UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Did Boetch really get tko'ed?

12/30/12 2:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Blazing Knees
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought the ending of the fight was kinda weird, I watched the replay of the stoppage a couple time in slo-mo and I saw a bunch of missed punches and stuff. What did I miss? Was it the cuts and eyepoke or exhaustion or tko?
12/30/12 2:30 AM
kostello

He really got TKO'd...

Unlucky night with the headbutt, hurt hand, eye poke and Kim Winslow.
12/30/12 3:04 AM
ausgepicht

Zombie girl bombed in this fight. The punches all landed on the forearms. She was imagining a lot of stuff in that fight. She imagined Tim was holding the fence when he wasn't and she warned him for punches to the back of Costa's head twice....while Tim had Costa in his guard. 

12/30/12 3:07 AM
Blazing Knees

So it wasn't just me
12/30/12 3:11 AM
ZombieAutoPilot
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She is terrible.. Terrible reffing... Phone Post
12/30/12 3:15 AM
radiobaby
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kostello - He really got TKO'd...

I don't remember, what did she do wrong?
12/30/12 3:19 AM
Koreanflash

Not sure (since I was watching Korean feed), but it seemed like his corner man was instructing Boetsch as if he was injured (either prior to the fight or going in.). Guess we will know the cause in a few days.
12/30/12 3:30 AM
Brozef
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seemed to be going Tim's way until Winslow stood them up, seemed like a really early stand up too. Momentum changed immediately after the stand up. Wasn't happy with the ref in this fight tbh
12/30/12 3:32 AM
BooZe

kostello - He really got TKO'd...

This... Phone Post
12/30/12 3:36 AM
Prikaza

That's what happens when you let them leave the kitchen. Phone Post
12/30/12 11:23 AM
Blazing Knees

I didn't understand the gameplan of going for the Td's. Am I wrong or is Tim primarily a stand up/banger?
12/30/12 11:29 AM
Cha0s008
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he started going for the takedowns because he hurt his hand in the 1st round. Phone Post
12/30/12 12:24 PM
Klownoh

Prikaza - That's what happens when you let them leave the kitchen. Phone Post
This Phone Post
12/30/12 2:20 PM
ScottishSkirtWearersTopTeam
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tim broke his hand, caught an accidental head-but and took an accidental eye poke.

Costa isn't a dirty fighter, Tim just got unlucky.

Tim couldn't punch properly, couldn't see right and had blood pouring down his face. Tim might have still been aware and conscious, but Costa got the TKO because Tim couldn't fight any more, personally I agreed with the stoppage. If the fight wasn't stopped Tim would have just got beaten up even more, he couldn't continue.

He was very unlucky. Tim is tough as nails and pretty much everything that could have went wrong for him went wrong. He'll be back. Phone Post
12/30/12 2:24 PM
lgi

Can someone explain exactly what Winslow did wrong during this fight?
12/30/12 2:31 PM
Kostakio
432 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cha0s008 - I think he started going for the takedowns because he hurt his hand in the 1st round. Phone Post
I think it was his will that was hurt because Philippou broke it. Phone Post
12/30/12 3:00 PM
jhedges
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Costa told his corner after the fight that Boetsch yelled "TAP!" at the end.
12/30/12 3:10 PM
heavyweightmma

ScottishSkirtWearersTopTeam -  Tim broke his hand, caught an accidental head-but and took an accidental eye poke.

Tim couldn't punch properly, couldn't see right and had blood pouring down his face. Tim might have still been aware and conscious, but Costa got the TKO because Tim couldn't fight any more, personally I agreed with the stoppage. If the fight wasn't stopped Tim would have just got beaten up even more, he couldn't continue.

He was very unlucky. Tim is tough as nails and pretty much everything that could have went wrong for him went wrong. He'll be back. Phone Post

Great post.
12/30/12 3:55 PM
likatiga
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stoppage was perfect. Winslow asked Tim multiple times to fight back and he didn't. So she stopped it. She saved him from further unnecessary damage.

She's fucked up before, but hating on her for this fight just shows ignorance. Phone Post
12/30/12 5:25 PM
radiobaby
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

likatiga -  Stoppage was perfect. Winslow asked Tim multiple times to fight back and he didn't. So she stopped it. She saved him from further unnecessary damage.

She's fucked up before, but hating on her for this fight just shows ignorance. Phone Post

Thats what I thought. I think she's gets a pretty good deal of undeserved criticism.
12/30/12 5:41 PM
quick
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tim is too proud to quit, but it was fairly obvious he was done when he started pulling guard. That is definitely a case where his corner should have stepped in for the best interest of their fighter, but then again that might be career suicide with Dana.
12/30/12 5:44 PM
the geek
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

likatiga - Stoppage was perfect. Winslow asked Tim multiple times to fight back and he didn't. So she stopped it. She saved him from further unnecessary damage.

Well said and I agree. Phone Post
12/30/12 6:30 PM
JetSetter

I'm glad Tim hasn't been like Weidman and saying that Anderson has been ducking him. Phone Post
12/30/12 6:33 PM
Blazing Knees

heavyweightmma - 
ScottishSkirtWearersTopTeam -  Tim broke his hand, caught an accidental head-but and took an accidental eye poke.

Great post.

He was not the same after the eye poke. He's a bleeder anyways, so I don't know if the blood was the biggest factor. I was thinking exuastion. The broke hand? That'll do it.

Well he was on a good run before he lost this one and he lost to a good fighter
12/30/12 6:35 PM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Perhaps a tad premature but he was getting beat down leading up to that too.

Also, he was pulling guard as a last option, he couldnt see well to gage the distance for his shoots.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.