UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana : Goldy out for a while, don't know when back

12/31/12 4:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dmoney35 - 
TeamRenzo4Life - Sorry but absolutely not. No way are you comparing Goldie and Rogan to Madden and Summerhall. Not on my watch.
There are 2 things that need to be changed for the UFC to be taking seriously as a sport.
Goldie's gotta go
Buffer's gotta be replaced with a real announcer. He's embarrassing. The only reason he got his job was because the owners of SEG thought having another Buffer announcer would lend legitimacy to a freak show.
you think the UFC needs to replace to announcers before it is considered a legit sport?

why would announcers ever matter for sports legitimacy?

dumbest thing I have seen on this site in 2 years Phone Post

Especially since before coming to the UFC Goldie was already an established hockey PBP guy, and I believe he did some basketball as well.

12/31/12 4:11 PM
Loadin76
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/31/12 4:14 PM
BENDOver 209 Top Team #2
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vril - 
ufc98newb - 
TeamRenzo4Life - Sorry but absolutely not. No way are you comparing Goldie and Rogan to Madden and Summerhall. Not on my watch.
There are 2 things that need to be changed for the UFC to be taking seriously as a sport.
Goldie's gotta go
Buffer's gotta be replaced with a real announcer. He's embarrassing. The only reason he got his job was because the owners of SEG thought having another Buffer announcer would lend legitimacy to a freak show.

how much did you ever watch madden and summerall? it is funny this was brought up, because people pretty much picked on them/complained the same way they do with Rogan/Goldberg now. Same stuff. Madden constantly talked about his favorites and made extremely obvious comments. Summerall was basically chased into retirement by fans and media saying he'd lost it

Rogan/Goldie >>>>>>> madden/summerall

on a differnt note, I wish Fox would bring back Caliendo and ditch that lame ass unfunny fuck Rob Riggle

12/31/12 4:16 PM
Sobercuban
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goldie is the perfect foil for Rogan, I really hope they don't mess with the formula
12/31/12 4:20 PM
ufc98newb
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

voteups for all Goldie support on this page!

12/31/12 4:38 PM
sux@bjj
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After watching the UFC for many years, Goldie has become a "comfortable" part of the broadcast / event.

Not to knock on the person whom "sat in" on Saturday (I'm not familiar with him), however it didn't feel (or sound) like the traditional UFC I've grown accustomed to. Perhaps I simply don't like "change" however I know that many people watching with the group I was with had similar thoughts. Replacing the intangible credibility of sorts that Goldie brought to a UFC broadcast will not be an easy task; I'm hopeful it's a Goldie decision and doesn't involve some sort of UFC shenanigans.

PS: I've never bashed Goldie, understanding the critics I enjoy(ed) his commentary overall.
12/31/12 4:44 PM
Beelze

Dmoney35 - 
TeamRenzo4Life - Sorry but absolutely not. No way are you comparing Goldie and Rogan to Madden and Summerhall. Not on my watch.
Goldie's gotta go
you think the UFC needs to replace to announcers before it is considered a legit sport?

Presentation unfortunately does contribute to a sport's legitimacy. You think the new opening as soon as the Fox deal was set in motion is a coincidence? Zuffa will continue to iron out what they believe is the kinks in the production value if it can push the product's appeal to the mass market.

Through our love for the sport, many of us have grown fond of the quirks along side it, the gladiator opening, the bring the pain theme song (though the song itself is actually terrible imo), Goldberg and Rogan etc etc. I myself have witnessed the look of bewilderment that strikes people's faces when they see it for the first time, over time it eventually does grow on them too, though as a business Zuffa must inspire confidence in the product as much as they deem necessary if it may increase the amount of viewers and thus profit.

Still, sucks though.
12/31/12 4:51 PM
TheSuperiorMan

Edited: 12/31/12 4:52 PM
Bring Goldie back... bring him back!!!!

"Chuck has that look in his eye"

No one else can do that like Goldie!!!
12/31/12 7:30 PM
TeamRenzo4Life

Beelze - 
Dmoney35 - 
Goldie's gotta go

Presentation unfortunately does contribute to a sport's legitimacy. You think the new opening as soon as the Fox deal was set in motion is a coincidence? Zuffa will continue to iron out what they believe is the kinks in the production value if it can push the product's appeal to the mass market.

Through our love for the sport, many of us have grown fond of the quirks along side it, the gladiator opening, the bring the pain theme song (though the song itself is actually terrible imo), Goldberg and Rogan etc etc. I myself have witnessed the look of bewilderment that strikes people's faces when they see it for the first time, over time it eventually does grow on them too, though as a business Zuffa must inspire confidence in the product as much as they deem necessary if it may increase the amount of viewers and thus profit.

Still, sucks though.

^^ This exactly.

Don't get me wrong I like Goldie too but you're all looking at it from the perspective of long term/hardcore fans. The reality is, Goldberg is making a good sum of money for repeating the same 8-10 phrases and sounding goofy beside Rogan. while Bruce Buffer is a swell guy...he just doesn't have that smooth announcer voice, the delivery, none of it. He basically yells. These are both things the UFC needs to leave behind.
Now I get that the UFC isn't and most likely won't ever be a considered a real sport unless the real #1 contender gets a shot at the belt before the #1 PPV draw and they do away with the cage and replace it with a more respectable and acceptable ring, but then that won't be the UFC anymore. IMO to grow, the UFC must shed itself of Goldie and have a proper announcer (hopefully an retired MMA fighter)brought in.
12/31/12 7:31 PM
TeamRenzo4Life

TheSuperiorMan - Bring Goldie back... bring him back!!!!

"Chuck has that look in his eye"

No one else can do that like Goldie!!!

Wouldn't it sound just as idiotic?
12/31/12 7:42 PM
Slevin Kalevra

Bas is the best, it would be awesome if it were him and Joe Phone Post
12/31/12 7:46 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What I really enjoyed was the relationship him and rogan had. I could tell he would aggravate rogan on some days, but it seemed as if they got along really well and would always have that awesome banter. Favorite is when a BIG fight was about to start and rogan and Goldie would be like "OooooooH I can't wait for this to start!" I can't picture Anik doing the same. Phone Post
12/31/12 8:20 PM
Choken Necks
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bring in Damion "the Dog" Perry. That guy was awesome in Pride. I think he and Rogan would mesh well.

12/31/12 8:35 PM
Dmoney35

TeamRenzo4Life -
Beelze - 
Dmoney35 - 
Goldie's gotta go

Still, sucks though.

^^ This exactly.

Don't get me wrong I like Goldie too but you're all looking at it from the perspective of long term/hardcore fans. The reality is, Goldberg is making a good sum of money for repeating the same 8-10 phrases and sounding goofy beside Rogan. while Bruce Buffer is a swell guy...he just doesn't have that smooth announcer voice, the delivery, none of it. He basically yells. These are both things the UFC needs to leave behind.
Now I get that the UFC isn't and most likely won't ever be a considered a real sport unless the real #1 contender gets a shot at the belt before the #1 PPV draw and they do away with the cage and replace it with a more respectable and acceptable ring, but then that won't be the UFC anymore. IMO to grow, the UFC must shed itself of Goldie and have a proper announcer (hopefully an retired MMA fighter)brought in.
first of all UFC is already considered a real sport and gets coverage from all major sporting outlets. espn, si, yahoo sports etc. and secondly your opinion of certain aspects of the UFC are just that. the cage is something unique to the ufc it's not ever going away, it's the most famous octagon ever. Mike Goldberg was part of the foundation of the UFC and his hard work helped many people get into the fights witch concise and friendly commentating. I am a huge sports fan and watch all kinds of sports and mike Goldberg for what he does is at the top of the class, he is very good at his job. If he doesn't return HE WILL HAVE ANOTHER COMMENTATING JOB IN A HEARTBEAT!!! he could step in to almost any major sport and do excellent.

main point is the UFC is already a legitimate established sport. your opinions of what you don't like are irrelevant because people like it. None of the issues you brought up are holding the UFC back.
injuries
friends fighting
steroids
fighter pay

^real issues Phone Post
12/31/12 8:36 PM
Dmoney35

KZTT_FawkingxD - What I really enjoyed was the relationship him and rogan had. I could tell he would aggravate rogan on some days, but it seemed as if they got along really well and would always have that awesome banter. Favorite is when a BIG fight was about to start and rogan and Goldie would be like "OooooooH I can't wait for this to start!" I can't picture Anik doing the same. Phone Post
their chemistry won't be matched hopefully Goldie comes back Phone Post
12/31/12 8:39 PM
The White Shadow

I hear they are negotiating and Goldie is holding out. Which would explain Dana's response. Phone Post
12/31/12 9:22 PM
AmblingAlp

KZTT_FawkingxD -  What I really enjoyed was the relationship him and rogan had. I could tell he would aggravate rogan on some days, but it seemed as if they got along really well and would always have that awesome banter. Favorite is when a BIG fight was about to start and rogan and Goldie would be like "OooooooH I can't wait for this to start!" I can't picture Anik doing the same. Phone Post

Give Anik 15 years and I bet he would. Don't be afraid of change.
1/1/13 2:27 PM
CindyO

The White Shadow -  I hear they are negotiating and Goldie is holding out. Which would explain Dana's response. Phone Post

*yawn* Pfft. Source or GTFO.

Cindy

1/1/13 2:34 PM
The White Shadow

Hi Cindy!

I take it you disagree?

- WS Phone Post
1/1/13 2:43 PM
UGCTT_sideshowsteve
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sux@bjj - After watching the UFC for many years, Goldie has become a "comfortable" part of the broadcast / event.

Not to knock on the person whom "sat in" on Saturday (I'm not familiar with him), however it didn't feel (or sound) like the traditional UFC I've grown accustomed to. Perhaps I simply don't like "change" however I know that many people watching with the group I was with had similar thoughts. Replacing the intangible credibility of sorts that Goldie brought to a UFC broadcast will not be an easy task; I'm hopeful it's a Goldie decision and doesn't involve some sort of UFC shenanigans.

PS: I've never bashed Goldie, understanding the critics I enjoy(ed) his commentary overall.

good post
1/1/13 2:49 PM
Prepare2Die

Ttt Phone Post
1/1/13 2:59 PM
TeamRenzo4Life

lol@ "ANOTHER BROADCASTING JOB IN A HEARTBEAT"

maybe the midget pro-wrestling league, where Joe can jump up from the announcer seat with his hands on his face McCauly Culkin-style yelling "OH....MY....GOD1' As The Lil' American Patriot body slams Mini Saddam the Dictator through the broadcast table.
1/1/13 3:06 PM
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TeamRenzo4Life - lol@ "ANOTHER BROADCASTING JOB IN A HEARTBEAT"

maybe the midget pro-wrestling league, where Joe can jump up from the announcer seat with his hands on his face McCauly Culkin-style yelling "OH....MY....GOD1' As The Lil' American Patriot body slams Mini Saddam the Dictator through the broadcast table.
Pretty sure Goldy already has multiple other commentating gigs, primarily in hockey. So stop talking shit about things you're unaware of Phone Post
1/1/13 3:08 PM
MountainMedic
530 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ -
TeamRenzo4Life - lol@ "ANOTHER BROADCASTING JOB IN A HEARTBEAT"

Pretty sure Goldy already has multiple other commentating gigs, primarily in hockey. So stop talking shit about things you're unaware of Phone Post
Exactly. The is ALWAYS working. UFC is just one of his gigs. Phone Post
1/1/13 3:33 PM
Vulva Fabulous
724 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheesesteak -
Crw -  Didn't Joe mention on a recent pod cast one of his good friends was addicted to prescription drugs ? He mentioned it had started to change his personality . Hopefully it's not Goldie . Phone Post

Shit man, I 've never considered that. But I know from personal experience that being heavily addicted to that shit will make you loose a shit ton weight and not in a healthy way...Goldie has seemed to have that kind of look in his eyes lately too. Any heavy opiate addict and or people around then will know it when they see it...I swear there have been times when it look like Goldie was about to take a nod... again, the eyes of an opiate addict...The way he talks lately...and definitely that shriveled appearance that he has..

Wow, I never really thought of this before...but perhaps, he is now in a detox program....Withdrawing from opiates is a long and dreadful thing... If this is the case i hope for the best....We would know because whrn he is back, you will notice he filled out again (not all shrively and dopey looking) and has that natural happy glow and smile.
That's odd to hear that you are only now noticing that after the conversations you and I have had on multiple occasions on the OG concerning our difficulties with opiate addiction. I simply assumed you might have picked up on certain tell tale clues that most opiate addicts do without knowing.

I know that personally it's something I mentioned to my girl a little while ago as I can genuinely pick up on the subtle clues that an opiate addict will show that somebody that never had to go through it themselves or with a loved one might not know. While I have been vocal on here as to not jump to that particular conclusion because while it's all just innocent speculation coming from 99% of us because we are genuinely worried for him and only want to know how difficult of a road that he has ahead of him as far as to what type of a problem (health or otherwise), it's dangerous when the 1% might read our innocent posts and because they are too young or simply pieces of shit, they might start to post stuff on Twitter or shit like that and a tough rumor to come out from under becomes viral.

But to be clear, while I've noticed the signs and thought about that as being the problem, I pray I'm wrong. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.