UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Triangle Choke From Berimbolo

1/2/13 5:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
joshjitsu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IBTAPNU - 

I realize that the modern comp game is not for everyone and that a good sound basic foundation must be laid down first. However, this stuff exists and and most comp oriented schools are practicing these type of techniques. That being said, there is so much more to learn from the actual technique than the technique... if that makes sense. An example: when someone attempts a berimbolo and you see the leg come across your chest, be cautious about grabbing it. The triangle is potentially there.  You don"t have to "like", desire or be able to implement the tech to garner some valuable info from it.

I am all about sport jiu jitsu, I just don't really mess with moves that I don't think would ever work at a high level. To each his own but I just don't see you catching anyone purple or above with this move, also I don't think anyone purple or above would grab a foot to ankle lock it if it's facing the wrong way for an ankle lock.
1/2/13 7:50 PM
Shemhazai
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is how you do the ankle lock from there:

http://youtu.be/f1TRll2uFWI
1/3/13 3:45 AM
LittleTony
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

You guys make really cool videos. If this thread turns into this technique is too difficult to hit on a high level guy, we must remember that we can hit anything when we can make a high level guy tired, confused and breakdown his mental gameness!

Moreover, if you are playing berimbolo, there are many little battles you will find yourself in: This is one of them.

One battle that is super common is when the opponent posting with his far hand on the mat. I tried very hard tonight to create a drill to condition the counter attack from the berimbolo; however, I was unsuccessful.

Good stuff fellas; keep up the good direction... and coming from Prof. Rodrigo Medeiros on the way up even better.

"little" Tony
Rodrigo Mederios Black Belt
BJJ Revolution Team
1/3/13 4:44 AM
IBTAPNU
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LittleTony - TTT

You guys make really cool videos. If this thread turns into this technique is too difficult to hit on a high level guy, we must remember that we can hit anything when we can make a high level guy tired, confused and breakdown his mental gameness!

Moreover, if you are playing berimbolo, there are many little battles you will find yourself in: This is one of them.

One battle that is super common is when the opponent posting with his far hand on the mat. I tried very hard tonight to create a drill to condition the counter attack from the berimbolo; however, I was unsuccessful.

Good stuff fellas; keep up the good direction... and coming from Prof. Rodrigo Medeiros on the way up even better.

"little" Tony
Rodrigo Mederios Black Belt
BJJ Revolution Team

Thanks "little" Tony, appreciate the kind words. 

Likewise on your stuff as well.

1/3/13 9:47 AM
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

little tony,do you remember davin.he was at the choked out surfer seminar you taught at randys 12 yrs ago

1/3/13 1:45 PM
Roryfappedonmyface
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice. Phone Post
1/3/13 3:21 PM
LittleTony
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@12- Yes I remember faces, but not forum screen names! The choked out surfer seminar many moons ago July 2002. Just want to point out that I taught x-guard sweeps and how to transition to the position. *Please note the date of the seminar-I referred to the position as the "neo-classic-leglock-position." Regis Lebre black belt under Royler Gracie & Saulo Riberio taught me x-guard positions in 2001, but there was no name for the position.

Marcello did not win ADCC until 2003 and coined the position the x-guard. Truth!!!
3/7/13 10:05 PM
DreamMMA
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT.

3/9/13 12:24 PM
FatBuddha
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is there anything that would prevent you from punching someone in the groin who is doing Berimbolo aside from rules?
3/9/13 1:19 PM
JESK
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ltr Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.