UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Did Cain set up a blue print to beat A. Silva?

12/30/12 12:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MyUnclesCreepy
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What do u guys think? It was a perfect mix of striking and wrestling and that may be just the way to top silva. I know chael wrestled the shit out of him but If Someone at MW could use that game plan it could work. Possibly. His wrestling threw off a pinpoint striker in JDS but his striking was just as good. Is it doable? Or is Anderson just a beast?

What ya think UG Phone Post
12/30/12 12:45 PM
Herbish1
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's what Weidman will do if he gets his chance.
12/30/12 12:52 PM
Entreri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson is the greatest striker in MMA, so it will take more, but it can be done.
12/30/12 12:58 PM
MyUnclesCreepy
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Snake28 -
Herbish1 - It's what Weidman will do if he gets his chance.
This right here. It has been said before and yes weidman will make it look just as easy. Phone Post
I wonder if Weidman really is the guy to beat silva? I'd like to see just a little more from him but I won't rule him out as the dethroner of the King Phone Post
12/30/12 12:58 PM
6ULDV8
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2110325&page=1

12/30/12 12:59 PM
VictorG

Weidman is the top contender and would mix things up just as nicely as Cain did. Phone Post
12/30/12 1:01 PM
Metafour

I think the only way anyone will be able to beat Anderson is to pressure him, not allow him to plant his feet and smother him.

Much easier said than done due to his great footwork, striking and clinching.

Strong wrestlers have always given him the hardest fights in the UFC. Dan Henderson was able to win one round against him and Chael controlled him for pretty much five rounds in the first fight and one round in the second fight.

Weidman has a decent shot. GSP and Jon Jones have an even better chances because they are stellar wrestlers. Phone Post
12/30/12 1:08 PM
Brian Rule
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Although Junior is better at getting up from takedowns Anderson has much better boxing and evasive movement than Junior. Plus his clinch game (knees, elbows) is far more deadly than what zombie Junior could muster. Chael literally 'laid' out the blueprint to beat Anderson in their first fight: Takedown > LnP. Also didn't hurt that Chael was juiced to the gills and Anderson coming in with a major injury
12/30/12 1:08 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are u serious?! Silva has shown incredible tdd since the first Sonnen fight. He is also the best counter striker in the ufc. I have seen NOTHING from Weidman that shows me he can beat Silva.....oh I see...u think Munõz is a good indicator for it.......NO!!
Sorry, Silva is on some next level Matrix type shit. The only man imo who stands a chance is JBJ. IF Weidman gets a shot, it wont be any different than the other 16 ufc fighters who just knew they had the tools to beat the GOAT. Phone Post
12/30/12 1:19 PM
Gokudamus stole my name
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson is a counter puncher. That means he can KO you while moving backwards. He wants you to move forward in agressive fashion, thats why he tries to draw you in with the showboating.

Chael had the perfect style to outwrestle him, he had insane cardio, a great chin and was a southpaw like Andy so he could go for blast doubles, orthodox fighters are stuck chasing single legs wich Silva is fairly good at defending.

Maybe Weidman can beat him i dunno, havent seen enough of him. But chasing down the most accurate counter puncher in the sport doesnt seem so smart imo
12/30/12 1:26 PM
C Riv

I thought the same thing. the blueprint is to blitz him and throw him off his gameplan. not give him space to be comfortable. Phone Post
12/30/12 1:33 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gokudamus stole my name - Anderson is a counter puncher. That means he can KO you while moving backwards. He wants you to move forward in agressive fashion, thats why he tries to draw you in with the showboating.

Chael had the perfect style to outwrestle him, he had insane cardio, a great chin and was a southpaw like Andy so he could go for blast doubles, orthodox fighters are stuck chasing single legs wich Silva is fairly good at defending.

Maybe Weidman can beat him i dunno, havent seen enough of him. But chasing down the most accurate counter puncher in the sport doesnt seem so smart imo
Yup Phone Post
12/30/12 1:34 PM
MyUnclesCreepy

6ULDV8 -

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2110325&page=1

I think this is not the blueprint to beat jones. My guess is jones will lose ala fedor and get subbed at some point. I don't think anyone at light heavy will be able to do to bones what Cain did to JDS Phone Post
12/30/12 1:39 PM
mikemalc
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I actually think it will actually end up being a strategy Edgar will try and employ against Aldo. Looking to back him up and get takedowns and set a pace early. Not saying that it's the blueprint to beat Aldo but his cardio has never been exceptional and Edgar could certainly test that. Obviously aldo has a much more diverse striking game in terms of kicks that what junior did but Edgar has an excellent transitional game that could cause Aldo some problems. In terms of Anderson silva, Weidman has the best chance to implement that kind of a strategy against him imo Phone Post
12/30/12 1:40 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1060 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i do think everyone should mix striking with takedowns/fakes so well the opponent never knows whats coming

12/30/12 1:56 PM
Kimbos Lice
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love how quickly this thread turned to a Weidman/Silva thread. Phone Post
12/30/12 2:03 PM
trianglezilla

MyUnclesCreepy -
Snake28 -
This right here. It has been said before and yes weidman will make it look just as easy. Phone Post
I wonder if Weidman really is the guy to beat silva? I'd like to see just a little more from him but I won't rule him out as the dethroner of the King Phone Post
Agree 1 more high calibre for Weidman hopefully a standup Vitor esque test Bisping has bounced around at the top way longer and for me Vitor is the MW gatekeeper. Phone Post
12/31/12 2:19 AM
Herbish1
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_nightkap -
Are u serious?! Silva has shown incredible tdd since the first Sonnen fight. He is also the best counter striker in the ufc. I have seen NOTHING from Weidman that shows me he can beat Silva.....oh I see...u think Munõz is a good indicator for it.......NO!!
Sorry, Silva is on some next level Matrix type shit. The only man imo who stands a chance is JBJ. IF Weidman gets a shot, it wont be any different than the other 16 ufc fighters who just knew they had the tools to beat the GOAT. Phone Post
I didn't say he'd win, you misunderstood. But it will be the strategy he uses. Weidman is very well rounded and he's pretty big. I think he's the only MW threat. Bisping is good but I don't see him coming close. GSP and JBJ are among top 3 w silva so yeah they have a great chance to win but neither are MW. Phone Post
12/31/12 3:30 AM
HighVoltage
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think sonnen wrote a better blueprint to beat anderson. just going to take a better finisher to complete the blueprint. Grinding an opponent out and beating them up for a whole fight is a for sure a good blue print. Not since Mat Hughes have we seen a fighter of that of ground n pound finish their fights. There are a lot of wrestlers who dominate this sport with that of relentless pressure and ground n pound attack but not very many of them are finishers just like cain last night.

Guida
Edgar
Okami
Fitch
maynard

Just to mention a few. All are complete bad-asses and beat the shit out of their opponents but lack the finishing power with that of grinding out wins.

(Please note that I do not put Cain in that class of non finishers. I just dont understand why he did not get the finish last night, It looked as if he shoulda finished, but its easy to armchair quarterback from my computer instead of getting in there and executing with the likes of those highly skilled bad ass men)

*plz dont frag me Its just an observation about the blueprint to beat Anderson nothing more. and I have nothing but respect for all fighters mentioned and their
12/31/12 11:18 AM
bhealthy

No OP, cain did not set up a blueprint for anything. He dominated a great mma player.
ufc-brand fans fave been clamouring for a silva loss for so long that the blueprint consists of just surviving. anyone who survives till the final bell against anderson will be given a gift decision to appease the beta-male ufc-brand fanbase.
12/31/12 11:28 AM
eljamaiquino

Weidman isnt a southpaw, and Anderson will ko you going backwards, so No... Phone Post
12/31/12 11:46 AM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Snake28 -
Lol, he is going to make it look easy? Are you new to MMA? Phone Post
12/31/12 11:48 AM
kevsh
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Once Anderson finds his range it's all over but the crying.

Many fighters have known this but once they get in there and stare across the octagon at the greatest, I think the game plan just kind of falls apart.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.