UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Paul Daley receives legal document from Bjorn

12/30/12 3:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AshDoherty
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has received a legal document from Bellator this morning, signed by Bellator CEO, Bjorn Rebney and Legal representatives of the promotion.

Despite, Bellator being aware of a legal matter preventing me from obtaining a P-1 visa to compete in the USA, and therefore making it unable for me to fulfill certain terms of my contract, Its seems as though they are attempting to stop me from earning a living while awaiting a decision that is out of my control, and is not expected until Late April 2013.

This situation has been developing daily, since Oct 2012 with back and forth emails between myself, my management and Bellator representatives (including Bjorn, and Talent relations officer Sam Caplan, to name a few)

I would like to offer full disclosure to the MMA MEDIA. Feel free to contact me here, on my facebook.

Paul "Semtex" Daley

12/30/12 3:08 PM
AshDoherty
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you have any questions for Paul you can get to his Facebook by clicking here

12/30/12 3:42 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saw this, glad some one posted it Phone Post
12/30/12 5:46 PM
quick
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It sucks, but he signed the contract...
12/30/12 5:48 PM
Brock Lobster
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

quick - It sucks, but he signed the contract...
. Phone Post
12/30/12 5:52 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He signed the contract, Bellator contracts I believe are exclusive but they can grant you permission to fight outside the org, I believe its the same as SF was.

They've allowed guys to do it but they just saw their champ get smashed. Its one thing if its a guy they dont really have high hopes for and they allow him to get a few fights but Daley is a star for them. Whatever happened it fucked Bellator because he was their main attraction for the WW tournament on spike, he screwed that up and now wants to fight in another org. Bellator aint having it.

12/30/12 5:58 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They're not stopping him from earning a living just stopping him from fighting. Time to start thinking outside the box Paul. Phone Post
12/30/12 6:19 PM
MMALOGIC

Bellator legally threatening their fighters...  what's new?

12/30/12 6:27 PM
JorgePaez
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AshDoherty -

If you have any questions for Paul you can get to his Facebook by clicking here

I don't have Facebook but can you ask him why he sucker punched Josh, Thanks! Phone Post
12/30/12 6:31 PM
kostello

They put promotion money behind him, he should have to pay it back.

They wasted their time and he wants to walk out scott free?

It's a good message to send I think.
12/30/12 7:03 PM
shorebreaker420
1015 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I belive in Karma, and it says F Semtex Phone Post
12/30/12 7:13 PM
kostello

I want to do all good things from here on out.
12/31/12 11:39 AM
KZTT_FawkingxD
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The hate for Semtex is strong in his thread Phone Post
12/31/12 11:46 AM
SkooterFanForLife
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Semtex's hate for making weight also runs strong.
12/31/12 1:06 PM
Snayke13
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shorebreaker420 - I belive in Karma, and it says F Semtex Phone Post
Haha yep. Phone Post
12/31/12 1:16 PM
vaginal tear
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those goddamn motherfuckers. You don't keep a man from making a living. Phone Post
12/31/12 1:45 PM
Chris27

Ryann Von Doom - 
vaginal tear - Those goddamn motherfuckers. You don't keep a man from making a living. Phone Post
This. Bellator, zuffa or anyone else for the matter. Phone Post

Bellator and Zuffa arent even close to the same in this matter, Zuffa has full exclusive contracts, Bellator has the option to allow a fighter to take fights outside of the org.

In this matter they are just choosing not to allow him to fight outside the org, which they have every right to do, he signed the contract.

12/31/12 2:51 PM
88samurai88
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Karma is a mother_ _ _ _ _! Phone Post
12/31/12 2:56 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 12/31/12 2:56 PM
Ryann Von Doom - 
vaginal tear - Those goddamn motherfuckers. You don't keep a man from making a living. Phone Post

actually when zuffa signed lombard (years ago) and he was unable to get a visa, they released him so he could make a living somewhere else.

12/31/12 2:58 PM
theGunslinger12
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought that being arrested for assault would keep him from making a living
12/31/12 3:01 PM
Dougie
840 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like Semtex got sucker punched. Ironic.

12/31/12 3:48 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theGunslinger12 - I thought that being arrested for assault would keep him from making a living
This
His visa issues stem from his arrest. He can't compete in Bellator because HE got himself arrested instead of acting like a professional, after signing a contract. Bellator did not cause that problem for him, they hyped his participation in their tournament and then he fucked them over. Phone Post
12/31/12 5:43 PM
MooSaucy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Semtex was opening a gym? He was grumbling because Dan Hardy had moved to the us and so had Ross Pearson. Phone Post
12/31/12 6:10 PM
Uncle Muay Thai
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Paul can come out of this stronger. Always has entertaining fights. Phone Post
12/31/12 6:39 PM
MMALOGIC

Ryann Von Doom - 
MMALOGIC - 
Ryann Von Doom - 

actually when zuffa signed lombard (years ago) and he was unable to get a visa, they released him so he could make a living somewhere else.

And what of Arlvoski? Huerta? Herring? Did they release those guys from their contract and NOT freeze them for the remainder of their contracts? 

1. arlovski - 11 months to the day between the Werdum fight and O'brien fight. They tried to give him a fight that was stylistically a nightmare for Andrei, burried him on the undercard and didn't even let him talk to joe after his TKO win.
  2. Huerta - 13 months and 8 days between the fights of florian and maynard fights.. again a stylistic match up made to make them lose and look bad while doing it.

@chris, I put them into the mix due to those 3 I mentioned above. Doesnt matter the org, they shouldn't prevent fighters from making a living.

they offered Huerta a fight but he wanted time off for "acting"...  I believe they also offered arlovski a fight but he refused so he sat out until they offered him another one.  zuffa can only extend a contract if a guy refuses a fight or the champions clause (which they've never used).

Heath herring retired because Lesnar broke his orbital,...  herring got the shit kicked out of him and doesnt want to fight anymore.

He gets 90k a fight which is more than most make in a year... he has one fight left.  if he really wants to fight he'll collect 90k in the UFC and then move on.  He doesnt want to fight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.