UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mckee vs Aoki. Wtf?

12/31/12 2:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dougie
697 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fluke injury imo.

12/31/12 4:24 PM
Flyers179
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/31/12 4:24 PM
All the people saying this "is not a work" are either in denial or simply stupid.
12/31/12 4:36 PM
Neil McCauley

punched in the eyeball like arona did to overeem. Nothing suspect about it. Aoki is so good theres no point in fixing fights, hes bound to win damn near every one of them.
12/31/12 4:37 PM
EckY
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/31/12 4:37 PM
Flyers179 - All the people saying this "is not a work" are either in denial or simply stupid.

The stupid people would be the ones that think working a fight to end in a fluke injury would be a good idea.  The much more simple way to do this would have been to let Aoki lock up a choke.

Dont let common sense get in the way of your conspiracy theory though.

12/31/12 4:40 PM
Flyers179

EckY - 
Flyers179 - All the people saying this "is not a work" are either in denial or simply stupid.

The stupid people would be the ones that think working a fight to end in a fluke injury would be a good idea.  The much more simple way to do this would have been to let Aoki lock up a choke.

Dont let common sense get in the way of your conspiracy theory though.

That was the shittiest looking punch I have ever seen.

People comparing this to Sakara/Irvin are nuts. Irvin got drilled in the eye socket. Aoki threw a lob without much behind it. I have a hard time seeing a professional fighter tap to that.
12/31/12 4:43 PM
RKing85
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shittiest punch you have ever seen? I have seen a million shittier punches in mma fights. maybe 2 million.

see if you can find the angle from the opposite side of that gif. That punch connected flush.
12/31/12 4:53 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

K1 Aoki imho Phone Post
12/31/12 5:04 PM
hubris
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/31/12 5:08 PM
here he is training his new lethal striking

12/31/12 5:10 PM
RKing85
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well let's not go to crazy here. Let's not forget what happens at New Year's Eve 2010 to Aoki.
12/31/12 5:19 PM
sitchpack

Absolute joke Phone Post
12/31/12 5:26 PM
HOLLYWOOD-MO

Flyers179 - All the people saying this "is not a work" are either in denial or simply stupid.
There's nothing that supports your theory of a "work." It didn't end in some ridiculous sub (Minowa) or phantom punch. Aoki hit him square in the eye.

Your "work" theory is simply based on the fact that you thought McKee would smash Aoki and you didn't like the outcome Phone Post
12/31/12 5:38 PM
Rival School

GregBell -
kid chaos - 
GregBell -
funk samurai - Didn't Mauro say that Mckee said "if i take a hard shot, i'm tapping" or something like that?

Yes
Wow wtf?? Why not just give the rear naked choke so it's not as suspicious Phone Post

Never ....antonio takes pride in his anti bjj (which is really just defensive bjj but a topic for another day) just pride alone I dont see antonio giving up the rear naked or a sub for that matter. Antonio really is hard to submit ask aurelio, delson helano and others. Hes probably laughing about this counting his money.
No one calling this guy out on being a fucking idiot Phone Post
12/31/12 5:43 PM
HenryO

People need to learn the difference between a work and a dive. McKee found out he was on his way to getting outgrappled for 15 minutes and got out of the fight the first time he had the chance. Still kept his reputation as hard to submit intact and got out of Japan with a paycheck. Not the most honest fighting but he's 42 and just trying to get paid
12/31/12 5:46 PM
Chomas
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's his own worst enemy. Phone Post
12/31/12 5:46 PM
soreshins
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you watched the fight and not the gif you would have heard the sound that punch made when it landed. It wasn't a shitty punch at all. Not a fan of McKee or Aoki so don't really care beyond that. Phone Post
12/31/12 5:51 PM
GladiatorGannon
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Never ....antonio takes pride in his anti bjj (which is really just defensive bjj but a topic for another day)..."

Greg, you are one of the only guys on the UG that understands this.
12/31/12 6:08 PM
Stubjj844
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, because Aoki needs a work to beat Antonio McKee, uh huh. Even if Antonio came out after and started saying he took money to go down I wouldn't believe a word of it. I'm sure Aoki was so scared of Antonio that he donated much of his purse to stop Antonio beating his ass.

Why don't you just listen to the punch live? There was a big noise from it. It may have been "loopy", but it was very well timed.
12/31/12 6:47 PM
Crocop'sLeftLeg

McKee's heart obviously wasn't in it. He got punched in the face, it hurt, his eye might have been injured, and he quit. Simple as that.
12/31/12 6:57 PM
Wasa-B
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GregBell  - Antonio could bang the living piss outta aoki on the feet if he really wanted to.... im going to stop by the bodyshop and chop it up with tone about this one but I already know what it is.

What actually happened in the fight, so in reality, says different.
12/31/12 7:16 PM
GregBell
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - 
GregBell  - Antonio could bang the living piss outta aoki on the feet if he really wanted to.... im going to stop by the bodyshop and chop it up with tone about this one but I already know what it is.

????
12/31/12 7:29 PM
GregBell
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GladiatorGannon - "Never ....antonio takes pride in his anti bjj (which is really just defensive bjj but a topic for another day)..."

Greg, you are one of the only guys on the UG that understands this.

He wouldnt like me saying it but it really the truth hes fought and worked with so many bjj guys ....antonio could be a legit above avg bjj black belt if he really tried in say under a year with gi hes the kinda guy he sees something once and he will submit you with it next time you roll. He actually knows a number of submissions this in reality is what makes him so tough to catch. One of the few guys I can actually say I dreaded working gnp with. He fights with caution but in practice hes all offense. He fights to probably 60 percent of his capability on fight night for whatever reason.
1/1/13 12:47 AM
Nexuscrawlers
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ssj - not mckee's fault AOKI has FREAK KO power, brahs.
Fact. Aoki has been a huge fan of kickboxing and training it for many years. Phone Post
1/2/13 8:03 PM
wasssp

explodin - 
Stubjj844 - Yeah, because Aoki needs a work to beat Antonio McKee, uh huh. Even if Antonio came out after and started saying he took money to go down I wouldn't believe a word of it. I'm sure Aoki was so scared of Antonio that he donated much of his purse to stop Antonio beating his ass.

Why don't you just listen to the punch live? There was a big noise from it. It may have been "loopy", but it was very well timed.
Works aren't for the purpose that there is no other way that result could be achieved, its to assure that it will happen...
A point spread in team sports makes it virtually 50/50. Players who fix games take money to shave points, meaning they don't win by a certain amount. That doesn't by any means mean that the other team couldn't have kept it that close without the guy shaving those points, it just assures the desired result is much closer to a sure thing. Phone Post

Exactly. People who are saying "Wouldn't have been easier/ more believable for Mckee to give up a submission?" either don't understand the objective of a work/dive or are unfamiliar w/ gambling/ betting odds.

Ask yourself these questions:
What were the odds on Aoki beating Mckee?
What were the odds on Aoki beating Mckee by submission?
What were the odds on Aoki winning via strikes?
What were the odds on Aoki winning via strikes in the second round?
Which fighter could ensure the above outcome on his own?
1/2/13 8:08 PM
Wasa-B
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GregBell  - 
Wasa-B - 

????

Exactly.
1/2/13 8:22 PM
pazz5
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those stating this was a work are absolutely fucking retarded and deserve no place what so ever on this forum or even discussing mma. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.