UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 2012 Fighter Of The Year?

12/31/12 12:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
subwrassler
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can't see giving it to anderson for beating sonnen and bonnar.
Cain only fought twice, but he almost gets my vote.

but,Bendo for sure.

all of the guys who came to mind at first all lost recently:
Nate
Miller
J Lau
Boetsch
Belcher, etc.
12/31/12 1:20 AM
RKing85
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Hendricks victory over Fitch was a few days later, I would give it to him.

I would probably have to give it to Demetrious Johnson or Ronda Rousey. I can't bring myself to give it to Benson. I thought he lost 2 of his 3 fights this year.
12/31/12 1:21 AM
Mayhem13
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/31/12 1:21 AM

Matt Brown

Jessica Eye in 2nd

Bendo 3rd

12/31/12 2:07 AM
knuckleballs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BEN HENDERSON CLEARLY LOST TO FRANKIE EDGAR IN THEIR SECOND FIGHT. THAT FIGHT HAPPENED THIS YEAR. STOP SAYING BENSON HENDERSON.

Thank you.
12/31/12 11:24 AM
Mayhem13
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

knuckleballs - BEN HENDERSON CLEARLY LOST TO FRANKIE EDGAR IN THEIR SECOND FIGHT. THAT FIGHT HAPPENED THIS YEAR. STOP SAYING BENSON HENDERSON.

Thank you.
While I agree it was super close, Bendo won as far as records go. Can't hold that against him... Phone Post
12/31/12 11:25 AM
Lahzerous
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/31/12 11:27 AM
FreakDaddy
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Brown....4 and 0 in 2012, when he was being written off....Including wins over the Wonderboy and Mike Swick......
12/31/12 11:28 AM
bhealthy

JMM!
12/31/12 11:34 AM
Farewell Brock
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it has to be Hendricks, brown a strong second. Jlau for most exciting fighter of the year. Phone Post
12/31/12 12:08 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
3296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Camozzi ... 3-0 as an underdog in all 3 fights!

War Camozzi!!! Phone Post
12/31/12 12:10 PM
Infamous Ed

Lahzerous -

From cincy, huge Matt brown fan but bendo deserves it Phone Post
12/31/12 12:18 PM
FreakDaddy
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think Bendo deserves it.....You can argue he did not win at least one of those fights against Frankie......Just my Opinion.....Hendricks has a strong case, but as I posted earlier, my vote goes to Mr. Brown......
12/31/12 1:16 PM
liamthomas

Leonard Garcia Phone Post
12/31/12 6:01 PM
bhealthy

if pacqiao was the GOAT, then marquez
12/31/12 6:35 PM
Clive

Gotta be jones Phone Post
12/31/12 7:40 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory, Hendricks and benson
Not in that order, but those three for sure with Matt brown as a runner up with the one arm'd fighter guy going a hard undefeated still!

Rory came out if his shell and defined himself as this hipster whose going in for kills. He didn't finish Bj but he did show his growth and developing to his own character. He's a top guy who went 2-0 this past year, if he would've squeezed in another fight no doubt he might've won this thing.

Benson Henderson faught Edgar twice with one fight being more controversial then the other it's hard to me to believe that makes hi the fighter of the year. But e did dominate nick Diaz and opened the year off in Japan against Frankie. He's done really well can't blame if anyone posted him as number one FOT

Hendricks and weidman are both at this standstill where both are doing so well at their divisions so early taking out top guys, I can see why both could be considered. Hendricks ko's Fitch who was one of the most smartest fighters to walk across the octagon in 12 ish seconds and no ones even done that before! Then he gets a controversial decision over a tough koscheck an then ko's kampman just as fast!t Phone Post
12/31/12 7:48 PM
camozzi
779 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bendo.

Not his fault if people thought he lost. Either way he is the champ and more active than most of the fighters on the roster Phone Post
12/31/12 8:02 PM
FixedPartialArts

camozzi -  Bendo.

Not his fault if people thought he lost. Either way he is the champ and more active than most of the fighters on the roster Phone Post

What do you mean it's not his fault people thought he lost? People thought he lost, because he did less, on account of his ability or training, thus it's his fault. Not one media member who is sourced by MMA Minority Report scored that fight for Bendo. 7 for Frankie, and one draw. That's pretty definitive. He got 2 of 3 official judges, one of those being Dave Hagen, who is the worst in the sport if you look at his history. One bad, suspiciously discriminating scoring after another pretty much from that guy. I regard Bendo as having lost because I live in reality not in technicality. The flip side is I regard Frankie to have won that fight. In pretty much every competition there has to be a winner and loser. They both didn't win. Frankie won, in reality.

And with that said, I can't regard a fighter who lost in a calendar year as fighter of the year. Yes, winning 2 of 3, one dominant, in title fights, is an outstanding year, but not the best.

This was a really bad year for MMA in numerous departments, one of them being standout fighter of the year candidates. All the injuries and squash matches played a huge part in that.

As a result I'm forced to come up with a non obvious candidate for Fighter of the Year, that being.......Cub Swanson. 3-0, 3 (t)ko's, never trailed at any point in those fights, and beat solid comp for his class in Oliveira, Pearson, and Roop.
12/31/12 8:56 PM
RKing85
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain Velasquez making a late season push for fighter of the year.
12/31/12 9:28 PM
UGCTT_snsheehan

Only gonna consider UFC fighters cause I cant see enought of other fighters in Ireland.

Big Fan of Benson but imo clearly lost the 2nd fight against Frankie so not for me. Hendricks had 2 fights this year - one of which was a drab affair against Kos which he could have easily lost the decision.

Im gonna go with Stefan Struve - 3 fights and 3 impressive finishes
12/31/12 10:52 PM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lahzerous - 

12/31/12 11:02 PM
lurkingveteran
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

people getting mindmelded by quantity of fights...its about quality

Velasquez..smashed bigfoot(ok big deal) but destroyed jds (incredible...)

so question is did anyone top that...

Anderson..Sonnen and Bonnar..no chance

Hendricks...incredible murderers row but still not on Velasquez level

Benson..still not the nth level domination of Velasquez

Jones...maybe only one close but sp tainted by Sonnen dicktuck tough..

Conclusion: Velasquez clear winner Phone Post
12/31/12 11:05 PM
vaginal tear
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pancake Syrup - Lauzon. Record aside he has 2 FOTY candidates and is one of the most exciting fighters every year. But if we're talking record probably Benson Henderson
Got it w the first post. Phone Post
12/31/12 11:24 PM
Pessimist_Pete

Cain ? Phone Post
12/31/12 11:48 PM
RepsOne
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bob Sapp. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.