UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Triangle Choke From Berimbolo

12/29/12 4:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IBTAPNU
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/29/12 4:58 PM

Davin shows a triangle choke from berimbolo.

12/29/12 5:18 PM
Jits_n_Hoez
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caralho. Thenks for thhat. Sweet move. Osss.
12/29/12 5:55 PM
IBTAPNU
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caaa-raaa-lhoooo, Thanks

12/29/12 6:16 PM
SavBjj
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smooth technique and impressive teaching.
12/29/12 7:13 PM
JLSteckley

Sub Phone Post
12/30/12 11:14 AM
H
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

very nice!
12/30/12 12:56 PM
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

freddies brother?

12/30/12 3:20 PM
IBTAPNU

Yup. Freddie's brother. 

Actually, not too many people know that the vids we do are a father son combo. How cool is that, huh.

12/30/12 3:57 PM
FlyingKnee_bar
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

looks cool but what jabroni is going for a belly down ankle lock there lol
12/30/12 4:42 PM
Fracture
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice! Phone Post
12/30/12 4:42 PM
joshjitsu

Edited: 12/30/12 4:45 PM
I'm sure I will get a few vote downs but this just seems a little far fetched.

Basically if I get caught with this, I will go home and kill myself.
12/30/12 4:45 PM
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joshjitsu - I'm sure I will get a few vote downs but this just seems a little far fetched.

4 n opinion ,why? your not trolling

12/30/12 4:47 PM

Edited: 12/30/12 4:53 PM
IBTAPNU - 

Yup. Freddie's brother. 

Actually, not too many people know that the vids we do are a father son combo. How cool is that, huh.

cool, did davin take time off,?he was a very good orange belt.

12/30/12 5:42 PM
IBTAPNU

At 16 Davin had to take a few years off. He kept injuring his shoulders during wrestling, to the point where they would dislocate every time he trained. Doctors wouldn't do the surgery until he was older. At 19 he had the surgery and has been on at tear since. 2012 he took second at the Pans adult light feather.
12/30/12 6:14 PM

thanks, that is tough injury to comeback from.i thought about him from time 2 time and glad to hear his doing well.

thanks 4 the info

12/31/12 12:21 AM
IBTAPNU

Edited: 12/31/12 2:30 AM
joshjitsu - I'm sure I will get a few vote downs but this just seems a little far fetched.

I trained directly under Professor Rodrigo Medeiros at the PB Academy (even before at the La Jolla location) for four solid years. Davin practically grew up on the mats there. One thing we learned training there with all the greats coming through the academy all the time is, everything has a time and a place.  Professor Medeiros instilled this concept into us all. In other words, if your eyes are open, you won"t be caught slippin'. You wanna close your eyes, that's entirely your preogative.

12/31/12 7:05 AM
Shemhazai
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's a really nice setup, and I don't think it looks super far-fetched to hit it vs. an opponent who does what the uke in the video does, but what leg configuration would the top guy realistically be pursuing when attempting that footlock? I mean, the position in which he is getting countered in this clip obviously isn't where he would be when trying to finish.

What I mean is that I can see him throwing his left leg over your left leg and hooking inside your right hip before going belly-down, which could make it very difficult for you to free your left leg to shoot the triangle.
12/31/12 7:11 AM
Shemhazai
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTW, I just wanna add that you have some of the coolest berimbolo/modern guard game vids on YouTube at the moment. I hope you keep putting out stuff like this.
12/31/12 7:44 AM
PayItForward
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IBTAPNU - 

I trained directly under Professor Rodrigo Medeiros at the PB Academy (even before at the La Jolla location) for four solid years. Davin practically grew up on the mats there. One thing we learned training there with all the greats coming through the academy all the time is, everything has a time and a place.  Professor Medeiros instilled this concept into us all. In other words, if your eyes are open, you won"t be caught slippin'. You wanna close your eyes, that's entirely your preogative.

don't mind joshjitsu. he's a super cunt.
12/31/12 12:02 PM
joshjitsu

PayItForward -
IBTAPNU - 

don't mind joshjitsu. he's a super cunt.
X's 4 Phone Post
12/31/12 8:31 PM
PayItForward
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol.. i like you man... i actually agree w/ you most of the time.
1/1/13 10:13 AM
deepu
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice. I've been loving all his vids.
1/1/13 10:22 AM
joshjitsu

PayItForward - lol.. i like you man... i actually agree w/ you most of the time.
I love you too BRO Phone Post
1/2/13 12:52 PM
RPBJJ
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love the love in this thread... that move. Not so much. Maybe Im too tall and old for the berumbolio stuff...
1/2/13 2:47 PM
IBTAPNU

Edited: 01/02/13 2:48 PM

I realize that the modern comp game is not for everyone and that a good sound basic foundation must be laid down first. However, this stuff exists and and most comp oriented schools are practicing these type of techniques. That being said, there is so much more to learn from the actual technique than the technique... if that makes sense. An example: when someone attempts a berimbolo and you see the leg come across your chest, be cautious about grabbing it. The triangle is potentially there.  You don"t have to "like", desire or be able to implement the tech to garner some valuable info from it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.