UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Biased Rogan strikes again

12/30/12 3:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_EnderTL
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/30/12 3:07 PM

ANT_P1989 -"Also what baffles me is how Cain has this "crazy cardio" BUT couldn't do the damage he did with that punch in the first round ever again thru the rest of the fight.

YES JDS has a GREAT chin, BUT the man was ready to go since that big right hand in the 1st. You're supposed to be this cardio king but couldn't finish a man who HAD HIS HANDS DOWN THE ENTIRE FIGHT AND WAS A ZOMBIE!?

Not discrediting Cain, but of course he looked good, I just think that he had a lot of his takedowns stuffed, couldn't hurt JDS anymore after that 1st round and just brawled his way thru.

I think Overeem is gonna stop Cain.
Phone Post
"

That first punch was a clean counter that caught JDS off guard. Cain definitely hit him cleanly a few times after that, but JDS was more prepared, even if he was exhausted and disheartened.

12/30/12 3:06 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom -

Zuffa wants that Latino market so bad they did everything they could to help sway it. It's not hard to comprehend. 

This.

Any other champ gets starched in a minute to lose his belt would need way more than a win over Antonio Silva to get a rematch.

Dana's reactions on FOX after Cain lost told you everything.

The UFC wants a UFC fighter who can make bank on Cinco de Mayo like boxing had De la Hoya and now Canelo Alvarez.

The UFC is focused on Canada, which is why they are pushing Rory as GSP 2, they are focused on Brazil which is why those cards are heavily tilted with favorable matchups for Brazilian fighters and they desperately want a MMA Canelo Alvarez which is why Cain is so important.

Dana was unhappy Cain lost on FOX.

I don't think he was unhappy JDS lost in the rematch.

Cain will be pushed again so hard it will be as if he lived his entire life in Mexico.

The UFC is damned happy to have Cain as champ again and there will be no push for a rubber match. Phone Post
12/30/12 3:07 PM
lgi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And how many times did Rogan bring up JDS's heart of a champion? Rogan did his job, and did it well. Hell, he thought JDS was getting his second wind on the fifth! He acknowledged that as well.
12/30/12 3:13 PM
GrilliamG
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, no one here should ever watch boxing if commentator bias annoys them so much. I swear both HBO and Showtime announcers seem to revel in praising one fighter above another and ignoring punches.
12/30/12 3:14 PM
lgi

GrilliamG - Damn, no one here should ever watch boxing if commentator bias annoys them so much. I swear both HBO and Showtime announcers seem to revel in praising one fighter above another and ignoring punches.

Didn't Merchant had a hard on for De La Hoya? He hated Mayweather as well. Roy Jones also.
12/30/12 3:16 PM
Clarence Parents
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
Ryann Von Doom -

Zuffa wants that Latino market so bad they did everything they could to help sway it. It's not hard to comprehend. 

This.

Any other champ gets starched in a minute to lose his belt would need way more than a win over Antonio Silva to get a rematch.

Dana's reactions on FOX after Cain lost told you everything.

The UFC wants a UFC fighter who can make bank on Cinco de Mayo like boxing had De la Hoya and now Canelo Alvarez.

The UFC is focused on Canada, which is why they are pushing Rory as GSP 2, they are focused on Brazil which is why those cards are heavily tilted with favorable matchups for Brazilian fighters and they desperately want a MMA Canelo Alvarez which is why Cain is so important.

Dana was unhappy Cain lost on FOX.

I don't think he was unhappy JDS lost in the rematch.

Cain will be pushed again so hard it will be as if he lived his entire life in Mexico.

The UFC is damned happy to have Cain as champ again and there will be no push for a rubber match. Phone Post

Whether that is true or not.. it has virtually nothing to do with Rogan.
12/30/12 3:17 PM
Jason Reinhardt
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

come on guys..get off Joes ass, and give the guy a little break. The guy comes in, and does his job with incredible, genuine passion like none other. If you have ever commentated, it's simply not as easy as it looks. I know Joe makes it look easy. And by the way, I've heard Joe say many great things about JDS.
12/30/12 3:19 PM
caseharts
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason Reinhardt - come on guys..get off Joes ass, and give the guy a little break. The guy comes in, and does his job with incredible, genuine passion like none other. If you have ever commentated, it's simply not as easy as it looks. I know Joe makes it look easy. And by the way, I've heard Joe say many great things about JDS.

he did a great job but its so clear hes a fan and thats awesome id still have him over every other possible commentator I just felt a definite bias. amazing commentator no matter what anyone says

12/30/12 3:24 PM
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys nitpick so much...he has to say this stuff on the fly, have you never fallen victim of misconstruing what you meant to say?

Have some empathy before you jump down his throat

He complimented JDS' heart multiple times, I did not find him the least bit disrespectful.
12/30/12 3:30 PM
Clarence Parents
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fapout - 
Jason Reinhardt - come on guys..get off Joes ass, and give the guy a little break. The guy comes in, and does his job with incredible, genuine passion like none other. If you have ever commentated, it's simply not as easy as it looks. I know Joe makes it look easy. And by the way, I've heard Joe say many great things about JDS.

this happens after every ppv

its retarded.

The worst part is that most of the people who are so quick to criticize can barely churn out a sentence worth reading.. let alone actually hearing.
12/30/12 3:57 PM
DNAsmoothie
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone crying about the commentary should watch a non UFC show to regain some appreciation for how good Rogan does. His input is always on point and his enthusiasm for what's happening inside the cage is unparalleled. Phone Post
12/30/12 4:02 PM
jerky66

Hansumboy - Rogans commentary during the JDS-Cain fight was beyond awful. He was highly disrespectful towards JDS when he said the whole "this is what happens when the real Cain shows up". As if JDS´ earlier win meant abolutely nothing. JDS was also injured that fight, but of course he made no mention of that.

Its pretty silly that he was acting like Cain is simply the better fighter and writing JDS off in the title picture. Fact of the matter is Cain threw everything he had at JDS but JDS ate it. I think theres a very good chance of JDS winning the rematch if he comes with a better gameplan and doesnt get thrown off his game by Cains early aggressiveness. He just needs that one punch, which is something Cain doesnt have.

I totally agree with you. I was wishing that whole fight that Joe Rogan would STFU. He was getting on my nerves. I will never watch another fight with that guy as commentator.

Cain won that fight but JDS did not do no where near as bad as Rogan was saying. He blocked a ton of takedowns and stood the whole time.

I can see why FOX did nt want Joe Rogan on their channels. He would drag the ratings down.
12/30/12 4:20 PM
KingYing

Reading this really annoys the shit out of me..

What was he supposed to say? Cain was completely dominating him, he's a commentator.. he has to 'commentate'' on what he's seeing.

"Junior is really doing a good job at getting his ass kicked right now"

Is about the only positive thing he could of said for JDS, and I'm a big fan of JDS.
12/30/12 4:33 PM
CindyO

Ryann Von Doom - 

So the people in Mexico watching this tuned in to the English commentating version instead of the Spanish stream??? lol

Cindy

12/30/12 4:36 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 
Ryann Von Doom - 

So the people in Mexico watching this tuned in to the English commentating version instead of the Spanish stream??? lol

Cindy

Hey no using logic you know the rules.

12/30/12 4:44 PM
RustyTrombone
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did I miss something?? Cain dominated the fight so wtf is joe supposed to commentate on? He also gave junior credit when he did rarely land anything. Joes a top class commentator and his passion for mma and jits knowledge is second to none Phone Post
12/30/12 4:47 PM
Hansumboy

Edited: 12/30/12 4:48 PM
Funny how defensive some people get when you criticize Rogan. People here are acting like I hate the guy. I dont, in fact, that couldnt be further from the truth. His commentating is great and his podcast is the best on earth. Joe Rogan is awesome. But his biggest flaw is that he often sides with one fighter while calling fights. I am sure everyone can agree to this, the examples of this are simply too many too ignore.
12/30/12 4:48 PM
gooddoc

Joe gets excited and caught up in the moment like anyone else. I'm sure he didn't mean to discredit JDS at all. Chill out man.

12/30/12 4:58 PM
BooZe

shorebreaker420 -  Op is a bitter dork Phone Post

yes
12/30/12 5:03 PM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The best was when he kept going on about cains cardio even when cain was pretty gassed out himself. After the fight cain even said he was gassed out after the 3rd rd. I think people are pissed because rogan made it seem like JDS beating Cain was a fluke due to injury even though the 1st fight was only 64 seconds long and that this is what the first fight should have looked like.

People are already pissed at the supposed bias that UFC/Zuffa have towards Cain and with some of the commentary it just further turns people off.
12/30/12 5:07 PM
gooddoc

Answer this question honestly:

What HW has better cardio than Cain?

That's what I thought.

12/30/12 5:09 PM
caseharts
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lahzerous -
CindyO - 
Ryann Von Doom - 

Cindy

Hey no using logic you know the rules.

Mexican Americans speak engrish Phone Post
12/30/12 5:09 PM
caseharts

gooddoc -

That's what I thought.

Fedor? Phone Post
12/30/12 5:11 PM
gooddoc

caseharts - 
gooddoc -

That's what I thought.

Fedor? Phone Post

I am a huge Fedor fan, but you need to let it go man.

12/30/12 5:12 PM
ortman166

Jds wins the rematch Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.