UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Goldie, we respect you.

12/28/12 9:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Diazed And Confused
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/30/12 7:56 PM

THANK YOU for the WELL WISHES! UFC FANS are AS REAL as IT GETS! Bummed to miss the rematch but health first. Enjoy the fights..HERE WE GO!!!

With more information coming to light on the issues facing Mr. Goldie, we'll keep this thread around to show our  love and support during whatever struggles he is facing right now.

We, The UG, accept and understand he has played a key and important part in the development of UFC, and MMA.

As much criticism as he gets, and as much as our community might rage on him, only the tallest buildings get the biggest attention.

"SIGN" or "TTT" to show your support, and best wishes

I will be adding the best written reponses to this OP, so whenever Goldie manages to make his way to this thread, he'll feel the love, support, and all that hippy shit.

-

Funaki Masakatsu #1 -  Mike Goldberg does not get the respect and appreciation he deserves. He's been commentating the UFC since UFC Japan 1 in 1997, the night Frank Shamrock first won the title, and lives and breathes the sport. The idea that he doesn't know what he's watching is ridiculous. He's great at his job and will be missed heavily if his leave of absence is permanent. 

-

SouthernCrossMMA -  I have paid him out on here a few times in the past but it's really not gunna be the same without him
TTT for goldies return and more goldieisms! 

-

AttentionDeficitDizzle - If they replace Goldie with someone more qualified then I'll miss all the potential face palms. One thing I do like about Goldie is he remains neutral to any political or personal garbage that is going on within the UFC or with fighters or with different training campus.

He is impartial and just avoids saying offensive stuff or taking sides. His comments are usually observational or scripted, and you do need someone like that to anchor a broadcast team. It is good to have someone who maintains a normative balance for the fans, then add other supporting broadcasters who can add color and everything else. Goldie is like the dependable character while Joe is the unpredictable one.

-

ThePeoplesYhundi -  Like many others have said it wouldn't be the same without him all I've ever known for the UFC was the Rogan-Goldberg commentary team.

When he makes mistakes its nothing major and you usually have a laugh at it.

-

stayrad -  I'm actually gutted goldie won't be on the broadcast with joe tonight. I fully love te relationship joe and goldie have and it makes my viewing a better experience, I love eating goldie's funny slip ups and joes reaction etc. 

Come back soon goldie

-

Kirik - It's going to feel weird tonight, for sure. Hope whatever it is works out, and you can come back soon.

-

fightsfan - MIKE GOLDBERG is part of the fabric of the UFC going back a long time and will be missed while he is out and certainly hope for his return.

He brought a lot of professionalism to the UFC broadcast booth and has had great chemistry with Rogan over the years. Goldie was already doing other Pro sports broadcasts and took on the UFC role rasing the bar high from the previous UFC commentators.

Hope his health and head are fine and that they are just giving him a rest and testing out Anik in a more high profile event.

Don't forget UFC is putting on a lot of events and is somewhat spread thin on broadcast guys as they grow into new markets worldwide,

12/28/12 9:53 PM
And Wagners Cut
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He might just be on holiday. Phone Post
12/28/12 9:54 PM
ufc98newb
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i am afraid this is not his choice and he will not be back. crossing my fingers that im wrong. but thats how it looks to me

12/28/12 9:55 PM
Eunuchorn
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/28/12 9:57 PM
I'm gonna miss him tomorrow night!

I like Anik, but I like Goldie and Joe together!

With them, it feels like home.

Mike just hit 15 years with the ufc last week.
12/28/12 9:56 PM
Snarf2000
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope he is back soon. I think he and Joe are a good team. Phone Post
12/28/12 9:59 PM
babacanoosh

Ttt Phone Post
12/28/12 10:01 PM
Diazed And Confused
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe, get this fucking man on JRE, now! Phone Post
12/28/12 10:08 PM
RONINXOM
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT hope all is well with Goldie Phone Post
12/28/12 10:08 PM
CHILLITACO
700 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eunuchorn - I'm gonna miss him tomorrow night!

I like Anik, but I like Goldie and Joe together!

With them, it feels like home.

Mike just hit 15 years with the ufc last week.
Ttt for Goldie.

He's like that couch in your favourite pub that's always there :-)
It eont be the the same without him. (And rogan is the hot bar whench serving the drink to you before you sit on your dependable couch) Phone Post
12/28/12 10:15 PM
Pessimist_Pete

signed Phone Post
12/28/12 10:17 PM
Iskalainen
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
12/28/12 10:24 PM
Clarence Parents
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
12/28/12 10:25 PM
mixedmartialmike

Ttt.. Way better than anik Imo Phone Post
12/28/12 10:26 PM
Masakyst
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/28/12 10:25 PM
I love Goldie, and Anik is pretty good too
12/28/12 10:26 PM
tswanson223

Billytk - I hope he comes back not that I'm a big Goldie fan but I HATE Anik!
This Phone Post
12/28/12 10:28 PM
Anderson P Sonnen
681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
12/28/12 10:33 PM
Diazed And Confused

This is not an Anik-hate thread, my fellow UG'ers. Come on: Phone Post
12/28/12 10:34 PM
Matrixkick
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed Phone Post
12/28/12 10:34 PM
SouthernCrossMMA
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have paid him out on here a few times in the past but it's really not gunna be the same without him
TTT for goldies return and more goldieisms! Phone Post
12/28/12 10:35 PM
Poindexter
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They better bring him back god damn it.

vitor3000
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed for Goldie. That Michael Jordan of color commentating. Phone Post
vitor3000
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The* Phone Post
12/28/12 10:36 PM
Ocean6

Here Here!

Godspeed and all the best Mr. Goldberg!
12/28/12 10:37 PM
40oztofreedom
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's like a girlfriend... When he's there, we criticize and say we're better off without him... but when he leaves, we miss him and want him back :( Phone Post
12/28/12 10:38 PM
40oztofreedom
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goldberg and Rogan will always be MMA's best dual commentary Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.