UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: Bad scoring kills my business

12/31/12 11:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sock of Slaw
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the Nevada State Athletic Commission's Email address.

boxing@boxing.nv.gov

Let's take action and email about Adelaide Byrd!
12/31/12 11:11 AM
Authority Figure

Regulation = Increased Safety + Fairness

Increased Safety + Fairness = Voter Support

Voter Support = Legislative Support

Legislative Support = Legalization of Support

Legal MMA = Better Fighter Conditions + Legit Promoters + Reduced Criminal Element

Better Conditions + Better Promoters + Less Criminal Involvement = Happier Fans

The problem isn't regulation. The problem is how judges are chosen and removed from consideration.

12/31/12 11:45 AM
SinceUFCnumber1

Zuffa (including Dana) was able to get a sport that was virtually banned up and running with unified rules and full support of NSAC. I'm sure if they applied the resources they could improve judging. Perhaps by coming up with their own MMA judging certification program. I'm sure this would be a lot of work and and it take more than a one day class to certify refs and judges but it could still be done.

However, I don't believe that there is anything that will ensure that judging is always perfect. This has been a huge problem in every combat sport we've seen to date. I've seen even worse calls in Boxing and Judo. Hell, even BJJ can't seem to resolve the takedown/pulling guard debate much less how to resolve a draw between someone with a great guard versus someone with a great top game.
12/31/12 11:53 AM
Bat21
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TexDeuce -  How in the holy fuck is Adelaide Bird a judge? I've wondered this for years. Phone Post

Its not who you know......

12/31/12 12:04 PM
HexRei

hogh20 - 
Authority Figure - 
hogh20 - I don't know much if any at all, about the need for sanctioning bodies. But is there a reason that the UFC can't have somebody other than the NSAC sanction their events? Why do they even need sanctioning bodies in the first place?

Those santioning bodies are a large part of the reason MMA is allowed in most states.

Thanks for the response, but you didn't answer anything I asked. I know there are sanctioning bodies needed. I know they were necessary, especially in the beginning years, to get MMA out of the "Dark Ages" and into the mainstream. But are they still necessary? Why?

The UFC can't have anyone else sanction their fights (at least, not in most states with a sanctioning body) because it is compulsory. If he for example put on a fights in Vegas without utilizing the NSAC it would be an unsanctioned bout and he'd be in big trouble.

Now as for whether they are necessary for the good of the sport anymore... I dunno. I'm sure it does molify some of the naysayers and haters to have an "offical" governmen body overseeing what some see as a bloodsport.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.