UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Velasquez vs. Dos Santos

12/30/12 1:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mrgoodarmbar
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

weird. I said at the time before the big shot in the 1st round that jds looked lethargic. It was the way he stumbled a bit after doing a run away escape from a takedown. Props to Cain though. I really thought that jds was just starting slow until he could find the right range, but cains jab kept him jds off balance and let him close the distance.

12/30/12 1:31 AM
theshooter
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"They were down ALMOST the entire fight....right after that 1st round bomb by Cain is when they never came back up."

Yeah, Cain landed that bomb early in the fight and JDS was never really able to recover from it. I'm really surprised that JDS was able to last to the time limit. JDS may have lost this fight, but he proved that he's as tough as nails.
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And just keep in mind people.

Cain didn't show his full arsenal. Phone Post
myee8
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jar of flies - last one for the night from me.. gotta get some sleep

Wow, talk about leaving your hands down... Phone Post
12/30/12 1:41 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Immaculata - Awesome match up. I got Cain by UD.

Booyah!!
12/30/12 1:51 AM
Blazing Knees
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What I learned from this fight.

Don't underestimate Cain ( I still don't like him)

Dos Santos is tougher than a $ 2.00 steak

That Dos Santos resembles Frankenstein

That it was the worst HW fight I've ever seen- sloppy, stumbling, gassed after the 1st round debacle.

That I am forced to watch an immediate rubber match whether I like it or not.

12/30/12 1:54 AM
Blazing Knees

kostello - I agree that the people booing AFTER the fight were idiots.

Booing beforehand isn't that bad but after JDS fought all 5 rounds and gave them their moneys worth... I don't get the booing.

Boo Brunson and Leben.

Boo both of them- sloppy messes
12/30/12 1:54 AM
kevsh
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1. Shocked that Joe/Jon pointed out how gassed JDS was about 100 times but I only heard them once mention Cain's tank. He was clearly gassed as well by the 3rd, NOT pacing himself as Joe kept insisting.

2. I agree Junior may have been concussed or broke his jaw from that punch. He was out of it - and this is the guy that spent 3 rounds hitting Nelson with bombs. Cardio is not a problem with JDS.

3. If Overeem doesn't KO Cain early he's in for a long night.
12/30/12 1:56 AM
Blazing Knees

Vulva Fabulous -  I honestly have no idea how it managed to go 5 rounds.

As impressive of a fight that Cain fought, I am just as impressed that JDS somehow managed to NOT get stopped. Phone Post

I totally agree.

You have to give it to Herb Dean though, he did a great job and could've stopped that fight a couple times.
12/30/12 2:04 AM
Lux Fixxins

Immaculata - Well well well f*ckers!
He said he'd do it, and he did it. Phone Post
12/30/12 2:12 AM
dermotfix
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theshooter - "They were down ALMOST the entire fight....right after that 1st round bomb by Cain is when they never came back up."

Yeah, Cain landed that bomb early in the fight and JDS was never really able to recover from it. I'm really surprised that JDS was able to last to the time limit. JDS may have lost this fight, but he proved that he's as tough as nails.

^^^^^

12/30/12 2:19 AM
Fugitive

7 Phone Post
12/30/12 2:56 AM
psycheward

Insane.
12/30/12 3:05 AM
ShaqNoob
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

easedel - Fuck it. JDS > Cain. Thats how I see it and will always see it.
You must be blind. Phone Post
12/30/12 3:08 AM
ShaqNoob
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sockeye -
r_o_y - Man that pic of jds as they put the belt on cain says it all. I though jds would steamroll cain. I am shocked...

Was rooting for Cain but the left side of this pic is depressing as hell. Phone Post
12/30/12 4:52 AM
Jack_Bauer
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barbalos - JDS is gonna beat him like he caught him crossing the border

How'd that turn out for you, you racist faggot?

12/30/12 5:41 AM
UGCTT_chuckles1
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_chuckles1 - Cain Unanimous Decision Phone Post
: ) Phone Post
12/30/12 9:05 AM
stonepony

kevsh - 1. Shocked that Joe/Jon pointed out how gassed JDS was about 100 times but I only heard them once mention Cain's tank. He was clearly gassed as well by the 3rd, NOT pacing himself as Joe kept insisting.

2. I agree Junior may have been concussed or broke his jaw from that punch. He was out of it - and this is the guy that spent 3 rounds hitting Nelson with bombs. Cardio is not a problem with JDS.

3. If Overeem doesn't KO Cain early he's in for a long night.

"3. If Overeem doesn't KO Cain early he's in for a long night."

Who?
12/30/12 10:15 AM
StratTone
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ironhouse - Anyone else doubt the knee injury now?

That knee injury had nothing to do with that first loss IMO. Everyone losses as we saw last night and that is ok.
12/30/12 10:32 AM
knuckles2

Santos claimed after the fight that cain reeked of fecal matter and that Cain had shit himself halfway thru the first round, thus throwing off his game plan.
12/30/12 10:54 AM
twodragunns

knuckles2 - Santos claimed after the fight that cain reeked of fecal matter and that Cain had shit himself halfway thru the first round, thus throwing off his game plan.

This has to be the most retarded post ever on the UG ....... dude go back watching wrestling.

12/30/12 10:56 AM
twodragunns

StratTone - 

That knee injury had nothing to do with that first loss IMO. Everyone losses as we saw last night and that is ok.

LMFAO @ your post ....... the knee injury obviously had everything to do with the outcome of the first fight and to think otherwise is lunacy!!

12/30/12 11:17 AM
ValeTudo 1

twodragunns - 
StratTone - 

LMFAO @ your post ....... the knee injury obviously had everything to do with the outcome of the first fight and to think otherwise is lunacy!!

What a communist. If you disagree then your a lunatic???

Don't forget JDS had an injury in the first fight too. Cain said it himself his gameplan was messed up he was waiting for the right time to get the takedown, which make sense as JDS is a sharp accurate striker, in the second fight cain came out all guns blazing and fearless.

The second fight cain had a different more fearless mentality than the first, that's the difference mate. Look how easily in the first round JDS was defending the takedowns had cain just been desperate for takedowns and avoided any stand up he would of been in for a long night he came out on fire and was ready to bang on the feet, like I said fearless.
12/30/12 11:51 AM
SQUEEZIE

"if cain stand with him he is gunna get knocked out"
"jds with in 2...easy fight for him"

thats was 90% of the ug and these same guys all picked joe over jim as well...you guys dont know shit at all!

12/30/12 11:59 AM
sadisticsoldier
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SQUEEZIE - "if cain stand with him he is gunna get knocked out"
"jds with in 2...easy fight for him"

thats was 90% of the ug and these same guys all picked joe over jim as well...you guys dont know shit at all!

Yeah. Because those matches were so cut and dry. Clearly every time they fight it'd be the same outcome. I bet you knew how every moment of the fight was going to go months in advance. I'm sure if Dos Santos landed the first solid shot the fight still would have turned out the same. And if Lauzon clipped Miller on the chin there is absolutely no chance he could have took his back and finish him. I mean it isn't like JDS started defending take downs again after he recovered a bit. Lauzon certainly wasn't doing any better in the 2nd half of the fight even with blood draining into his eyes.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.