UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cain couldn't finish or JDS wouldn't let him?

12/30/12 1:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
livewirecs
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just seems like if Cain would have opened up in the early rounds he could have closed the show. Saying he's gonna "take it" in between the 4th and 5th and then going out and hugging was odd. Not hating, I'm just saying I think with more effort he could have stopped JDS. Phone Post
12/30/12 1:06 AM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thats the thing we all noticed watching the fight, if he would have opened up at certain points when he had JDS against the cage I think he could have finished him.

He would throw a punch and then clinch.

But it was a dominating performance by Cain.
gooddoc

even after the first round there was still a chance JDS could have tagged him, like Joe said the key to the fight was his patience.

PJ Benn Fan
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IMO think of guys like Cormier and overeem in Cains position after having Junior rocked.

I personally believe both guys would have finished Junior.

grafzep
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS would not let him
12/30/12 1:07 AM
unfallenstar

He was tired out too. Rogan was just ignoring that obvious fact.
12/30/12 1:07 AM
RLL
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - Thats the thing we all noticed watching the fight, if he would have opened up at certain points when he had JDS against the cage I think he could have finished him.

He was soooo tired Phone Post
12/30/12 1:08 AM
albinorhino
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He knew he had it.

If he would have knocked him out, fanboys would have screamed he just got caught.

This was a complete and absolute beat down. No need for a rematch, no doubt who the true champ is. Phone Post
12/30/12 1:13 AM
FreightTrain

Couldnt, too tired.
12/30/12 1:23 AM
Grouch
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I definitely feel he should have been able to finish him. He did the same thing with Kongo. I'm not sure what it is but he needs to go for the kill when his opponent is hurt. Dominating performance but it should have ended in the 1st Phone Post
12/30/12 1:52 AM
omlet de fromage

FatLoser -
Chris27 - Thats the thing we all noticed watching the fight, if he would have opened up at certain points when he had JDS against the cage I think he could have finished him.

Carwin, Lesnar, Overeem, Cormier, Barnett, Nelson, Werdum

all would have finished JDS in that situation.

Cain was fighting with his head, he feared a one punch riposte and so strung out the victory.

he should trust himself more.

The difference is that those guys wouldn't of has JDS in that situation. Phone Post
12/30/12 2:01 AM
kevsh
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sal Penis -  Its better to just prolong the beating. Makes Cain more dominant. No rematch needed. Phone Post

Cain fought smart, he respected Junior's punching power to not get over-anxious or push it. He also gassed a lot as the fight progressed.
12/30/12 2:10 AM
yellow's Overseer
337 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kevsh -
Sal Penis -  Its better to just prolong the beating. Makes Cain more dominant. No rematch needed. Phone Post

Cain fought smart, he respected Junior's punching power to not get over-anxious or push it. He also gassed a lot as the fight progressed.
This. And despite gassing badly, he kept going forward. Such a fantastic performance. Phone Post
12/30/12 2:20 AM
MasterofMartialArts
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FatLoser -
Chris27 - Thats the thing we all noticed watching the fight, if he would have opened up at certain points when he had JDS against the cage I think he could have finished him.

Cain was fighting with his head, he feared a one punch riposte and so strung out the victory.

I know. What a terrible mistake on Cain's part. I guess we are all forgetting the beating Cain dished out to a dazed, hurt, wobbly, exhausted and utterly destroyed JDS. What a fucking chin he has. Phone Post
12/30/12 2:20 AM
MasterofMartialArts
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow's Overseer -
kevsh -

This. And despite gassing badly, he kept going forward. Such a fantastic performance. Phone Post
Perfectly said Phone Post
12/30/12 2:24 AM
Jons Forsberg

Cain couldn't finish because JDS wouldn't let him

voilá.
12/30/12 2:26 AM
theshooter
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain was trying to finish him, JDS is just a really tough guy who is very difficult to finish.
12/30/12 2:33 AM
SOO72

Cain was tired, he's not a robot as much as he might appear at times. Nobody else had ever hurt JDS in all of his previous UFC fights, they were punching bags for him at best. No surprise he is that hard to finish.
12/30/12 2:41 AM
UGCTT_mousetrap
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - Thats the thing we all noticed watching the fight, if he would have opened up at certain points when he had JDS against the cage I think he could have finished him.

This Phone Post
12/30/12 3:07 AM
orcus

Yeah, everyone would have finished JDS except Cain...many of whom already fought JDS and couldn't even make him blink.

Cormier hurt a broken-handed Barnett and couldn't finish him, and Barnett has been KTFO more than once before.

12/30/12 3:36 AM
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He couldn't. Cain does not possess finishing explosiveness.
12/30/12 3:51 AM
supersaiyan

FatLoser - 

funny dude with a funny list lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.