UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Help getting strength back

12/31/12 12:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
lets get dangerous
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Last august I got my elbow popped 3x in an arm bar. It healed to what felt 95%. I haven't curled since before then and could easily handle 45 lbs on that arm.

At gym now first curling exercise since the injury and I can't barely curl 12.5 pound weight with that arm. Pushing motions are fine. I can bench my body weight 15x dead lift 2x my weight and arm is fine. But fuck me I couldn't curl an apple to save my life.

I'm using the 10 lb weight and doing reps but is this normal? I'm gonna check with my buddy tomorrow who instructs pt but maybe someone here had a similar injury? Phone Post
12/31/12 12:42 AM
lets get dangerous
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also noticed the over compensation on certain exercises with my other arm/side ie lat pulldowns etc I can still handle heavy but notice my right side is taking most of the load Phone Post
12/31/12 10:33 AM
Wiggy
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll tell you the same thing I tell anyone in a similar situation - first thing you should do is get it checked out by a doctor or physio.  That way you know exactly what's going on.  It could be nothing or it could be something pretty serious.  

Better to know for sure, IMO.  Don't goof with injuries.

Wiggy - http://www.workingclassfitness.com

1/1/13 6:35 AM
lets get dangerous

Thanks man I'm gonna get checked out next week. Just procrastinating getting in there dont have time but gotta make it Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.