UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> There is something in the WATER in AZ!

12/31/12 4:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epic hero -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
epic hero -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Shortkick - Matt Lucas, Frank Trigg ( he went to college for two years at PCC) Phone Post
Trigg went to pima? Phone Post

I go to Pima now and I've never heard about that. I've heard that Efrain Escudero, Drew Fickett, Jamie Varner, and Geroge Roop have all attended Pima at some point.
Lol, me too. Phone Post

lol. You go to the Northwest campus?
I think I'm going to be this semester Phone Post
12/31/12 4:48 PM
epic hero
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Freshman?
12/31/12 4:51 PM
jon b
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trained at hb ultimate and extreme couture and az combat smokes them both, also az girls are better looking them SoCal by a very small margin Phone Post
12/31/12 8:59 PM
UGCTT_BlahBreh
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epic hero - 
mmavixen - 
UGCTT_BlahBreh - 
epic hero - 
demcat - 
UGCTT_BlahBreh - Califonia:

Tito Ortiz
Chuck Liddell
Ronda Rousey
Diaz brothers
Jake shields
Ian McCall
Gil Melendez
Brandon Vera
Antonio Banuelos
Glover Texiera *Pit North*
Rob McCullough
Chris Cammozi
Mac Danzig
Cub Swanson
Urijah Faber
Joseph Benevadez
Mayhem Miller
Mark Munoz
Jake Ellenberger

I know you say dominick cruz, and ya hes from tuscon but he got most his training in San Diego, CA. out of alliance Where he currently has his own gym so i think hes drinking the CA water, much like Rafael Cordero who trains in HB, CA. and hes got guys like werdum, anderson silva, wand, babalu, allllll drinking his CA water that hes picked up on since hes opened his gym here in OC.

I think the CA water is a lot tastier.
What he said.... We also got the beach and hotter chicks Phone Post

When I lived in Florida I lived 5 minutes from the beach...it gets old after a while anyway. Plus the part about the chicks is debatable.

Dude florida sucks, humid as shit, nothing like OC, and chicks is def. not debatable i just got back from florida and didnt see any.

walk down to laguna beach in orange county and its impossible not to see at least 20.

Completely disagree.  Miami has gorgeous women.

Didn't you guys stay In Broward?

I've lived in both Broward and Miami and Miami definitely has good looking girls, white and Latino specifically. I don't know why they're so worried about the girls they have no chance with them anyway. They just stare at them from the sidelines.

Sidelines? Actually i GAVE mmavixen free stuff when i was in florida.. i sat front row on the girls and the event and ill still tell you florida sucks balls.

nice try though
12/31/12 9:02 PM
UGCTT_BlahBreh
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jon b -  Trained at hb ultimate and extreme couture and az combat smokes them both, also az girls are better looking them SoCal by a very small margin Phone Post

lol at HB ultimate, compare AZ combat sports too Kings MMA in OC, not even close, i went in there one time in my life and werdum, wand, cordeiro, anderson, and a buncha other guys were sparring. i went in to watch and it very entertaining.

and the girls in HB are fuckin ridiculous so i think we can agree to disagree or the girls part.
1/1/13 3:51 AM
hypoxia

Cali has beaches and palm trees and movie stars and shit: more money making opportunities than the hot ass, barren, broke ass desert.
Yet we STAY representing. And all out of state AZ fighters are happy they train here. Their hometown fans should be more grateful for the elite training they're receiving.
1/1/13 4:03 AM
Purgey
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PayItForward - congrats guys... you took a feel good thread and turned it into a non-issue pissing contest.
Those guys aren't actually from Arizona which is what OP implies, that's like Bisping being an American fighter since he trains here now. Phone Post
1/1/13 4:30 AM
Judge Mental
673 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AZ also has to give props to guys like Roland Sarria (current promoter of RITC), Gino Lucadamo (co-founder of RITC, Exteme Cage with Steve Farnworth) )and for starting MMA in AZ back in 97/98. Rage in the Cage and Extreme Cage.

Many good fighters came out of those shows. Not to mention the guys around back then, Mark Kerr, Homer Moore, Rico Rodriquez, Mike Van Ardssale, Dan Severn, A Dog, Zane Frazier. All those dudes were Pioneers in AZ from what I know and I'm quite an MMA historian and followed it since 92. Phone Post
1/1/13 4:43 AM
UGCTT_BlahBreh

AresSmashedPrahjuhdee - Cain was born in California and trains in California.

the question is, what water is he drinking??????????
1/1/13 11:36 AM
Dawkins

Be honest Mr Lally. The water in AZ taste terrible. Not as bad as Vegas though.
1/1/13 1:02 PM
joesonshuevos
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Az- where you change shower heads 4 times annually. I have learned to buy in quantity.

Also, what is this that Mr Riggs was born in Maine? Just when you think you know a guy.

1/1/13 4:49 PM
Shortkick
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judge Mental - AZ also has to give props to guys like Roland Sarria (current promoter of RITC), Gino Lucadamo (co-founder of RITC, Exteme Cage with Steve Farnworth) )and for starting MMA in AZ back in 97/98. Rage in the Cage and Extreme Cage.

Many good fighters came out of those shows. Not to mention the guys around back then, Mark Kerr, Homer Moore, Rico Rodriquez, Mike Van Ardssale, Dan Severn, A Dog, Zane Frazier. All those dudes were Pioneers in AZ from what I know and I'm quite an MMA historian and followed it since 92. Phone Post
Great Post.. A Dog, wow.. Taking people back! Lol Phone Post
1/1/13 4:54 PM
joesonshuevos
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As for the spelling, Todd, it's my favourite part of your threads :)

1/1/13 5:12 PM
ajl416az

Judge Mental -  AZ also has to give props to guys like Roland Sarria (current promoter of RITC), Gino Lucadamo (co-founder of RITC, Exteme Cage with Steve Farnworth) )and for starting MMA in AZ back in 97/98. Rage in the Cage and Extreme Cage.

they were there in the beginning, but where were they when it came time to get it legal?

(http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2008/05/guest-column-jamie-varner-on-the-real-story-of-mma-regulation-in-arizona)

i dont support Rage and their bush league promotion and business practices that ensures that they stay bush league.
1/1/13 7:47 PM
hypoxia

Cain, just like Cruz are California born fighters that learned how to wrestle in Arizona, I think Cruz called it "Tucson made". Your welcome...
Cain comes from a wrestling program that was started by my old high school's (exiled) wrestling coach in lil 'ol Tucson...
As a matter of fact, ASU's former wrestling coach (the one who trained Velazquez, Bader and Dollaway), was ALSO from that same school in Tucson.
Me, I'm from Phoenix and proud. This state doesn't have to be recognized by a forum to stand out internationally.
1/1/13 7:49 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epic hero - Freshman?
Yes but I waited a while to start and then to figure out what to do lol. Phone Post
1/1/13 8:03 PM
Judge Mental
673 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ajl416az - 
Judge Mental -  AZ also has to give props to guys like Roland Sarria (current promoter of RITC), Gino Lucadamo (co-founder of RITC, Exteme Cage with Steve Farnworth) )and for starting MMA in AZ back in 97/98. Rage in the Cage and Extreme Cage.

they were there in the beginning, but where were they when it came time to get it legal?

(http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2008/05/guest-column-jamie-varner-on-the-real-story-of-mma-regulation-in-arizona)

i dont support Rage and their bush league promotion and business practices that ensures that they stay bush league.

That entire article is bullshit. Jamie Varner is extremely biased and didn't even come around until AFTER AZ had established a pretty good MMA scene. The groundwork had been laid for those perhaps a little more lawyered up came in to get something more put onto paper but as a former MMA historian and Sherdog writer, I can tell you MMA in AZ has been working on being established well before Jamie Varner was ever thinking about stepping on the scene. Truth be told he was probably in middle School.

1/2/13 11:37 AM
ajl416az

Edited: 01/02/13 11:42 AM
i'm not saying that Rage didn't play an important stage for AZ MMA in the beginning

but i can say that they still run shit like when MMA was in its infancy.
i.e. not blacklisting guys who bail out on fights, not having contracts for important fights, etc.

so they have an important part in history, which has had a positive effect on me personally by having a more established community to be involved in.
but im still gonna hate on them a little for that other shit
1/2/13 11:47 AM
kgastelum928
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You forgot to add Edgar Garcia. I know he was born in Mexico but was raised in Yuma and began his career here.
1/2/13 12:11 PM
MMAjustice

Whatever is in the water in Arizona, there is twice as much of it in the water of Brazil.
1/2/13 12:11 PM
MMAjustice

Whatever is in the water in Arizona, there is twice as much of it in the water of Brazil.
1/2/13 12:19 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

MMAjustice - Whatever is in the water in Arizona, there is twice as much of it in the water of Brazil.
And I thought comparing 2 cities in Arizona to the entire state of California was bad :) Phone Post
1/2/13 12:37 PM
SamboSlim187

Who gives a fuck.. Seriously. Phone Post
1/3/13 8:58 AM
hypoxia

I have to add Master Judoka Steve Owen's influence on the scene also. He made Don Frye. One can not say enough of this incredible teacher. Look him up he gets crazy props and is an at least two time masters champion.
Former TUF contestant Joey Rivera comes from his school and is a sick, no gi grappling(and all around MMA) instructor in his own right.
So, big ups to Tucson Judo as well.
1/3/13 9:03 AM
rodhicks
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't forget about the ladies. Jodi Arias is hot and a killer! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.