UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Velasquez vs. Dos Santos

12/30/12 1:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Il Duce
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am crushed. Phone Post
12/30/12 1:16 AM
the pimp
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hahahahaha to all you doubters. Cain will be champ for a very long time!!!!!!!!!!!!! Phone Post
12/30/12 1:16 AM
the pimp
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sockeye -
r_o_y - Man that pic of jds as they put the belt on cain says it all. I though jds would steamroll cain. I am shocked...

Great pic. Phone Post
12/30/12 1:19 AM
Vulva Fabulous
775 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reed Rothchild - JDS made the mistake of leave his hands down... He'll be back as a champion again Phone Post
They were down ALMOST the entire fight....right after that 1st round bomb by Cain is when they never came back up.

Here's my personal opinion of what we just saw. JDS was getting a bit cocky after stuffing multiple takedowns in the 1st round and actually saw Cain show that he was frustrated when he slapped the mat after another JDS escape. While his hands weren't down, I think instead of getting confident, JDS crossed the line and started to get cocky....which is a very fine line to cross. He might have thought that the fight was going to continue like that or he stopped fearing Cain's offensive capabilities and had a brainfart when Cain landed that fucking BOMB of a punch...a punch that would've ended the just about every other HW fighter's night. While it didn't KO JDS, I whole heartedly believe that JDS actually got a concussion. Not the normal, everyday MMA/UFC concussion that we barely notice every event but see on the suspension list, but the type of concussion that you see when an NFL player gets one and is sidelined 6 weeks. While he continued to fight, I think he was just a shell of a man, a walking knockout so to speak. I've personally never seen a fighter seem so out of it confused for an entire fight the way JDS did in this fight. There were moments where JDS seemed not to know what was going on.

Anyway, congrats to Cain on a great performance and reaching the top of the HW mountain again, and congrats to JDS for managing to get knocked out in round 1(in my opinion) but lasting through all 5.

And, I agree with everybody here saying what a bullshit, classless act by the crowd to boo JDS, one of the nicest and classiest people in MMA, especially after showing the kind of heart that he did to survive all 5 rounds when another HW fighter would likely have been finished in rds 1 or 2.

Sorry for the FRAT. Phone Post
12/30/12 1:19 AM
kostello
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got MMAlk - 
kostello - I agree that the people booing AFTER the fight were idiots.

Booing beforehand isn't that bad but after JDS fought all 5 rounds and gave them their moneys worth... I don't get the booing.

Boo Brunson and Leben.
I would never boo Leben. Phone Post

He pulled back his signature punch like 10 times.

Like Joe Rogan said "Leben looks like he's walking in quicksand..."
12/30/12 1:20 AM
dermotfix
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fucking fight between two warriors.

If JDS had staged a comeback, I'd say almost as good as Maldonado v Teixiera.

12/30/12 1:20 AM
Jaybrone
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StretchPlum - Incredibly poor fight. If that wasn't a championship fight, people would be throwing bags of dog shit in the ring. JDS is exhausted after 30 seconds, and CV tries to avoid fighting for the last 3.5 rounds.
Dude don't be such a negative whiner. It was a fun fight. Are you butt hurt cause your boy lost or just negative all the time? Phone Post
12/30/12 1:26 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well well well f*ckers!
12/30/12 1:26 AM
The Engineer

Can't believe anyone is calling that a fight, that was pathetic. What a terrible HW title fight. Both guys were so gassed after the first round it was almost sad. JDS couldn't throw a punch and Cain had to force himself to stay busy enough to win the rounds.

Won't be watching the third (if there is one).
12/30/12 1:29 AM
mrgoodarmbar
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

weird. I said at the time before the big shot in the 1st round that jds looked lethargic. It was the way he stumbled a bit after doing a run away escape from a takedown. Props to Cain though. I really thought that jds was just starting slow until he could find the right range, but cains jab kept him jds off balance and let him close the distance.

12/30/12 1:31 AM
theshooter
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"They were down ALMOST the entire fight....right after that 1st round bomb by Cain is when they never came back up."

Yeah, Cain landed that bomb early in the fight and JDS was never really able to recover from it. I'm really surprised that JDS was able to last to the time limit. JDS may have lost this fight, but he proved that he's as tough as nails.
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And just keep in mind people.

Cain didn't show his full arsenal. Phone Post
myee8
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jar of flies - last one for the night from me.. gotta get some sleep

Wow, talk about leaving your hands down... Phone Post
12/30/12 1:41 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Immaculata - Awesome match up. I got Cain by UD.

Booyah!!
12/30/12 1:51 AM
Blazing Knees

What I learned from this fight.

Don't underestimate Cain ( I still don't like him)

Dos Santos is tougher than a $ 2.00 steak

That Dos Santos resembles Frankenstein

That it was the worst HW fight I've ever seen- sloppy, stumbling, gassed after the 1st round debacle.

That I am forced to watch an immediate rubber match whether I like it or not.

12/30/12 1:54 AM
Blazing Knees

kostello - I agree that the people booing AFTER the fight were idiots.

Booing beforehand isn't that bad but after JDS fought all 5 rounds and gave them their moneys worth... I don't get the booing.

Boo Brunson and Leben.

Boo both of them- sloppy messes
12/30/12 1:54 AM
kevsh
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1. Shocked that Joe/Jon pointed out how gassed JDS was about 100 times but I only heard them once mention Cain's tank. He was clearly gassed as well by the 3rd, NOT pacing himself as Joe kept insisting.

2. I agree Junior may have been concussed or broke his jaw from that punch. He was out of it - and this is the guy that spent 3 rounds hitting Nelson with bombs. Cardio is not a problem with JDS.

3. If Overeem doesn't KO Cain early he's in for a long night.
12/30/12 1:56 AM
Blazing Knees

Vulva Fabulous -  I honestly have no idea how it managed to go 5 rounds.

As impressive of a fight that Cain fought, I am just as impressed that JDS somehow managed to NOT get stopped. Phone Post

I totally agree.

You have to give it to Herb Dean though, he did a great job and could've stopped that fight a couple times.
12/30/12 2:04 AM
Lux Fixxins

Immaculata - Well well well f*ckers!
He said he'd do it, and he did it. Phone Post
12/30/12 2:12 AM
dermotfix
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theshooter - "They were down ALMOST the entire fight....right after that 1st round bomb by Cain is when they never came back up."

Yeah, Cain landed that bomb early in the fight and JDS was never really able to recover from it. I'm really surprised that JDS was able to last to the time limit. JDS may have lost this fight, but he proved that he's as tough as nails.

^^^^^

12/30/12 2:19 AM
Fugitive

7 Phone Post
12/30/12 2:56 AM
psycheward

Insane.
12/30/12 3:05 AM
ShaqNoob
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

easedel - Fuck it. JDS > Cain. Thats how I see it and will always see it.
You must be blind. Phone Post
12/30/12 3:08 AM
ShaqNoob
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sockeye -
r_o_y - Man that pic of jds as they put the belt on cain says it all. I though jds would steamroll cain. I am shocked...

Was rooting for Cain but the left side of this pic is depressing as hell. Phone Post
12/30/12 4:52 AM
Jack_Bauer
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barbalos - JDS is gonna beat him like he caught him crossing the border

How'd that turn out for you, you racist faggot?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.