UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cerrone: I have 44 guns, they're not taking mine

12/29/12 10:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wizgub
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dark Knight -
Wizgub - 
jasonhightower -
random_muppett - In addition to what valued TartanTopTeam member and scourge of Naderhood said in 1996 there was a shooting at a primary (elementary) school in Scotland.

16 kids aged 5/6 and one teacher were murdered. The following year the UK banned private ownership of handguns.

School massacres since? None.

But hey if you guys think your second amendment 'right' is more important than infants life's then crack on.

^^^^the last sentence is why the rest of the world thinks America can be retarded btw. Phone Post
So do you honestly feel that the impulse a mentally disturbed person feels to kill someone in the US is only going to be fulfilled if he has a gun available to him?

What would stop him/her from driving a car through a flimsy chain link fence and plowing over 10, 20, 30 or more kids at recess?

If you believe that guns are at the root of any killing by a mentally disabled person you most likely have a limited mental capacity as well. Phone Post
Do we not have mental killers in europe?

Is this an american affliction?

The REST OF THE WORLD DOESNT HAVE AS MANY GUNS

And the REST OF THE WORLD has far less mass killings and gun fatalities and USA per head of population

Its that simple how can you be so ridiculous Phone Post

Chicago bans guns. They are ending the year with 500 homicides

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-12-28/news/chi-chicago-2012-homicide-toll-20121228_1_latest-homicide-500th-homicide-tragic-number

Chicago police confirm 'tragic number' of 500 homicides

December 28, 2012

Chicago reached “a tragic number” today, according to Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy: Its homicide total for the year hit 500, the highest annual total since 2008.

The city's latest homicide occurred around 9 p.m. Thursday when Nathaniel T. Jackson, 40, an alleged gang member with a lengthy arrest record, was gunned down outside a store in the Austin neighborhood.
It wont work single states doing it as you can just buy it in a neighbouring state and cross the line it would need to be federal level.

But no the solution to gun crime is obviously MORE GUNS the country with the highest gun crime rate per head has obviously got it right and

ALL THE OTHER COUNTRIES WORLDWIDE with gun bans and MAGNITUDES lower gun crime rate have it wrong.

Britian which has a population of 67 million people and only had 98 gun deaths last year has it wrong

Per head if usa had a pop of 67 million they would have had over 1000 deaths, 10 times higher, have it right.

Your right bro obviously more guns solves the problem of gun crime we see that with every other first world country in the world Phone Post
12/29/12 10:14 AM
Devlin
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dark Knight - 
Devlin - I think people are missing the point, when they say gun ban i doubt they mean everything.

In the uk for example it is perfectly legal to own shotguns, rifles, and some revolvers, if you have a license and can prove why you need one. If your a farmer or target shooter(literally all you need to do to be classed as one is have a shooting club membership) for example.

The problem seems to be how insanely easy it seems to be to get your hands on a weapon designed to kill quickly and efficiently in the hands of someone with minimal training.

I believe the main problem for most yanks, and i expect to get flamed for this, is fear. It shines through in almost every comment, there scared to live in a world where they don't have a gun, where someone else might show up with one, either a criminal or the big bad government. Its an interesting psychological idea, that since its so ingrained into there nations psyche, it begs the question how would they react to an all out ban.

We dont need a reason. Most of my guns are just because i want them. What if I want one of every gun Smith and Wesson made?

Then you'll have to spend some serious cash, and be lucky enough to live in a country that allows people to collect killing tools. Honestly i think people should legally be allowed to own guns, just with some obvious restrictions on number, caliber and capacity and safeguards against theft.
12/29/12 10:15 AM
dangerboy12
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dark Knight - 
dangerboy12 - what proposed gun ban? I havent heard anything about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mmLtyN3Vsk&feature=player_embedded

A ban on "assault weapons" whatever the fuck that means will never pass. And really doesn't equate to a gun ban. Obama is getting too much gun money to let something lat that go through.

But thanks for the link.
12/29/12 10:16 AM
Godmode
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mikegli - 
GaryColeman -  This is why the rest of the world think Americans are retarded. Phone Post

Because we wont let our government disarm us so they can do whatever the fuck they want?
Thats right, because genocide has never happened or never been attempted. Those tall tales (fictional obviously) of Jews and Rwandans killed were not preempted by a massive disarmament.

The first amendment protects us from the government.
The eighth amendment protects us from the government.
I think you are seeing a trend here...but if not the 2nd amendment is also to protect us from the government.

If you find the Constitution so objectionable, maybe you should pack up.

You're foolish.

Yes, because guns is what's gonna protect you against the fucking GOVERNMENT in this day and age...

That argument is so god damn hacky and used to defend your own needs only when it suits you.

I understand one's need to own a gun, or even several of them, but to a fucking extent. I understand that it comes all to a matter education, but you don't need FOURTY fucking guns - not even taking into account their caliber, because that's another clusterfuck.
12/29/12 10:19 AM
MdGeist

Edited: 12/29/12 10:19 AM

Dark Knight - 

This lady needs to keep her politics in her own state. Feinstein represents the people of California and her political views are absolutely out of touch with the vast majority of the U.S.

If Conneticut or any other state wants a ban on assault weapons, their states legislators can make that decision themselves and perfectly fine with that if that is what the people want at the local and state level.

But it isn't her job to police the entire nation and impose California gun control policy on the federal level and it isn't in her state's interest do so.

Keep your shit in your state and we'll do what we like in ours.

12/29/12 10:21 AM
Dogman
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guns + Emotion =/= logic
12/29/12 10:23 AM
Devlin
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

willienugget - 
Devlin - I think people are missing the point, when they say gun ban i doubt they mean everything.

In the uk for example it is perfectly legal to own shotguns, rifles, and some revolvers, if you have a license and can prove why you need one. If your a farmer or target shooter(literally all you need to do to be classed as one is have a shooting club membership) for example.

The problem seems to be how insanely easy it seems to be to get your hands on a weapon designed to kill quickly and efficiently in the hands of someone with minimal training.

I believe the main problem for most yanks, and i expect to get flamed for this, is fear. It shines through in almost every comment, there scared to live in a world where they don't have a gun, where someone else might show up with one, either a criminal or the big bad government. Its an interesting psychological idea, that since its so ingrained into there nations psyche, it begs the question how would they react to an all out ban.

I think fear is pretty accurate. Maybe not so much that you live in total fear without one, but there is some comfort in knowing you have it.

I do think it is you that's missing the point. I know it was a long time ago but our country was founded on the heels of a revolution and many things drafted into the Constitution had the possibility of future revolt in mind. Not so much to prevent it but to enable it and remind people why they revolted in the first place and to command them to do so again should the need arise. If this need ever arises we need guns. We also can't have the enemy knowing who our greatest potential threats might be.

I agree with your first point completely, the assurances in knowing you have a gun has to be a big part. Saying that the availability of guns makes it a pretty dead certainty that the criminal will have one too, and may be more willing to use it.

I think your second point is reasonable, and is clearly the reason why it was put into the constitution, but the world is a different place than what it was 50 years ago, never mind in 1791 when the 2nd amendment was made. (To set the scene this was before even the abolition of slavery in 1833).

However i dont think i'm missing the point, i doubt when they put the right to bear arms in, they meant having an arsenal each. Bear in mind the height of technological weaponry when this was written was i believe one shot flintlock rifles/pistols rather than AR15's.
12/29/12 10:25 AM
jasonhightower
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dangerboy12 -
Dark Knight - 

A ban on "assault weapons" whatever the fuck that means will never pass. And really doesn't equate to a gun ban. Obama is getting too much gun money to let something lat that go through.

But thanks for the link.
Agreed, it will never pass in that form. Also Feinstein's proposal does nothing to further restrictions to households with residents of mental illness.

Career politicians blow. Phone Post
12/29/12 10:27 AM
Devlin

jasonhightower - 
random_muppett - In addition to what valued TartanTopTeam member and scourge of Naderhood said in 1996 there was a shooting at a primary (elementary) school in Scotland.

16 kids aged 5/6 and one teacher were murdered. The following year the UK banned private ownership of handguns.

But hey if you guys think your second amendment 'right' is more important than infants life's then crack on.

^^^^the last sentence is why the rest of the world thinks America can be retarded btw. Phone Post
So do you honestly feel that the impulse a mentally disturbed person feels to kill someone in the US is only going to be fulfilled if he has a gun available to him?

What would stop him/her from driving a car through a flimsy chain link fence and plowing over 10, 20, 30 or more kids at recess?

If you believe that guns are at the root of any killing by a mentally disabled person you most likely have a limited mental capacity as well. Phone Post

Its easier though isn't it, to kill a number of people with a gun, its why they were invented, its why armies round the world use them. Also it has the added bonus of an easy way out for the killer, the often seen post massacre suicide, which is difficult if you use a car.

Obviously guns are not the root of mentally ill people with psychotic delusions and thoughts, but they make fulfilling these sick fantasies easier.

p.s. cars aren't designed to kill guns are, someone using a car to kill is subverting its purpose, someone using a gun is fulfilling it, obvious point i know but it had to be made.
12/29/12 10:42 AM
Dark Knight
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wizgub - 
Dark Knight -
Wizgub - 
jasonhightower -

Do we not have mental killers in europe?

Is this an american affliction?

The REST OF THE WORLD DOESNT HAVE AS MANY GUNS

And the REST OF THE WORLD has far less mass killings and gun fatalities and USA per head of population

Its that simple how can you be so ridiculous Phone Post

Chicago bans guns. They are ending the year with 500 homicides

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-12-28/news/chi-chicago-2012-homicide-toll-20121228_1_latest-homicide-500th-homicide-tragic-number

Chicago police confirm 'tragic number' of 500 homicides

December 28, 2012

Chicago reached “a tragic number” today, according to Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy: Its homicide total for the year hit 500, the highest annual total since 2008.

The city's latest homicide occurred around 9 p.m. Thursday when Nathaniel T. Jackson, 40, an alleged gang member with a lengthy arrest record, was gunned down outside a store in the Austin neighborhood.
It wont work single states doing it as you can just buy it in a neighbouring state and cross the line it would need to be federal level.

But no the solution to gun crime is obviously MORE GUNS the country with the highest gun crime rate per head has obviously got it right and

ALL THE OTHER COUNTRIES WORLDWIDE with gun bans and MAGNITUDES lower gun crime rate have it wrong.

Britian which has a population of 67 million people and only had 98 gun deaths last year has it wrong

Per head if usa had a pop of 67 million they would have had over 1000 deaths, 10 times higher, have it right.

Your right bro obviously more guns solves the problem of gun crime we see that with every other first world country in the world Phone Post

Our problem is not guns. We have a problem with our society, do you think the reason 500 people were killed in ONE city is because of guns? Do you think our problems will go away if we ban guns?

14 percent of the United States are illiterate, 79 percent of Chicago students are illiterate.

12/29/12 10:44 AM
Dark Knight
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is the drug problem the same in the UK as it is in the US?
12/29/12 10:57 AM
Wade5000
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
12/29/12 11:03 AM
56sav

banning guns isn't the answer...99.5% of legal guns aren't used in violent crimes, and 98% of the time just pulling it out prevents the crime.
12/29/12 11:08 AM
fayceofff
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just want to point out to the people who say the Constitution was referring to flintlocks, you're right - because that was the available military technology. Today, it's the AR or the AK and if you need to defend your home (or country) those are the weapons that are most effective.
12/29/12 11:16 AM
FJJ828

Allucard - 
NorthFromHere - City folks just don't get it.
If you live in the woods as we say in Winland, you have to be able to protect yourself, your family and stuff. There's no police to rely on. There are places around here where it takes 2-3 hours on average for the cops to arrive if there's an emergency. Not to mention beasts like wolves and bears. I'm my keeping my guns too.

Interesting point. But Assault Rifles? Also, did you know Walmart banned pop music with curse words but is selling Assault Rifles?

"Assault Rifle" is a term used by anti gun people and uneducated people. Keep that in mind.

12/29/12 11:19 AM
FJJ828

Wizgub - 
KingOfFighters -
Wizgub - 
mikegli -
GaryColeman -  This is why the rest of the world think Americans are retarded. Phone Post

Because we wont let our government disarm us so they can do whatever the fuck they want?
Thats right, because genocide has never happened or never been attempted. Those tall tales (fictional obviously) of Jews and Rwandans killed were not preempted by a massive disarmament.

I think you are seeing a trend here...but if not the 2nd amendment is also to protect us from the government.

You're foolish.
Pretty much all european countrys the citizens dont have guns

Hell in britian even most police officers dont have guns

We havnt descended into anarchy or genocide and our gun fatality rate is MAGNITUDES lower than USA. USA has the highest gun crime and gun deaths per head than any other first world country MANY TIMES OVER yet they think the rest of the world is wrong about guns and they are right

Jesus Phone Post

Britain? hahaha the most watched kingdom in the entire world via cctv? You can't even defend your home, your property, or say anything on twitter without being investigated and incarcerated.

Britain is the last place I'd want to live.
But i can send my kids to school without them being blown to bits

I can go and watch batman without being massacred

The only people that would have a problem with all the CCTV or DNA logging are those with something to hide

If i walk down the street to buy milk and 10 CCTV cameras see me so fucking why im buying milk. Would rather that than a crack head pulls a shooter on me takes my phone and "pops a cap in my ass"

Your argument is retarded Phone Post

Freedom comes with a price. It is not perfect but many Americans feel that even with the risks of crazy people doing terrible things, this is a better place to live.

12/29/12 11:21 AM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

So all you have to do is weed out the mentally ill from society, and problem solved!

12/29/12 11:33 AM
Wizgub
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FJJ828 -
Wizgub - 
KingOfFighters -
Wizgub - 
mikegli -

You're foolish.

We havnt descended into anarchy or genocide and our gun fatality rate is MAGNITUDES lower than USA. USA has the highest gun crime and gun deaths per head than any other first world country MANY TIMES OVER yet they think the rest of the world is wrong about guns and they are right

Jesus Phone Post

Britain? hahaha the most watched kingdom in the entire world via cctv? You can't even defend your home, your property, or say anything on twitter without being investigated and incarcerated.

The only people that would have a problem with all the CCTV or DNA logging are those with something to hide

If i walk down the street to buy milk and 10 CCTV cameras see me so fucking why im buying milk. Would rather that than a crack head pulls a shooter on me takes my phone and "pops a cap in my ass"

Freedom comes with a price. It is not perfect but many Americans feel that even with the risks of crazy people doing terrible things, this is a better place to live.

I have no limit on travelling or "freedoms" infact american citizens have much less "freedom" than europeans do at the moment with your criminal laws, capital punishment, police laws and guidelines, terrorist legislation, attempts by your govt to censor internet, stricter laws on gambling alcohol sex and marriage etc

Tell me again how more guns makes america more of a free country than mine? Phone Post
12/29/12 11:38 AM
jasonhightower
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/12/29/Anti-Gun-Senator-Shoots-Home-Intruders Phone Post
12/29/12 11:47 AM
woe
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tolai -  Man I'm glad I don't live in America... Phone Post

Me too. Please stay where ever you are.
12/29/12 12:25 PM
DiSmAnTLeR

UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - 
mikegli - 
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - 
mikegli - 

You're foolish.

How's this for a deal, Canada will trade you Alberta + all of our religious right wing gun lovers.  All we want in return is all of your athiests.

Deal. But they must stay in California or New York.

So, you basically just agreed to a deal for Canada's prison population for the American scientific community.   Bravo sir.

so your plan is to trade away the only province that is actually turning a profit and not a 'have not', sucking equalization money down the drain?

those right wing rednecks keep your streetlights on and your roads paved, son. try to learn how to stand on your own two feet before you give away the goose that layed the golden egg.
12/29/12 12:31 PM
DiSmAnTLeR

UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - 
youarewhatiswrong - 

No, the rest of the world thinks Americans are retarded because we let our government run rampant.

No, we think you are retarded because of the gun thing...among many other issues.  I don't know a single person on my street that owns a gun.  Not even the drug dealers.

owning firearms is not something that you advertise. especially if you are a drug dealer who probably doesnt have a PAL license.

your neighbors own guns, they just know not to bring it up around irrational hoplophobes.
12/29/12 12:40 PM
the chief
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did somebody seriously use the ”if you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about while being watched” argument?

What are you...ten years old? Phone Post
12/29/12 12:45 PM
random_muppett
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters - 
Wizgub - 
KingOfFighters -
Wizgub - 
mikegli -

You're foolish.

Jesus Phone Post

Now if that same crackhead breaks into your home, and you cause him harm, he can sue your ass and win. UK logic lmfao.

Source for being sued by housebreaking crackhead???

12/29/12 12:51 PM
john joe
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
MMALOGIC - 

how bout eliminating the income tax and the fractional reserve monetary system so both parents and older siblings dont have to be a slave to the system?...  how about giving preference to the family structure and community structure that has worked so well for thousands of years?

how bout instead of focusing on guns we get rid of the synthetic drugs being pumped into the population?

that doesnt fit the socialist agenda...  Govt needs to replace the family.  You need to serve and depend on the govt.

Getting rid of Guns?  yep... that's good for the govt.  getting rid of the dumbing down of society? not so good for the govt...

pumping drugs into population would benefit the big pharma corps; thats not a socialist thing. Pharma is right-aligned same as all other big business like tobacco, guns and whatnot

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.