UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Soundtrack stuff

12/30/12 1:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jman
534 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/30/12 1:42 PM

Been a bit busy with stuff. Here's a short film I did the music for. Used Vienna Symphonic Library for the instrument sounds (my god they sound amazing). I've been loving doing the film music stuff. I have another one, but the video isn't ready yet. I'll post it later when it's ready with subtitles and stuff.

A story of a 94 year old artist Liu Yu from China, who studied in Japan, been through wars, came to Taiwan and went through the white terror era. It is about his life and his art.

12/30/12 2:17 PM
Ali
666 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/30/12 2:19 PM
Wow, I was wondering where you wuz... you're right, the library instrument sounds are AMAZING. Sounds like you have an orchestra and rehearsed them.

I don't understand Chinese, sadly, but I like the music a lot where there are gaps in the talking. And sometimes the "sound effect" of ambient sound coming back in, traffic or whatever, before the talking.

The paintings look incredible, too.

So cool you're getting commissioned to do music. (I hope you got paid a lot!)

(On another topic, on the OG there's an "AMAZING guitarists" thread. I just posted some of the sickest classical stuff ever -- a few things that weren't on youtube last time I checked them out. Some Kazuhito Yamashita, who will take your head off. And... after a few decades, finally a couple of people are picking up on what he was doing. Jorge Caballero is another. Chops, sick, but also really musical classical guys).
12/30/12 10:00 PM
jman
534 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool thanks.

I'll check out the classical stuff in a bit. Busy day today, but should have more time starting tomorrow, thanks.
1/3/13 3:44 PM
hugomma
900 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for when I have a computer at home that works.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.