UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How is Overeem going to deal with Cain?

12/31/12 1:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sparkuri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overeem will kick the shit outta Cain.

And I mean, he will fucking destroy him.

It will be ugly, in a good way. We may just see a grown man cry.

12/31/12 1:18 AM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He won't deal with it... Cain will wear him out and finish him by the 3rd. Reem has too much muscle to have good cardio. Phone Post
12/31/12 1:54 AM
SOO72

I'd say leg kick the shit out of him but Cain will be looking to catch a leg for a takedown.. so probably using his height/reach to keep him at bay and then use his knees if Cain dives in and in the clinch.

12/31/12 2:07 AM
xXJayRobXx
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If the fight goes past the second round it's Cains fight to win, but before that I favor Overeem. Phone Post
12/31/12 11:27 AM
bhealthy

goldie favourite; the TEEP, followed by liverkicks and overhand rights. then he will be able to guillotine cain

if he misses, watch how many knees he throws.
12/31/12 11:33 AM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reem will win by superior cycling and test avoidance.

12/31/12 11:34 AM
caseharts
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hubris - Cain was constantly clinching with JDS not allowing him to throw any punches. He was completely smothering him with grappling and wrestling.
Are you trying to tell me Cains clinch is better than reems?

I'm not saying reem wins or not but that's like saying reems wrestling is better than Cains..

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding. Phone Post
12/31/12 11:35 AM
Pugilist82
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, he should try to clinch with Overeem, that will work out well.
12/31/12 1:05 PM
JerodR
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try to clinch with Overeem and he is going to have a short night. I wouldn't want to eat those knees. I don't care who you are, those will take the wind out of you.
12/31/12 1:40 PM
CrocopPleaseRetire

With a knee to the face followed by some ground and pound... Phone Post
12/31/12 1:51 PM
Choochy
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hubris - Cain was constantly clinching with JDS not allowing him to throw any punches. He was completely smothering him with grappling and wrestling.
Clinching with Reem would be the worst thing he could do. Cain will be the favorite but the JDS gameplan could be hazardous to his health.

JDS had tons of opportunity to throw knees. Phone Post
12/31/12 2:08 PM
JamesTheWelshDR
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ream via guillotine Phone Post
12/31/12 5:27 PM
bhealthy

Bat21 - 

Reem will win by superior cycling and test avoidance.

you make a damn good point, but we all know zuffa picks and chooses WHEN to look the other way on roids.

so if they give him a Phael-pass he will teep, swicth liverkick, overhand right till he gets the guillotine.

cains posture on his shots might keep him from gettin KO'd by knees.
12/31/12 6:07 PM
88samurai88
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With knees from hell and a complete arsenal of destruction. Phone Post
12/31/12 6:13 PM
Neil McCauley

i really think overeem is a terrible matchup for cain. Its going to be shades of the first couple minutes of the jds rematch with cain shooting desperately at overeem while he easily stuffs him. Shortly after that he will get uberkneed in the grill TFO texiera style. Its going to be ugly. cormier will give overeem all he can handle though.
12/31/12 6:15 PM
DKielbasa

I dont see this ending well for Cain. Stylistically JDS matches up with Reem better IMO.
12/31/12 7:28 PM
Doem

hubris - Cain was constantly clinching with JDS not allowing him to throw any punches. He was completely smothering him with grappling and wrestling.

What?
Overeem's clinch game is going to be the most dangerous of all HW.
Cain wants nothing to do with that.
He is going to want to try to use his speed to take him down, and its deffinetly not going to be from the clinch
12/31/12 7:32 PM
Doem

Neil McCauley - i really think overeem is a terrible matchup for cain. Its going to be shades of the first couple minutes of the jds rematch with cain shooting desperately at overeem while he easily stuffs him. Shortly after that he will get uberkneed in the grill TFO texiera style. Its going to be ugly. cormier will give overeem all he can handle though.

Overeem is a bad matchup for all heavywieghts ( if we assume that he is just as strong in his next fight as he was before being popped for PE) just because he can finish with knees, kicks, punches, he can finish with relativly few strikes, and can finish from a variety of different ranges.
I think that Cain has a good shot because he is much quicker and than overeem and has the cardio to take the fight wherever it needs to go fo 5 rounds.
1/2/13 8:32 AM
Stea1th

Lets not forgot, overeem's punches are tight. He doesn't need much room and he generates a shit load of power to boot.

Cain's best chance is to punch his face and take him down to the ground. Tire him out and he won't have power to do anything, then pick him apart.

however, I can see overeem uberkneeing the hell out of cain
if he tries to clitch.

Either way, It's going to be a sick fight. Can't wait.
1/2/13 8:50 AM
jonnierockets20
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reem is a bit better in the clinch then most, Cain is still the boss in that match imo
1/2/13 8:52 AM
Drguildo

I dont think Velasquez will clinch with Overeem, you dont want to eat hes knees, im guessing i will work to take him down and smash him.I like both but if Cain end up on top i dont seem Overeem getting out of this. Standing up, speed goes to Cain and i would give power and slight technical edge to Overeem. I want to see this fight but i think it would be fair for to all division if Overeem will have to beat somebody else after bigfoot ( if he beats him) to get a title shot. A JDS/Overeem for the top contender spot will make sense to me.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.