UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: "Fight one-sided no rubber match"

12/30/12 1:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShaqNoob - 1 minute actually. You saying that the rematch, which was not immediate, after tonight's result is one of the dumbest things I've read all year.

Well he's right, Cain only got this because Overeem tested positive.

Saying that someone who got KOed in 64 seconds then wins only one single fight (a win against someone coming off a brutal 1st round KO loss no less) has somehow "earned" a title shot, is just false. Cain got lucky Overeem screwed up, and that the HW division has no depth.

As for saying the rematch was deserved because of tonight's result, that's silly. Matchmakers aren't psychic.
12/30/12 1:56 AM
kevsh
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanTheWolfman - I agree with original post but not what Dana just said on FUEL....said everyone was asking for it right away and IDK

I got from the press conference that Dana said "not right now" but he certainly sees it in the future.
12/30/12 1:57 AM
gooddoc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If there is a mod that can change the title to "immediate rematch" rather than "rubber match" i'd appreciate it. My mistake guys.

12/30/12 1:58 AM
game78

Cain had to fight big foot he didn't get rematch right away. And junior should do same. Also overeem is next and I know UFC wants him to be next Phone Post
12/30/12 1:59 AM
TEX4N32
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barbasol - Cain had to fight his way back. Let JDS have a fight or two earn a shot. Right call. Phone Post
This Phone Post
12/30/12 2:00 AM
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willin - If injured knees = doing backflips during media workouts and backarches post fight then yea.. he was "injured." Love JDS but let's be real.

JDS got surgery after that fight. People talk about Cain having an injured knee, but he didn't get surgery. He was coming off shoulder surgery and a long layoff, but JDS is the one who got surgery after the fight due to an injury that occurred pre-fight.

I really don't think injuries had anything whatsoever to do with the first fight though. When JDS beats Cain, it will almost always be early on. And JDS does have a very good chance of "catching" Cain any time they fight.

After the first though it will be Cain overwhelming JDS the great majority of the time. But JDS by 1st round finish is always very possible, as well.
12/30/12 2:00 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

JDS was annihilated. Get over it. Phone Post
12/30/12 2:03 AM
32Hunter

Edited: 12/30/12 2:03 AM
yeah one fight for each then we'll see the rematch next new years.
12/30/12 2:04 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good. I nearly had a heart attack watching this one.
12/30/12 2:08 AM
diggity

Kingfanpaul -
theshooter - Oh that's bullshit, the first fight was one sided in favor of JDS and Cain got a rematch.

There needs to be a rubber match between these two at some point down the road.

While I mostly agree with you, there is a difference between a quick knockout and a 5 round beating.

Difference is, jds survived and wasn't finished. Cain went lights out. Love both guys and would love to see a rematch. The right hand in the first stole juniors wind for the entire fight... Phone Post
12/30/12 2:10 AM
C4mac
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If there isn't going to be an immediate rematch (I think there should be depending on how long recovery is for JDS) it would be nice to see Big Country get a shot. Roy Nelson with the strap is probably a recurring nightmare for Dana though so I'm not sure it will ever happen. Phone Post
12/30/12 2:24 AM
ShaqNoob
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanGold - With how bad Cain looked from the second round on, I think if Junior can sort himself out he'd win the rematch. Cain looked like shit, which speaks volumes as to how bad Junior was.

Anyway yeah, a win or two, let Reem and Werdum go first, then a rematch would be great.
Umm the guy with the tattoo is Cain. Sounds like you're confusing the two. Phone Post
12/30/12 2:24 AM
Gondul
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DaemonDragon -
ShaqNoob - 1 minute actually. You saying that the rematch, which was not immediate, after tonight's result is one of the dumbest things I've read all year.

Well he's right, Cain only got this because Overeem tested positive.

Saying that someone who got KOed in 64 seconds then wins only one single fight (a win against someone coming off a brutal 1st round KO loss no less) has somehow "earned" a title shot, is just false. Cain got lucky Overeem screwed up, and that the HW division has no depth.

As for saying the rematch was deserved because of tonight's result, that's silly. Matchmakers aren't psychic.
Cain fought Bigfoot on the night that JDS was supposed to fight overeem (Mir was the replacement). I think, by this point, Cain would have had another shot at the belt regardless. Although the HW division is starting to get a bit better, there are just too few guys worthy of the title shot. Phone Post
12/30/12 2:27 AM
SOO72

Let him fight one opponent and then get another shot, just like Cain did. Who else are they going to put in against Cain after the Reem fight? Who would make it a better fight than JDS?
12/30/12 2:28 AM
kingkoopa

Dfw wants the Mexican crowd. Cain gets quick rematch.

Dfw wants to keep the Mexican crowd so JDS doesn't get a quick rematch

Either way I hate quick rematches especially for titles Phone Post
12/30/12 2:30 AM
PJ Benn Fan
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not an immediate rematch but let Junior fight silva for a rematch.
I mean thats all cain had to do so it seems only fair. Phone Post
12/30/12 2:30 AM
UGCTT_mousetrap
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McLeod - Well, I agree I GUESS. That said, he hung in there and fought HARD for 5 rds after being basically decapitated in the 1st. He defended all takedowns up till then. He gassed as a result. The fight might've been different, so a rematch isn't a guaranteed replay.
But he should'nt have to fight more than once. Cain lost HARD in 1 minute and only fought once not against a top 5 guy and got a rematch. I say give JDS like a Struve and then rematch. That'd be the same.
If not, you REALLY gotta think they did want Cain as champ and don't want the rematch for other reasons.
This Phone Post
12/30/12 2:34 AM
Dr. Cheffa
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When's Overeem fighting? Phone Post
12/30/12 2:39 AM
Soul Gravy

Dana will do anything to get and maintain Cain as HW champion, as he thinks it's good business for the UFC.

Including engaging in what most would consider unethical behavior.

Giving Cain a rematch but not JDS is an example of this.
12/30/12 2:50 AM
BenStillerFaggot420

Nelson/JDS rematch is in order. Phone Post
12/30/12 2:53 AM
ausgepicht

Amazing how many people are confused by the very complex word "immediate."

12/30/12 3:14 AM
Fedoral Crime
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tonight proved that both of those guys are champions and probably the best HWs in the world.

I thought that fight was definitely getting stopped in the 2nd round. JDS not only survived the full 5 rounds but he came back strong in the last 2.

I'd like to see JDS fight Cormier or even Josh Barnett next. They'd be the best opponents to get him ready for a shot at Cain again. Phone Post
12/30/12 3:25 AM
CT81
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree that dos santos should have a couple fights. Put him in with a guy like Cormier so he can learn from and correct his mistakes he made in this fight. Also for those claiming this rematch is unjustified and that dos santos should get an immediate rematch, you're wrong. If Cain had come out and ko'ed him in a minute than yes, they should fight again to settle it. But when a guy gets systematically broken down for 5 rounds he needs some time to figure out what he did wrong Phone Post
12/30/12 3:26 AM
Rear Naked Chode
430 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Viva - 
Kingfanpaul - 
theshooter - Oh that's bullshit, the first fight was one sided in favor of JDS and Cain got a rematch.

There needs to be a rubber match between these two at some point down the road.

While I mostly agree with you, there is a difference between a quick knockout and a 5 round beating.

I love Cain. Dude is a beast and im really hay for him. What a great performance Cain had.l tonight. Very big win!

But not at all

When you are able to take your opoonent out of the fight in under a minute

Then you dominated him and never gave him a chance to get back into the fight

There have been opponents who have "dominated" over rounds, but then got taken out with a huge shot

Say what you want about that

But a fighter would much rather dominate in the first round, then "dominate" a decision while letting his oppoenent linger on every round, while having the chance to land a potential game changing blow at any time etc

A 3 round or 5 beating only happens when some one is not able to finish or when an opponent is hurt but has too much heart and too great of a chin to be put away

The first time Santos KO'd Cain . Its as dominant as a win can be

Tonight, Cain was focused and beat Santos ass

Just leave it at that

This guy gets it. How some of you guys can call the first fight a fluke is beyond me. Especially when that ko was set up so perfectly. Go ahead and ask you're striking coach how lucky of a ko that was.

With all that said, cain showed he is championship caliber and laid it down tonight.
12/30/12 3:33 AM
Brasky

Would make about as much sense as an immediate GSP/Serra rubber match would have.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.