UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mckee vs Aoki. Wtf?

12/31/12 11:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AlchemyIronworks
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McKee was in the fight and tapped out over an eye gouge? Why not just inform the ref you'd been gouged? Phone Post
12/31/12 11:38 AM
GregBell
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Antonio got paid or just doesnt love this anymore maybe both...ive seen him take harder shots from jason high, savant young , etc. Antonio even at 42 or whatever he is now could beat aoki ..fact that antonio said first time he gets hit hes done is a clue to whats going on here imo.
12/31/12 11:40 AM
slaughteringyou

he gave up, and likelly took some extra money backstage from doing so. I really dont ever expect to see the guy again
12/31/12 11:41 AM
Jsteven
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i immediately thought it was a Work
12/31/12 12:01 PM
Periodik

AlchemyIronworks -  McKee was in the fight and tapped out over an eye gouge? Why not just inform the ref you'd been gouged? Phone Post

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1366077/Shinya_Aoki_vs._Antonio_McKee_3.gif

Was definitely a hard overhand right to the eye socket. No eye gouge there.

So either he felt his orbital bone break and wanted out of the fight or he was paid to tap on the first hard shot he took from Aoki.

12/31/12 12:03 PM
funk samurai

Didn't Mauro say that Mckee said "if i take a hard shot, i'm tapping" or something like that?
12/31/12 12:05 PM
GregBell
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Antonio could bang the living piss outta aoki on the feet if he really wanted to.... im going to stop by the bodyshop and chop it up with tone about this one but I already know what it is.
12/31/12 12:05 PM
GregBell

funk samurai - Didn't Mauro say that Mckee said "if i take a hard shot, i'm tapping" or something like that?

Yes
12/31/12 12:09 PM
kid chaos
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GregBell -
funk samurai - Didn't Mauro say that Mckee said "if i take a hard shot, i'm tapping" or something like that?

Yes
Wow wtf?? Why not just give the rear naked choke so it's not as suspicious Phone Post
12/31/12 12:15 PM
GregBell

kid chaos - 
GregBell -

Yes
Wow wtf?? Why not just give the rear naked choke so it's not as suspicious Phone Post

Never ....antonio takes pride in his anti bjj (which is really just defensive bjj but a topic for another day) just pride alone I dont see antonio giving up the rear naked or a sub for that matter. Antonio really is hard to submit ask aurelio, delson helano and others. Hes probably laughing about this counting his money.
12/31/12 12:17 PM
EckY
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Obviously not a work, it reminded me of Irvin/Sakara, he took a solid right hook right to the eye, Aoki threw the exact same punch earlier.

What McKee had said previously in interviews is that when he starts getting hit he will retire, Miletich brought it up when they were talking about his age and him still competing at a high level.  Basically he got his eye socket broken or he freaked out when the punch hit him in the eye like Irvin did when Sakara hit him in the eye.

12/31/12 12:24 PM
xkmasada
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It looked like a freak overhand that just happened to land on McKee's eye. Possibly broken orbital? Just ask Bob Sapp how that can feel.
12/31/12 12:26 PM
RKing85
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No eye gauge for sure. Definitly a closed fist.
12/31/12 12:26 PM
NavyCorpsman
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

xkmasada - It looked like a freak overhand that just happened to land on McKee's eye. Possibly broken orbital? Just ask Bob Sapp how that can feel.
Never use Bob Sapp as a barometer for how it feels to get hit. Phone Post
12/31/12 12:27 PM
GregBell

Serious question you really think aoki broke antonios orbital bone or eye socket? Could have ? ou really think a guy with all antonios experience and wrestling experience ( wrestlers get a lot of head trauma concusions black eyes cuts all the time) freaked out from a punch from aoki. Everybodys entitled to their opinion I guess. Ive never known or heard of antonio reacting like that good news is get to find out whats what
12/31/12 12:30 PM
Ligeia420

Looked like he got hit in the eye pretty hard. Iunno
12/31/12 12:43 PM
Eyelasher

He got hid hard in the same eye with the same punch in the first round...you can see him feel his eye socket with his left hand while attempting to defend the takedown...so maybe it was damaged as early as the first round...
12/31/12 12:46 PM
jujubre
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

looked like a broken orbital to me. He broke it in the first (watch the fight...he touch his orbital after a punch). And when he took a second punch in it, he had to tap. Must suck to get hit in a broken part of your body.

ps : It was deformed after the fight.
12/31/12 12:47 PM
Ligeia420

So you guys are trying to say this fight was worked because Aoki is not known for his striking? That's the funniest shit ever. McKee got owned by Aoki, just because he didn't get submitted, instead ate a random right hand which fucked his eye socket up.

It was a work guys, Aoki could never do that. Ever.
12/31/12 12:49 PM
shoudawhouda
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stylistically it should have been a horrible matchup for Aoki. I lost a decent amount of money on this fight. Though McKee was a great bet. Phone Post
12/31/12 12:49 PM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

Shinya sons boxing looked amazing!

-UG anime nerds

12/31/12 2:13 PM
hubris
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/31/12 2:27 PM
EckY
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shoudawhouda -  Stylistically it should have been a horrible matchup for Aoki. I lost a decent amount of money on this fight. Though McKee was a great bet. Phone Post

No it shouldn't, Aoki is a guard stallers worst nightmare.

12/31/12 2:51 PM
Ligeia420

hubris - 

FIXED!
12/31/12 2:59 PM
Dougie
906 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fluke injury imo.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.