UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana : Goldy out for a while, don't know when back

12/30/12 11:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dazednconfused
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dazednconfused -
FCFBlazer - Where is the vid from UFC 143? Phone Post
I remember this. Maybe search for Ariel Helwani Dana white interview UFC 143. Phone Post
It's actually the first one that comes up on YouTube if you search this Phone Post
12/30/12 11:45 PM
cheesesteak
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheFapMaster - 
cheesesteak - 
TheFapMaster - 
frontrowbrian - 
6ULDV8 - 
frontrowbrian - Talk is Goldie will not be welcomed back to the UFC.

If that's true then why?  He's been with them more than 15 years and I can't see them giving him the boot without a damn good reason.

I could see it being Goldie's choice to want to move on after doing it for so long, but can't see them wanting to get rid of him without a really, really good reason.

He said health comes first.  Does he mean the job was wearing on him too much?

It's not a contractual thing. It's not a 'I need time off' thing but it's something he deserves the right to talk about on his own terms. That's what the media outlets are waiting for even though details of the situation are pretty well known by now. I wish him the best. <p> And it's no coincidence, Dana seems so cold towards the situation which is why there's speculation Goldie would not be welcomed back and Anik would be the guy. That could change. Dana's opinion on things change often but Goldie has to do his part, too.

Reading between the lines, I am going to guess it's an addiction to Alcohol, cocaine, or prescription pills. If he were sick, or dealing with a divorce or something like that, Dana wouldn't have answered as cold as he did last night "he's taking some time off - next question".

Regarding Dana being pissed and not allowing him back...who knows. Maybe this is something that's been going on a while, and the UFC brass had encouraged him to address it long ago, and he never did (remember the 143 incident)?

what was the 143 incident?

Goldie running around with his shirt off, yelling "I'm naked", when Ariel was interviewing Dana. Seemed to really piss Dana off when it happened.

Honestly, that sounds like a cock moment. I've been through that shit and seeing him looking so shriveled lately...Perhaps it's a combo of being a coke head along with percocet addiction. i know he go back surgery last year and sometimes docs get really generous with those scripts and next thing you know a year later no more doctors scripts and you find yourself being heroin from a dealer as its cheaper than buying oxy's on the street.

I don't want to assume here, but it is appearing that way and I really hope Goldie beats this if thats what it is...I really hope not though...

Unfortunately, I've been through it...and have many friends who have too....I can easily recognize it...I Went form 210 lbs to 150 in 5 months...Everyone was like how did you do it...Wow i wish I could lose weight like that...and others like my family were all like, you may be dying you need to get to the hospital...
12/30/12 11:46 PM
cheesesteak
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ I meant coke moment...Not cock moment...
12/30/12 11:52 PM
Woodford Mike
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bwatermyfren - Goldie is the shit!!!!!!

Even though he's a bit mad and says stupid shit, and repeats himself he is part of the charm of the whole ufc experience IMO!!

Anik is probably better technically as a commentator and he was probably real nervous last nite, but for me he's too serious and straight edge for me. He doesn't have that edge needed that Goldie provides.IMHO

Big up Goldie Phone Post
Exactly how I feel. Well said. Phone Post
12/31/12 12:17 AM
TheMessiah
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

krim -
FCFBlazer -  Where is the vid from UFC 143? Phone Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KRUv3HVnHqk 4:20 :)
Someone posted on YouTube comments 10 months ago..

Mike Goldberg can't handle his cocaine!

Hope he gets well tho! Phone Post
12/31/12 12:20 AM
Mihow
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We want Goldie! Phone Post
12/31/12 12:22 AM
Hocky Balboa
10175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4:15

12/31/12 12:31 AM
demonbasketball04
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FRB says he knows what the situation is but won't reveal it? Bullshit. Phone Post
12/31/12 1:04 AM
OCMikelob
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Woodford Mike - 
Bwatermyfren - Goldie is the shit!!!!!!

Even though he's a bit mad and says stupid shit, and repeats himself he is part of the charm of the whole ufc experience IMO!!

Anik is probably better technically as a commentator and he was probably real nervous last nite, but for me he's too serious and straight edge for me. He doesn't have that edge needed that Goldie provides.IMHO

Big up Goldie Phone Post
Exactly how I feel. Well said. Phone Post

Agreed

12/31/12 2:11 AM
ChicagoTom
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wish him the best and hope he returns Phone Post
12/31/12 2:18 AM
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet you 99% of the people watching didnt even notice that wasnt Goldie
12/31/12 2:49 AM
subwrassler
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Dans - Goldie seems like a good guy

but im very happy to get a break from his shtick

BEEP!!!
12/31/12 2:57 AM
Megatherium
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But I thought The Shillinator 2000 was an indestructible machine?

Disappointing.
12/31/12 3:07 AM
GroundStPound

Hocky Balboa -

This is epic Phone Post
12/31/12 3:08 AM
91W209
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hocky Balboa -

Whoa. Not good man Phone Post
12/31/12 3:43 AM
madmav
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

must be about money.. anyways fuck you dana.. hehe.

12/31/12 3:56 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw Mauro sat with Dana at the end of the JLau/Frodo fight.
speculations anyone???
12/31/12 4:00 AM
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ufc98newb - 
BaronVonBeatdown - Quadros.

The Baron.

meh..I would rather see the sensei. nobody has better hindsight than the aikido master

LOL. I think they should let Julian Lane do some play by play.
12/31/12 4:20 AM
Ryan Black
564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's amazing how true the statement, "you never fully appreciate something 'till it's gone" really is.

Shame... I was looking forward to the dozens of threads surely quoting Goldie's gaffs...

He & his family will be in my prayers. Wishing Goldie all the best. Phone Post
12/31/12 4:22 AM
Jambo888
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

florian.

12/31/12 4:25 AM
Brice W
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PermitMeFisticuffsBrother - I saw Mauro sat with Dana at the end of the JLau/Frodo fight.
speculations anyone???

Possible. He's given shoutouts to the UFC several times already during this DREAM broadcast.
12/31/12 4:55 AM
IvanS61
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark It Zero - Straight up trade, Goldie for Jim Ross... Phone Post
This. Phone Post
12/31/12 5:26 AM

Brice W - 
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother - I saw Mauro sat with Dana at the end of the JLau/Frodo fight.
speculations anyone???

Possible. He's given shoutouts to the UFC several times already during this DREAM broadcast.

I've never been a fan of Mauro - I think he sounds like he's had too much red bull and pixie sticks.

I think that Goldie may have just taken xmas and new years off to be with his family, no drug OD/Sex addiction therapy/mind washing by aliens/speech therapy/or any other crazy notion.

Dana just didn't need to say anything about it that's why he gave a plain answer and didn't ellaborate on it.

although.......
12/31/12 6:46 AM
Mark It Zero
444 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL at the video!

"Whoa. That was weird. Mike Goldberg just ran through the back with his shirt off." Maybe it was DFWs tone or the look on his face, but that was golden. Phone Post
12/31/12 7:20 AM
NINERS76

It seemed the last time Goldy was on his eyes appeared glossy. Was wondering if he had been drinking. Maybe he has a couple issues that he needs to work on. Good luck and hurry back

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.