UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva close to signing extension, want GSP & Jones

12/29/12 11:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grimreapers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Source: Anderson Silva close to signing extension with UFC, wants fights with Bisping, GSP and Jones

So now he wants to fight Jon Jones? I wonder what Jones will say when he finds out Silva call him out... I wanna see that bout so freaking bad. If Silva stops Jones takedowns he will knock him out no doubt
12/29/12 11:44 AM
Diaz50-43Failure
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Epic superfights! Phone Post
12/29/12 11:44 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

he doesnt want to fight jones..he wants to fight gsp...and ufc is willing to sacrifice gsp if that means he will agree to fight jones...

12/29/12 11:48 AM
Grimreapers

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 

he doesnt want to fight jones..he wants to fight gsp...and ufc is willing to sacrifice gsp if that means he will agree to fight jones...

I woulnd't say sacrafice GSP... He has a chance against Silva with his takedowns

12/29/12 11:57 AM
Diaz50-43Failure
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AresSmashedPrahjuhdee - He's going to demolish all 3.
I would like to think so but I'm not sure about Jones. Jones may be Silva 2.0....he can wrassle!

I'd love to see Anderson beat Jones, just don't think it will happen. Phone Post
12/29/12 11:57 AM
FOX Force Five
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My virus protection doesn't like that link.
12/29/12 12:03 PM
Matrixkick
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys do realize he'll most likely be 40 when the Jones fight happens.

Age catches up with everybody eventually! Phone Post
12/29/12 12:12 PM
morse
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AresSmashedPrahjuhdee - he's going to make Jones his son. even getting Anderson down won't be enough.

Silva is way better off his back than Vitor and we all saw how close Victor came to subbing him.

I have never bet on a fight but if Jones vs Silva will happen I would like to get sn bet with you on this. Anderson is incredible but I think Jones is way too much even for him.

12/29/12 12:16 PM
FormrChamp

Ummmmmm, Silva loses to both of them......you can take that to the bank.....
12/29/12 12:46 PM
KaBrooney
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ "sacrifice". Phone Post
12/29/12 12:50 PM
orcus

Props for not (yet) mentioning how he is ducking the most dangerous fighter in MMA, Chris Weidman, with this proposed lineup.

12/29/12 12:54 PM
da Vinci 81
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unless silva himself says he wants to fight jones I won't believe it. Phone Post
12/29/12 1:00 PM
da Vinci 81
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

da Vinci 81 - Unless silva himself says he wants to fight jones I won't believe it. Phone Post
*actually, no I won't. I'll believe it when I see it. Phone Post
12/29/12 1:07 PM
morse
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AresSmashedPrahjuhdee - 
morse - 
AresSmashedPrahjuhdee - he's going to make Jones his son. even getting Anderson down won't be enough.

Silva is way better off his back than Vitor and we all saw how close Victor came to subbing him.

I have never bet on a fight but if Jones vs Silva will happen I would like to get sn bet with you on this. Anderson is incredible but I think Jones is way too much even for him.

you're too lurky. I AM going to SN bet if they fight, but you're too lurky.

Ok.

12/29/12 2:06 PM
Grimreapers

orcus - 

Props for not (yet) mentioning how he is ducking the most dangerous fighter in MMA, Chris Weidman, with this proposed lineup.

Since when Weidman the most dangerous fighter in MMA? lol

12/29/12 2:19 PM
BLODDYELBOW

Would love to see him knock Bisping out in epic fashion! Phone Post
12/29/12 2:44 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 12/29/12 2:45 PM

Jones vs Anderson at a 195lb catchweight would be epic... Anderson would mop him up at 195.  Jones wrestled at 197 in college.

First Anderson should whoop GSP's ass at 178.... then he should spank Jones at 195.

Bisping beating Vitor is gonna be a major challenge.  That's a bad match up for Bisping.

12/29/12 2:52 PM
morse

RobinVanRooney -  When will you noobs realise that Anderson is better than Fedor/GSP/Jon Jones has ever been and ever will be Phone Post

This noob here needs to see Anderson fight Jones. 

12/29/12 2:55 PM

Grimreapers - 

I woulnd't say sacrafice GSP... He has a chance against Silva with his takedowns

agreed but theres also a chance he ruins gsps career

12/29/12 2:56 PM

orcus - 

oh thats a given. if he fights these two and possibly bisbing he would have effectively ducked weidman

12/29/12 3:01 PM
Pessimist_Pete

After watching Vitor v Jones, I have no doubt that Silva would smash Jones. Phone Post
12/29/12 3:13 PM
unfallenstar

As of now Silva would definitely destroy Jones. I don't see GSP ever being able to beat Silva at any point in time. I don't blame GSP for being hesitant to take the fight. He's used to fighting with a size advantage(not taking anything away from him) while Anderson has a size advantage against most MWs he's fought other gamed people bigger than him. What he did to Bonnar was absolutely fucking scary.

Anderson has been progressively getting better as he ages. Jon Jones hasn't shown us that will be the case with him yet. There have been lots of hyped up guys at LHW ever since Chuck Liddell was dethroned. His reign has lasted longer, but how many other fighters have we all seen get super hyped up over just a few fights, then they get figured out and are never able to put together more than 3 or 4 wins at a time. IMO its too early to tell with Jones.

I'm just glad that I get to see Anderson in ten more matches, and he knocked off that retirement talk.
12/29/12 3:15 PM
Gooner H Smith

Lol at you people that think GSP has anything for Silva. He's going to get highlight reeled. Bad. Phone Post
12/29/12 3:18 PM
Chris27

Its not really sacrificing GSP.

If you look at all the angles GSP/Silva makes more sense.

GSP moves up, if he wins he is already the biggest PPV star he will now be even bigger because he moved up and beat the the king.

If GSP loses he is still WW champ, he moved up to fight a bigger man so he wont be hurt much by that, he will actually get credit for taking the fight. If Silva loses at a catchweight he getting older and is on the back end of his career and they could always say the extra weight cut hurt him.

With Silva/Jones if Silva moves up and wins you just hurt the stock of your future GOAT and a guy who is being lined up to be the star of the UFC for the next 10 years. If Silva loses most people think he is a LHW anyway so the moving up in weight excuse wont fly like it will with GSP. People believe Jones/Silva are the same size so a Silva loss even at LHW would hurt his stock.

GSP/SIlva is the bigger fight because GSP is a bigger star than Jones and the UFc and each fighter have less to lose.
12/29/12 3:20 PM
UGSlapshot

Thread decimated by fanboy posts.

Jones would have a significant reach/length advantage. The key to Silva beating him would be to avoid getting taken down.

If Sonnens G&P was half as good as Jon's he would have stopped Anderson.

I'm not saying either fighter should be favored too heavily but I certainly believe Jones should be given a edge.

If GSP wins and i dont think he will, it wont be exciting. Silva wont sub GSP and GSP wont stop Silva. I don't see GSP being able to stand with Silva for any length of time.

I don't believe GSP is anywhere near as dangerous as Jones. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.