UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mckee vs Aoki. Wtf?

1/2/13 8:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Galanis
486 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/2/13 8:33 PM
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wasssp - 
explodin - 
Stubjj844 - Yeah, because Aoki needs a work to beat Antonio McKee, uh huh. Even if Antonio came out after and started saying he took money to go down I wouldn't believe a word of it. I'm sure Aoki was so scared of Antonio that he donated much of his purse to stop Antonio beating his ass.

Why don't you just listen to the punch live? There was a big noise from it. It may have been "loopy", but it was very well timed.
Works aren't for the purpose that there is no other way that result could be achieved, its to assure that it will happen...
A point spread in team sports makes it virtually 50/50. Players who fix games take money to shave points, meaning they don't win by a certain amount. That doesn't by any means mean that the other team couldn't have kept it that close without the guy shaving those points, it just assures the desired result is much closer to a sure thing. Phone Post

Exactly. People who are saying "Wouldn't have been easier/ more believable for Mckee to give up a submission?" either don't understand the objective of a work/dive or are unfamiliar w/ gambling/ betting odds.

Ask yourself these questions:
What were the odds on Aoki beating Mckee?
What were the odds on Aoki beating Mckee by submission?
What were the odds on Aoki winning via strikes?
What were the odds on Aoki winning via strikes in the second round?
Which fighter could ensure the above outcome on his own?

And apparently you dont know the difference between a work and a dive. McKee took a dive and got out of a fight he knew he wasnt going to win
1/2/13 8:45 PM
ausgepicht

AlchemyIronworks -  McKee was in the fight and tapped out over an eye gouge? Why not just inform the ref you'd been gouged? Phone Post

Was NOT an eye gouge. It was 100% fist. The slow mo showed that it's simply not debatable. Also, I'm sure someone mentioned he said "If I get hit hard, I'll tap." 

Well, he wasn't lying.

1/2/13 8:59 PM
wasssp

HenryO - 
wasssp - 
explodin - 
Stubjj844 - Yeah, because Aoki needs a work to beat Antonio McKee, uh huh. Even if Antonio came out after and started saying he took money to go down I wouldn't believe a word of it. I'm sure Aoki was so scared of Antonio that he donated much of his purse to stop Antonio beating his ass.

Why don't you just listen to the punch live? There was a big noise from it. It may have been "loopy", but it was very well timed.
Works aren't for the purpose that there is no other way that result could be achieved, its to assure that it will happen...
A point spread in team sports makes it virtually 50/50. Players who fix games take money to shave points, meaning they don't win by a certain amount. That doesn't by any means mean that the other team couldn't have kept it that close without the guy shaving those points, it just assures the desired result is much closer to a sure thing. Phone Post

Exactly. People who are saying "Wouldn't have been easier/ more believable for Mckee to give up a submission?" either don't understand the objective of a work/dive or are unfamiliar w/ gambling/ betting odds.

And apparently you dont know the difference between a work and a dive. McKee took a dive and got out of a fight he knew he wasnt going to win

Maybe I don't. I thought a work meant both fighters were in on the fix whereas w/ a dive , it's just the one fighter who opts out early.
1/3/13 1:06 PM
HOLLYWOOD-MO

wasssp - 
HenryO - 
wasssp - 
explodin - 

Maybe I don't. I thought a work meant both fighters were in on the fix whereas w/ a dive , it's just the one fighter who opts out early.

A dive is where one fighter agrees to lose, prior to the fight. I'm not sure if Henry is insinuating that this is what happened; or that McKee knew (during the fight) that he couldn't beat Aoki, and decided to tap out. If it's the latter, it's not a dive in any sense. It's a clean loss, via tap.

A dive is agreed upon prior to the fight.
1/3/13 3:50 PM
ausgepicht

Wasa-B - 
GregBell  - 
Wasa-B - 
GregBell  - Antonio could bang the living piss outta aoki on the feet if he really wanted to.... im going to stop by the bodyshop and chop it up with tone about this one but I already know what it is.

What actually happened in the fight, so in reality, says different.

????

Exactly.

Wasa-B is right on this one. Absurd really to say someone who got outstruck and TKOed could have done the outstriking and TKOing if he wanted to. Who the hell thinks that way!?!? Who intentionally allows an opponent to outstrike and finish them, just because they don't feel like it!?!? Am I on bizzarro world?

1/3/13 4:13 PM
Ligeia420

ausgepicht - 
Wasa-B - 
GregBell  - 
Wasa-B - 
GregBell  - Antonio could bang the living piss outta aoki on the feet if he really wanted to.... im going to stop by the bodyshop and chop it up with tone about this one but I already know what it is.

What actually happened in the fight, so in reality, says different.

????

Exactly.

Wasa-B is right on this one. Absurd really to say someone who got outstruck and TKOed could have done the outstriking and TKOing if he wanted to. Who the hell thinks that way!?!? Who intentionally allows an opponent to outstrike and finish them, just because they don't feel like it!?!? Am I on bizzarro world?

Agreed. Aoki was the better man in the fight, simple as that. We've seen Aoki get KO'ed bad, just look at the Sakurai fight lol. If McKee could "bang the living piss" out of Aoki, why didn't he?
1/4/13 2:20 AM
knuckleballs

AresSmashedPrahjuhdee - 
Galanis - 

Let's not forget that Barnett once tapped to an eye strike from Crocop...

McKee really couldn't see, and might have been in a lot of pain (has anyone here ever been punched directly in your eyeball? It sucks fucking balls.)

That is not the face of a worked fight, sorry. I would be very surprised if it was a work. It looks more like a Bob Sapp-style "fuck this shit" tap, though, this is way more legit of a tap to me than Sapp's recent taps from strikes.

& The Amber lamp gets you a vote up, my fren'!!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.