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cerrone: I have 44 guns, they're not taking mine

12/29/12 7:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Devlin
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think people are missing the point, when they say gun ban i doubt they mean everything.

In the uk for example it is perfectly legal to own shotguns, rifles, and some revolvers, if you have a license and can prove why you need one. If your a farmer or target shooter(literally all you need to do to be classed as one is have a shooting club membership) for example.

The problem seems to be how insanely easy it seems to be to get your hands on a weapon designed to kill quickly and efficiently in the hands of someone with minimal training.

I believe the main problem for most yanks, and i expect to get flamed for this, is fear. It shines through in almost every comment, there scared to live in a world where they don't have a gun, where someone else might show up with one, either a criminal or the big bad government. Its an interesting psychological idea, that since its so ingrained into there nations psyche, it begs the question how would they react to an all out ban.
12/29/12 7:11 AM
Devlin
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

random_muppett -  In addition to what valued TartanTopTeam member and scourge of Naderhood said in 1996 there was a shooting at a primary (elementary) school in Scotland.

16 kids aged 5/6 and one teacher were murdered. The following year the UK banned private ownership of handguns.

School massacres since? None.

But hey if you guys think your second amendment 'right' is more important than infants life's then crack on.

^^^^the last sentence is why the rest of the world thinks America can be retarded btw. Phone Post

12/29/12 7:28 AM
KingOfFighters
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wizgub - 
mikegli -
GaryColeman -  This is why the rest of the world think Americans are retarded. Phone Post

Because we wont let our government disarm us so they can do whatever the fuck they want?
Thats right, because genocide has never happened or never been attempted. Those tall tales (fictional obviously) of Jews and Rwandans killed were not preempted by a massive disarmament.

The first amendment protects us from the government.
The eighth amendment protects us from the government.
I think you are seeing a trend here...but if not the 2nd amendment is also to protect us from the government.

If you find the Constitution so objectionable, maybe you should pack up.

You're foolish.
Pretty much all european countrys the citizens dont have guns

Hell in britian even most police officers dont have guns

We havnt descended into anarchy or genocide and our gun fatality rate is MAGNITUDES lower than USA. USA has the highest gun crime and gun deaths per head than any other first world country MANY TIMES OVER yet they think the rest of the world is wrong about guns and they are right

Jesus Phone Post

Britain? hahaha the most watched kingdom in the entire world via cctv? You can't even defend your home, your property, or say anything on twitter without being investigated and incarcerated.

Britain is the last place I'd want to live.
12/29/12 7:29 AM
thewellhungarian
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here are facts and figures about gun control, no opinions 

12/29/12 7:31 AM
thewellhungarian
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Long read, but this guy also knows his shit. Worth the time to educate yourselves 

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/an-opinion-on-gun-control/

12/29/12 8:06 AM
Wizgub
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters -
Wizgub - 
mikegli -
GaryColeman -  This is why the rest of the world think Americans are retarded. Phone Post

Because we wont let our government disarm us so they can do whatever the fuck they want?
Thats right, because genocide has never happened or never been attempted. Those tall tales (fictional obviously) of Jews and Rwandans killed were not preempted by a massive disarmament.

I think you are seeing a trend here...but if not the 2nd amendment is also to protect us from the government.

You're foolish.

We havnt descended into anarchy or genocide and our gun fatality rate is MAGNITUDES lower than USA. USA has the highest gun crime and gun deaths per head than any other first world country MANY TIMES OVER yet they think the rest of the world is wrong about guns and they are right

Jesus Phone Post

Britain? hahaha the most watched kingdom in the entire world via cctv? You can't even defend your home, your property, or say anything on twitter without being investigated and incarcerated.

But i can send my kids to school without them being blown to bits

I can go and watch batman without being massacred

The only people that would have a problem with all the CCTV or DNA logging are those with something to hide

If i walk down the street to buy milk and 10 CCTV cameras see me so fucking why im buying milk. Would rather that than a crack head pulls a shooter on me takes my phone and "pops a cap in my ass"

Your argument is retarded Phone Post
12/29/12 8:16 AM
KingOfFighters

Wizgub - 
KingOfFighters -
Wizgub - 
mikegli -

You're foolish.

Jesus Phone Post

The only people that would have a problem with all the CCTV or DNA logging are those with something to hide

If i walk down the street to buy milk and 10 CCTV cameras see me so fucking why im buying milk. Would rather that than a crack head pulls a shooter on me takes my phone and "pops a cap in my ass"

Now if that same crackhead breaks into your home, and you cause him harm, he can sue your ass and win. UK logic lmfao.
12/29/12 8:35 AM
jasonhightower
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Atkinson - When I read threads like this and peoples inability to understand the danger in guns and how completely stupid it is to own so many guns I THANK GOD I DO NOT LIVE IN AMERICA!!

God bless Australia.

And I ain't even religious. Phone Post
No, but you are as shallow thinking as many here. Phone Post
12/29/12 8:44 AM
jasonhightower
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

random_muppett - In addition to what valued TartanTopTeam member and scourge of Naderhood said in 1996 there was a shooting at a primary (elementary) school in Scotland.

16 kids aged 5/6 and one teacher were murdered. The following year the UK banned private ownership of handguns.

But hey if you guys think your second amendment 'right' is more important than infants life's then crack on.

^^^^the last sentence is why the rest of the world thinks America can be retarded btw. Phone Post
So do you honestly feel that the impulse a mentally disturbed person feels to kill someone in the US is only going to be fulfilled if he has a gun available to him?

What would stop him/her from driving a car through a flimsy chain link fence and plowing over 10, 20, 30 or more kids at recess?

If you believe that guns are at the root of any killing by a mentally disabled person you most likely have a limited mental capacity as well. Phone Post
12/29/12 8:48 AM
Farewell Brock
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - Who needs 44 guns? Phone Post
A gun collector? I I have like 15 or so. Phone Post
12/29/12 8:51 AM
Wizgub
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters -
Wizgub - 
KingOfFighters -
Wizgub - 
mikegli -

You're foolish.

Jesus Phone Post

Now if that same crackhead breaks into your home, and you cause him harm, he can sue your ass and win. UK logic lmfao.
I leathered a heroin addict with a golf club for breaking into my house and trying to steal my car keys.

I didnt get done for it, and he didnt have a gun either

Your argument is invalid, and retarded Phone Post
12/29/12 8:52 AM
MdGeist

random_muppett -  In addition to what valued TartanTopTeam member and scourge of Naderhood said in 1996 there was a shooting at a primary (elementary) school in Scotland.

12/29/12 9:00 AM
TeamRenzo

Glovegate - 
Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman -  Who needs 44 guns? Phone Post

How is it your business?

Good counter argument.
12/29/12 9:01 AM
Wizgub

jasonhightower -
random_muppett - In addition to what valued TartanTopTeam member and scourge of Naderhood said in 1996 there was a shooting at a primary (elementary) school in Scotland.

So do you honestly feel that the impulse a mentally disturbed person feels to kill someone in the US is only going to be fulfilled if he has a gun available to him?

What would stop him/her from driving a car through a flimsy chain link fence and plowing over 10, 20, 30 or more kids at recess?

If you believe that guns are at the root of any killing by a mentally disabled person you most likely have a limited mental capacity as well. Phone Post
Do we not have mental killers in europe?

Is this an american affliction?

The REST OF THE WORLD DOESNT HAVE AS MANY GUNS

And the REST OF THE WORLD has far less mass killings and gun fatalities and USA per head of population

Its that simple how can you be so ridiculous Phone Post
12/29/12 9:04 AM
Dark Knight
349 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Devlin - I think people are missing the point, when they say gun ban i doubt they mean everything.

In the uk for example it is perfectly legal to own shotguns, rifles, and some revolvers, if you have a license and can prove why you need one. If your a farmer or target shooter(literally all you need to do to be classed as one is have a shooting club membership) for example.

The problem seems to be how insanely easy it seems to be to get your hands on a weapon designed to kill quickly and efficiently in the hands of someone with minimal training.

I believe the main problem for most yanks, and i expect to get flamed for this, is fear. It shines through in almost every comment, there scared to live in a world where they don't have a gun, where someone else might show up with one, either a criminal or the big bad government. Its an interesting psychological idea, that since its so ingrained into there nations psyche, it begs the question how would they react to an all out ban.

We dont need a reason. Most of my guns are just because i want them. What if I want one of every gun Smith and Wesson made?

12/29/12 9:08 AM
thewellhungarian

Wizgub - 
jasonhightower -

And the REST OF THE WORLD has far less mass killings and gun fatalities and USA per head of population

its not that simple, take the time to watch the video I posted on pg 4, and read the link on pg 4. It will open your eyes and educate you a bit.

12/29/12 9:35 AM
jasonhightower

Wizgub -
jasonhightower -

How are those mentally disabled treated there vs. the US?

Are their stricter penalties to support any gun ownership? You're gonna need to peel the onion back a little more than that to solve this problem. Phone Post
12/29/12 9:40 AM
i remember halloween

Clearly the rest of the world knows what's going on.

12/29/12 9:41 AM
dangerboy12
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what proposed gun ban? I havent heard anything about that.
12/29/12 9:46 AM
woe
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rabid Bunyip -  So what's Cowboy going to do if legislation is passed?

Start a Waco siege at his ranch?

Get the fuck over your stupid guns and your outdated ridiculous constitution.

Your children are killing each other and you have become a cliche and the punchline to a joke nobody finds funny. Phone Post

Get over our stupid constitution ? Get the fuck out of here and go back to Russia fucking commie asshole.
12/29/12 9:47 AM
bakobell

Cung knocked my ace out - I got 30.

Im not worried about them 'taking my guns' though.

Can you imagine the uprisings leading to civil war if they tried that??!! It would be mayhem.

This is all scare tactics to boost gun sales and drum up votes. Also to give those shit politicians something to harp on. And it will work. Phone Post
Pretty much. Phone Post
12/29/12 9:48 AM
Dark Knight
349 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wizgub - 
jasonhightower -

Chicago bans guns. They are ending the year with 500 homicides

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-12-28/news/chi-chicago-2012-homicide-toll-20121228_1_latest-homicide-500th-homicide-tragic-number

Chicago police confirm 'tragic number' of 500 homicides

December 28, 2012

Chicago reached “a tragic number” today, according to Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy: Its homicide total for the year hit 500, the highest annual total since 2008.

The city's latest homicide occurred around 9 p.m. Thursday when Nathaniel T. Jackson, 40, an alleged gang member with a lengthy arrest record, was gunned down outside a store in the Austin neighborhood.
12/29/12 9:50 AM
jasonhightower

dangerboy12 - what proposed gun ban? I havent heard anything about that.
Agreed, not sure why people even mention that. I am actually for gun control, if it makes sense and targets the core issue on keeping those not equipped to handle a firearm from getting one. Phone Post
12/29/12 9:51 AM
Dark Knight

dangerboy12 - what proposed gun ban? I havent heard anything about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mmLtyN3Vsk&feature=player_embedded

12/29/12 9:54 AM
Dark Knight

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons

Summary of 2013 legislation

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:

Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
120 specifically-named firearms;

Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and

Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.

Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:

Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;

Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and

Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.

Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.

Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:

Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;

Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and

Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.

Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:

Background check of owner and any transferee;
Type and serial number of the firearm;
Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;

Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and

Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.