UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> "If the UFC game was like Skyrim" Thread

12/30/12 2:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rIKmAN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I recently found the thread on the UG forum (from october), and have just added my thoughts to it but I think it may get buried on the UG, especially with UFC 155 just happening.

The thread is here if you want to check it out.

The reason for this post is that I am considering the idea of building a prototype of what is being talked about, and would like input from you guys as to whether it is worth investing time into, and whether anyone would want to play it.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

12/30/12 4:11 PM
whitfield1234
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YES PLEASE DO IT Phone Post
12/30/12 7:38 PM
Sofa King Cool
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for later. Phone Post
12/30/12 8:21 PM
DreamerMMA
532 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator

That's a great idea OP.

Feel free to talk about it on my thread.  I don't consider it a hijack at all and as a mod I can move it to the Gamer Ground for storage later on when it's run it's course.

I would for sure play this game and would be more than happy to help with ideas.

12/31/12 2:13 AM
supersaiyan

do it man !!:)
12/31/12 2:18 AM
Adam588
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Problem is striking the balance between fun and tedious. Problem I have with all these mma games are how repetitive they are in leveling your character . Phone Post
12/31/12 10:51 AM
1st Round Armbar
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ye levelling your character got boring, I liked the way EA MMA did it, once you mastered a training game, you didn't have to replay it over and over, you just chose it and would get the points automatically
1/1/13 11:31 PM
GOREILLAMAN
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds interdasting OP. Do it!
1/1/13 11:47 PM
PrettyCoolGuy
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought you meant roaming the wilderness taking out wild bears and demon spawn with our bjj. I'm a little disappointed in that thread :(

But ttt, the rpg levelling concept is great.
1/1/13 11:56 PM
LyotoBundy
314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd fuck the shit out of that game Phone Post
1/2/13 8:18 AM
UGCTT_OBEY
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please make this game
PLEASEEEEEEEE Phone Post
1/2/13 9:05 AM
ScottishSkirtWearersTopTeam
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Make it OP! Make it now!

Please... Phone Post
1/2/13 3:30 PM
T Sauce
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would definitely play. Phone Post
1/2/13 5:21 PM
NeverBackDown

I have 100% confidence that the OP will be able to make this game and release it.
1/3/13 4:21 PM
rIKmAN

Would mods/admin/kirik have a problem with me setting up a forum so this can be discussed in more detail by anyone interested.

It would be solely for the purpose of discussing the game idea, but I don't want it to look like I'm taking traffic from the UG. Phone Post
1/3/13 6:41 PM
Barbalos

Are you kidding rlKman? Try to start a competing forum and Kirik will squash you like a bug!
1/3/13 7:18 PM
NeverBackDown

I'm sure Kirk will be devastated by the downturn in hits caused by this breakaway behemoth.
1/3/13 7:22 PM
rIKmAN

lol, yeah I know right, but it doesn't hurt to be polite. Phone Post
1/4/13 6:21 AM
DreamerMMA
532 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rIKmAN -  lol, yeah I know right, but it doesn't hurt to be polite. Phone Post

I really doubt anyone would care if you made a seperate website/forum for this game idea. 

It would be cool if you kept us updated on this forum as well though.

1/11/13 10:08 AM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DreamerMMA -
rIKmAN -  lol, yeah I know right, but it doesn't hurt to be polite. Phone Post

I really doubt anyone would care if you made a seperate website/forum for this game idea. 

It would be cool if you kept us updated on this forum as well though.

This. Also, this is a super basic concept but during sparring and fights, a fighter should get better at certain techniques by actually using them. This could mean realistic virtual training sessions for your fighter, in an open-world gym setup where he walks around and decides if he's working on sweeps and subs today, or doing some good old footwork, hand speed and sprawling. Then leveling the character up based on that, so you can truly develop your fighters style of fighting. I don't know If this is confusing at all, but if you do get it, this would be awesome. Phone Post
1/11/13 6:47 PM
rIKmAN

Edited: 01/11/13 7:33 PM

Hey guys, well the response isn't great here, but I've set up a forum to discuss this in a bit more detail anyway.

You'll need to register, but there is no waiting on anything, you can post straight away.

I've made a few threads for people to give their thoughts on, but you're more than welcome to create your own of course.

If nobody bothers then all I've lost is 30mins of my time, but its there if you want to get involved and chip in your thoughts.

http://bit.ly/ZRFKST Phone Post

1/11/13 10:39 PM
Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In....terested Phone Post
1/30/13 2:15 PM
rIKmAN

Not even a single reply you lazy bitches! Phone Post
1/30/13 5:59 PM
DreamerMMA

rIKmAN -  Not even a single reply you lazy bitches! Phone Post

I don't usually venture far from the OG.

Are you talking about the subforum you set up?

1/30/13 6:02 PM
DreamerMMA

I just checked out your site and while I like it I think you'll find more people willing to participate if you try to keep it on the OG or at least a good chunk of the discussion.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.