UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> worst beating ever in MMA?

12/31/12 6:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RepsOne
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate Diaz vs Irish Hand Grenade was a pretty good beating.
His face was destroyed. Phone Post
12/31/12 7:17 AM
PosterBoy
281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

"BJ's beating on Joe Stevenson"

It was one slicing elbow that did most of the damage. He dropped him a couple times. Not a big beating at all imo.

BJ vs Diego has to be up there, though. Something like 108 strikes for BJ to 5 for Diego?

Koscheck vs Lytle iirc.

Arona/Sak.

Rampage vs Chuck in Pride.

Bj hit himself more times after that fight than Sanchez hit him.that would be my choice it was a Drawn out 4 round beating Phone Post
12/31/12 7:27 AM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo v Faber. Maybe not as visually a severe beating during the fight, afterwards fabers leg looked like it should have been cut off! During the fight though he did take a massive beating its just doesn't have the blood the other fights mentioned have. Phone Post
12/31/12 7:29 AM
PayItForward
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

silva x kondo
12/31/12 7:46 AM
Toquinho
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reem vs bigfeet will soon be added Phone Post
12/31/12 7:47 AM
Brigham
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CGJiuJitsu -

Arona / Saku was pretty tough to watch take place...  I'd say that was a pretty bad beating...

This Phone Post
12/31/12 7:54 AM
boot2thehead
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ninja vs Matsui in Pride was hard to watch. Ninja had matsui in the corner and stomped on his head repeatedly then finished with a soccer kick Phone Post
12/31/12 8:56 AM
paulmat
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Enson v Igor all day as already said!

When your half dead body is being dragged back to your corner by your arms at the end of the round, and you have brain swelling (was literally in hospital for some time after the fight), you know you are in trouble.

Personally, I think that fight is as close to seeing someone killed in a "big" promotion as we have ever seen.
12/31/12 9:41 AM
shallowkal

Ya'll must a forgot !

Saku vs Smirnovas, also the greatest comeback ever, somebody embed please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvwG4attE1c&feature=youtube_gdata_player Phone Post
12/31/12 9:48 AM
eljamaiquino

Enson/Igor, Fedor/Nog 1, Bones/ Shogun, Kerr/ Gurgel.... Phone Post
12/31/12 9:52 AM
BENDOver and Take it Like a Diaz
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vale/Bitonio and it's not close. Phone Post
12/31/12 9:53 AM
Koreanflash

Fedor vs BigFoot was pretty bad, from what I remember
12/31/12 10:02 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Viva - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Viva -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
DanGold - Not as long but Anderson/Rich as mentioned, plus Anderson Leben. Just the amount of damage done, amazing.
Yeah Silva would probably be on more lists but his beatings are pretty quick, not really prolonged Phone Post

Lngth doesn't matter one bit

Its like the saying quality>>> quantity kind of!

Greats like Shogun and Anderson have too great a killer instict and KO power to ever let. A hurt opponent linger on for prolonged rounds

Thats why they score brutal knockouts, instead of "prolonged beatdowns"

They are able to put away the opponent as soon as they are hurt

If Gsp and Jones were able to put away their oppoenents as soon as they were hurt, then they would be scoring first roukd knockouts too.

I have no clue what point you are trying to make. I'm not saying what the best performances were. When I think of the worst beatings ever, I generally think of when guys just got the crap beat of them for a while, rather than quick finishes. Phone Post

You have to be playing dumb

Because I am a nice guy I will try to simplify it for you.

You obviously are not working with a full deck of cards upstaires

Its this line of crazy thinking"

"When I think of the worst beatings ever, I generally think of when guys just got the crap beat of them for a while, rather than quick finishes"

Which my point was about and what I was responding to

About the length comment as well

And thats why I said length doesn't matter one bit! Like duh!

Quality>>> quantity

Greats like Shogun and Anderson have too great a killer instict and KO power to ever let a hurt opponent linger on for prolonged rounds

Thats why they score brutal knockouts, instead of score "prolonged beatdowns"

They are able to put away the opponent as soon as they are hurt

If Gsp and Jones were able to put away their oppoenents as soon as they were hurt, then they would be scoring first roukd knockouts instead of the prlonged beatdowns they keep scoring. They just have trouble finishing as quickly as possible

Now dont respond to me to until you really read what i said and understand what the conversation is about

Dont over work that tiny brain of yours too hard little fellow

12/31/12 10:26 AM
Bootsy Collins
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sergei vs Ninja was pretty bad
12/31/12 10:36 AM
stebrillz
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA -
JBJ Vs Shogun was tough to watch.
Definitely not a rematch I want to see Phone Post
12/31/12 10:43 AM
Lazer MMA

SinCityHustler - 

Hendo vs Shogun was very difficult to watch.  I literally felt like we were going to see the UFC's first in cage death. Thankfully Hendo gassed and the beating was cut short.  Rua looked like a different person altogether followig the fight, his head was so swollen.  That fight really was difficult to watch and I love watching beat downs.  

Silva/Fedor had the same feel to it.  Big Foot got on top of Fedor and began beating him into mush.  

Kudos to both Fedor and Shogun for hanging in there and not quitting in those ass kickings.  i've seen champions surrender their belt for far less

Strong post. I was worried for Shogun big time too, it was an incredible savage beating. If anything serious would have happened to him because he was allowed to continue it would have shook the sport.

Agree on all counts

12/31/12 11:19 AM
Ravenuse

Not saying this was the best ever but a favorite of mine is-
Joe Lauzon vs Gabe Ruediger
12/31/12 11:21 AM
Meatfist

Cain vs bigfoot for sure on that list Phone Post
12/31/12 11:21 AM
spg
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arona vs Sakuraba. That fight was very hard to watch...

12/31/12 11:22 AM
muaythai1622
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Igor/enson IMO Phone Post
12/31/12 11:38 AM
Steve4192
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sonnen-Baker at WEC 33 was pretty damn brutal.

12/31/12 11:41 AM
GregBell
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ken vs tito was pretty damn bad ...ken had lumps on top of lumps
12/31/12 11:44 AM
GregBell

colby - 

Bart  Vale vs Mike Bitonnio (RIP)

Brutal I saw mike botonio at neutral grounds some years back wonder if him and kasha still in san pedro im always down there at ports o call and work by the docks/port.
12/31/12 11:47 AM
GregBell

Kerr v fabio gurgel ......been a while like a decade since I watched it but remeber fabio taking a beating
12/31/12 11:54 AM
GregBell

Dude thats a bummer I just noticed that r.I.p. next to mike bitonio didnt know he died :(

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.