UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana : Goldy out for a while, don't know when back

12/31/12 6:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mark It Zero
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL at the video!

"Whoa. That was weird. Mike Goldberg just ran through the back with his shirt off." Maybe it was DFWs tone or the look on his face, but that was golden. Phone Post
12/31/12 7:20 AM
NINERS76
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It seemed the last time Goldy was on his eyes appeared glossy. Was wondering if he had been drinking. Maybe he has a couple issues that he needs to work on. Good luck and hurry back
12/31/12 7:44 AM
AK-BJJ

Mark It Zero -  LOL at the video!

"Whoa. That was weird. Mike Goldberg just ran through the back with his shirt off." Maybe it was DFWs tone or the look on his face, but that was golden. Phone Post

Yeah man I legit LMAO when I saw that... It's so damn random and Dana's pissy reaction is just fantastic
12/31/12 8:50 AM
EBM
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goldy is a play-by-play commentator and Rogan is a color commentator. The problem with bringing guys like Bas, Florian, Mir etc into the picture is that - you would have two play-by-play commentators. Obviously, bringing in Anik was the best available choice, they will likely roll with him for the beginning of 2013. However, I could definitely see them bringing in Mauro incase Anik doesn't end up working out..

Wasn't it rumored that Goldy had been battling a severe drinking problem (or was a recovering alcoholic)? If he relapsed, he's probably heading back to rehab (my guess). I'm sure he'll do an interview with Ariel soon.

12/31/12 8:58 AM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

Dude misses one event and in 7 pages the UG has him, ipponed by Rousey, strung out on coke & infested with AIds from a ladyboy....love this place, lol

12/31/12 9:09 AM
BENDOver and Take it Like a Diaz
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE -

Dude misses one event and in 7 pages the UG has him, ipponed by Rousey, strung out on coke & infested with AIds from a ladyboy....love this place, lol

Exactly. Absence truly doea make the heart grow fonder. Phone Post
12/31/12 9:10 AM
EBM
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^I think it moreso has to do with Dana's response to the situation - than him missing just one event.

12/31/12 9:51 AM
BeeTrain
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EBM -

^I think it moreso has to do with Dana's response to the situation - than him missing just one event.

. Phone Post
12/31/12 9:58 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He had to go to Hawaii and learn how to say Prajudee, Progidy, sorry.....Prodigy
12/31/12 9:58 AM
jaydub
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been a big Fan of Goldbergs for a long time. I hope he fixes whatever issues he has and makes a comeback.

Best of Luck to Goldie.
12/31/12 10:03 AM
Lahzerous
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

frontrowbrian - Talk is Goldie will not be welcomed back to the UFC.

Also this thread is fucking sad.

12/31/12 10:08 AM
whoabro

OCMikelob -
Woodford Mike - 
Bwatermyfren - Goldie is the shit!!!!!!

Even though he's a bit mad and says stupid shit, and repeats himself he is part of the charm of the whole ufc experience IMO!!

Anik is probably better technically as a commentator and he was probably real nervous last nite, but for me he's too serious and straight edge for me. He doesn't have that edge needed that Goldie provides.IMHO

Big up Goldie Phone Post
Exactly how I feel. Well said. Phone Post

Agreed

Cosigned Phone Post
12/31/12 10:38 AM
ghost842
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark It Zero - LOL at the video!

Dana's reaction was priceless. He was seriously disgusted. Lol Phone Post
12/31/12 10:54 AM
Barbalos

That video was really funny. You can hear him shout something. Hope all is well with him even if he isn't the greatest caster. LMAO
12/31/12 11:37 AM
KimboByGhettoplex
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PermitMeFisticuffsBrother - I saw Mauro sat with Dana at the end of the JLau/Frodo fight.
speculations anyone???

God I hope so. Mauro + Rogan is a match made in Heaven.

Both are very much on the ball at all points during a broadcast and additionally the chemistry I think would be fantastic, with Mauro being the quirky nerd & Rogan as the badass funnyman. Both are extreme professionals who work to devour as much information as they can on the sport & as a result are excellent time fillers. Mauro would just need to come up with a few more trademark lines.

Please let this mean something. Mauro is the best PBP man in MMA & Rogan is the only truly great commentator in all of the sport, and far and away the best color guy out there. Perfect match. Dana, if you read this thread, this is destiny.
12/31/12 12:21 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
1946 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forrest Spliffn - Bros. I keep saying it.
Goldie has a cocaine problem.
He was high as a kite at gsp. Phone Post
I obviously have no proof, but growing up with Coke everywhere and quite a few friends that got lost in it... I have always thought Goldie looked Jacked out of his mind... Bug eyes, jaw clenching, sweating...etc... As stated I have no proof and hope whatever he is going threw he makes it out the other side a healthier person and gets back to the Mic soon! Phone Post
12/31/12 12:26 PM
Zaph
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People calling for Bas need to understand the difference between play-by-play and colour commentary. Phone Post
12/31/12 12:27 PM
EBM

Mike "The Progidy" Goldberg

12/31/12 12:27 PM
EBM

Zaph -  People calling for Bas need to understand the difference between play-by-play and colour commentary. Phone Post

THIS

12/31/12 12:29 PM
kevsh
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KimboByGhettoplex - 
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother - I saw Mauro sat with Dana at the end of the JLau/Frodo fight.
speculations anyone???

God I hope so. Mauro + Rogan is a match made in Heaven.

Both are very much on the ball at all points during a broadcast and additionally the chemistry I think would be fantastic, with Mauro being the quirky nerd & Rogan as the badass funnyman. Both are extreme professionals who work to devour as much information as they can on the sport & as a result are excellent time fillers. Mauro would just need to come up with a few more trademark lines.

Please let this mean something. Mauro is the best PBP man in MMA & Rogan is the only truly great commentator in all of the sport, and far and away the best color guy out there. Perfect match. Dana, if you read this thread, this is destiny.

Oh please no. Mauro is like a crack addict on a caffeine fix. He did an MMA show on The Score in Canada and I swear my anxiety level shot through the roof watching him for a few minutes.

I don't doubt his background and knowledge, he's just way too high strung to listen to for a whole broadcast.
12/31/12 12:30 PM
Bat21
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RLL - 
BeeTrain - Miletich, joe and mauro Phone Post
Dear God No. Phone Post

I'd like to see it just once. It would either be the biggest train-wreck of a commentating crew that was ever put together, or it would be epicly stupidly funny, ending with Joe and Pat almost coming to blows with Mauro holding them apart.

12/31/12 12:39 PM
epwar
563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

juicer - 
BaronVonBeatdown - Quadros.

The Baron.
Lol Phone Post

LMAO!  This post needs more love!

12/31/12 12:46 PM
ranier wolfcastle
651 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zaph -  People calling for Bas need to understand the difference between play-by-play and colour commentary. Phone Post

play-by-play + colour commentary is a tired old formula

pride often had 2 or 3 "color" guys and no pro play by play guys.

2 "color" commentators would kick ass in the ufc.

rogan with bas, chael, quadros, frank shamrock, ect would be better than what we've had, imo

12/31/12 12:53 PM
Stea1th

I would love to see Mauro and Rogan.

Although Rogan and Bas would probably be the best IMO.
12/31/12 12:56 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
1946 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kenny and Militech would be tremendous Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.