UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Will JDS go down as the Greatest Heavyweight ever?

12/29/12 3:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
InvisibleControl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor had a monumental run but I think in 5 years time everyone will be calling JDS the HW GOAT.

Right now he's 9-0 in the UFC. Longest winstreak in the UFC HW division. Stopped Werdum, Velasquez, Mir, Struve, Crocop, Yvel & Gonzaga. Destroyed Nelson & Carwin.

He has yet to get hurt. Chin of iron. He has the best takedown defense in the HW division...

I don't see anybody stopping him.
12/29/12 3:32 PM
SonofJockstrap
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It remains to be seen, but every sport has its different eras, MMA is no different. JDS will be the top of his era if he defends the title successfully a few more times.

12/29/12 3:32 PM
FadeToBlack

This sport is evolving fast. Guys like Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz dominated the LHW picture in 2006 yet those guys in their prime would be lambs to slaughter for Jon Jones.
12/29/12 4:18 PM
And Wagners Cut

I believe he will. Just look at the guys he's beat already. Plus if Jones moves up and JDS beats him, there will be no doubt. Phone Post
12/29/12 4:21 PM
shugerrush

Cain will beat him tonight i promise Phone Post
12/29/12 4:21 PM
OGTT_Darth YOLO
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imo. In the ufc, I would say Francisco Miranda is the greatest HW champ. Not to mention being the last latino to hold it before Caiin.

All time is prob fedor or Jon Hess.

S.A.F.T.A. FTW Phone Post
12/29/12 4:31 PM
Eunuchorn
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he gets through Cain again, then beats Overeem and Cormier, then a strong argument can be made for him being the HW GOAT

JDS started in July 2006, so he is roughly 6 and a half years into his mma career.

When Fedor was at roughly this point in his career, he was 26-1. If Junior wins tonight, he will be 16-1. Obviously you have to look at who they actually fought though, rather than just getting blinded by numbers.

Of course fighting in PRIDE, not every opponent was high caliber, which was just the nature of the promotion.
12/29/12 4:33 PM
Foob
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he can beat Overeem he will hold the belt for a looong time imo
12/29/12 4:33 PM
kingkoopa

OGTT_Darth YOLO - Imo. In the ufc, I would say Francisco Miranda is the greatest HW champ. Not to mention being the last latino to hold it before Caiin.

All time is prob fedor or Jon Hess.

S.A.F.T.A. FTW Phone Post
Francisco Miranda III Phone Post
12/29/12 4:35 PM
Chris27

Eunuchorn - If he gets through Cain again, then beats Overeem and Cormier, then a strong argument can be made for him being the HW GOAT

JDS started in July 2006, so he is roughly 6 and a half years into his mma career.

When Fedor was at roughly this point in his career, he was 26-1. If Junior wins tonight, he will be 16-1. Obviously you have to look at who they actually fought though, rather than just getting blinded by numbers.

Of course fighting in PRIDE, not every opponent was high caliber, which was just the nature of the promotion.

This. he beats Cain, Reem and DC over the next year he has to be in the discussion for HW GOAT.

12/29/12 5:29 PM
And Wagners Cut

Chris27 -
Eunuchorn - If he gets through Cain again, then beats Overeem and Cormier, then a strong argument can be made for him being the HW GOAT

This. he beats Cain, Reem and DC over the next year he has to be in the discussion for HW GOAT.

If he beats those 3 there is no discussion needed. Phone Post
12/29/12 5:33 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
906 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 

agreed with this, people get passed up in sports...but I got Theodore head to head :)

12/29/12 5:42 PM
MMALOGIC

5 years people will be calling JDS the best HW?  in less than 1 year.  If he beats cain and overeem he's the best HW ever.

12/29/12 5:45 PM
hellride
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah a few more fights, and you can start throwing around "Greatest" but he is great now for sure.
12/29/12 5:52 PM
KZTT_W85
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And Wagners Cut - I believe he will. Just look at the guys he's beat already. Plus if Jones moves up and JDS beats him, there will be no doubt. Phone Post
^ Phone Post
12/29/12 5:56 PM
mmavixen
1091 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 

This. There would be no question in my mind if he beats those three, and I am one of the crazy Fedor fans.

12/29/12 7:09 PM
SgtJustinTeplitz
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he might...

12/30/12 12:51 AM
Jons Forsberg

InvisibleControl - Fedor had a monumental run but I think in 5 years time everyone will be calling JDS the HW GOAT.

Right now he's 9-0 in the UFC. Longest winstreak in the UFC HW division. Stopped Werdum, Velasquez, Mir, Struve, Crocop, Yvel & Gonzaga. Destroyed Nelson & Carwin.

He has yet to get hurt. Chin of iron. He has the best takedown defense in the HW division...

I don't see anybody stopping him.

you should've waited 9 more hours...
12/30/12 12:59 AM
phillyslice99

No Phone Post
12/30/12 1:01 AM
sparkuri

Somebody tell me this guys join date. I'm on the Android app Phone Post
12/30/12 1:38 AM
Jons Forsberg

sparkuri -  Somebody tell me this guys join date. I'm on the Android app Phone Post

10ers gon '10
12/30/12 9:31 AM
shugerrush

shugerrush - Cain will beat him tonight i promise Phone Post
I dont break promises Phone Post
12/30/12 9:33 AM
JamesTheWelshDR
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

will always be fedor
12/30/12 9:41 AM
DEZBOT

Still think jds is the most underrated fighter ever Phone Post
12/31/12 11:05 AM
Ninpo Silva

No HW can stand the test of time like Fedor did. Dude was the most exciting HW of his time and that shit was a long reign compared to today's HWs. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.