UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Just how popular is Overeem?

12/30/12 9:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BigMonsterCat
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not too many of the casual fans in USA, England and Australia would be real fans considering he only has one UFC fight. I assume in Japan and Europe he would be quite well known. How big was strikeforce with casual fans in USA? In Australia only fans who really follow MMA and kickboxing would know him. Is he as big a draw as any other heavyweight? Or bigger? Phone Post
12/30/12 10:35 PM
Dirk Bevlin
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in the States and have a few friends who are casual fans. They know who he is and like watching him fight. Phone Post
12/30/12 10:36 PM
Lord Nitemare
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After taking a piece of Cain's head off...his stock is going to rise drastically.

12/30/12 10:37 PM
Wrinkle
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he`s gonna be one of the sports biggest stars by the end of 2013.
12/30/12 10:39 PM
Kimbos Bread
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wrinkle - I think he`s gonna be one of the sports biggest stars by the end of 2013.
I believe it will be quite the opposite.
He'll be off the vitamin s. he's going to get dealt a beating Phone Post
12/30/12 10:48 PM
Sub Aquatic
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/30/12 11:10 PM
Kimbos Bread -
Wrinkle - I think he`s gonna be one of the sports biggest stars by the end of 2013.

Win or lose he'll have plenty of new fans next year. You can say whatever you like about him but one things for sure the guy always comes to fight.

48 fights with only 5 decisions - 19 subs 15 KO's.

The Reem always comes to finish or get finished. He's a beast with heavy hands, brutal knees and great subs. It really is pretty rare for one of his fights to not be exciting (werdum buttflop). 

His popularity will sky rocket in 2013 with UFC exposure regardless of winning or losing. You know he's not going in against Bigfoot or Cain looking to grind out a decision - someone's getting stopped! Phone Post

12/30/12 11:00 PM
HenryO

All my friends ask me when Overeem is comin back
12/30/12 11:02 PM
Athletic Performance Inc
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's quite popular in Canada as well
12/30/12 11:32 PM
MasterofMartialArts
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Aquatic -
Kimbos Bread -

Win or lose he'll have plenty of new fans next year. You can say whatever you like about him but one things for sure the guy always comes to fight.

48 fights with only 5 decisions - 19 subs 15 KO's.

The Reem always comes to finish or get finished. He's a beast with heavy hands, brutal knees and great subs. It really is pretty rare for one of his fights to not be exciting (werdum buttflop). 

His popularity will sky rocket in 2013 with UFC exposure regardless of winning or losing. You know he's not going in against Bigfoot or Cain looking to grind out a decision - someone's getting stopped! Phone Post

I get exactly what you're saying-but had to say this. It sounds bad the way you typed "he comes to finish or be finished", lol, it just made me laugh. No fighter should ever come into a fight thinking "if I don't get the finish, then I want to get finished". Haha, he definitely is coming to finish somebody though, and will take the risk to attain it. Just had to say it :) Phone Post
12/30/12 11:33 PM
Kinkle

After next year there will be no question who the greatest HW of all time is....
12/30/12 11:44 PM
HELWIG
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Without unlimited chemical enhancement, theres nothing to suggest Overeem will be more than a B level guy. Solid but not a consistent top level contender.

"After next year there will be no question who the greatest HW of all time is...."

Fedor Emelianenko still?
12/31/12 12:08 AM
Toquinho
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Europe and esp japan he is the number 1 both kockbox and mma... Until badr hari is out of jail :) Phone Post
12/31/12 12:08 AM
Toquinho

^^haha meant kickbox :D Phone Post
12/31/12 12:43 AM
BigMonsterCat

I shall now refer to kickboxing as kockboxing. Phone Post
12/31/12 1:03 AM
Toquinho

^^ hehe knew this was coming ;) Phone Post
12/31/12 3:59 AM
BigMonsterCat

So, he has a large following? He never seems to be associated with much positive. (Except beating Brock up) Phone Post
12/31/12 4:00 AM
ChaosOverkill
374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he stays out of PED trouble, Sky's the limit

12/31/12 11:40 AM
BigMonsterCat

Seems to me as though in the last few years he hasn't done much positive. Hope he gets smashed in his comeback fight. Phone Post
12/31/12 1:12 PM
Sobercuban

None of the casual fans in my office know him by name, at all. When I mention that he was the guy that 'retired' Lesnar they all go "oh yeah that guy, he seemed pretty good" or something of the like.
12/31/12 1:22 PM
Chimp Strength
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kimbos Bread -
Not that I'm suggesting he was regularly anyway, but do you really think one failed test and the athletic commissions shoddy testing would put him (or anyone for that fact) off the vitamin s? Reem will still be as big either way, it's whether he can deal with Cain now. JDS was a much better match up for him imo. Phone Post
12/31/12 1:22 PM
Toquinho

Bc most of his fight were in europe/japan.
When he beats silva and cain to take the belt his popularity will rise bc his style appeals to most fight fans.. Phone Post
12/31/12 1:25 PM
RollHighAllDay
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know if he is popular, but everyone who I know that's a casual fan knows him as the guy who pissed hot. I don't think that stigma is going away anytime soon. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.