UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How long will Overeem last at Cains pace?

12/31/12 2:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
irishrottie
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS and Cain showed very impressive cardio for hws. I cant see Overeem lasting for than 2 rounds at that pace before shutting down.

12/31/12 2:06 PM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How long will Cain be able to keep up such a pace if he's trying to take down someone much larger and stronger than JDS? Who will be crushing him with knees when Cain clinches?

It's an interesting fight. Of course first Overeem has to beat Bigfoot.

12/31/12 2:07 PM
morse
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very intresting matchup. Cain can eat a lot of knees diving for takedown or take Overeem down and gas him out inside 3 minutes. 

12/31/12 2:08 PM
morse
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn you orcus :)

12/31/12 2:10 PM
French Fries Malone
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He doesn't get past Bigfoot which makes this thread funny Phone Post
12/31/12 2:19 PM
shorebreaker420
1017 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

French Fries Malone - He doesn't get past Bigfoot which makes this thread funny Phone Post
Er er ya dork Phone Post
12/31/12 2:19 PM
Toquinho
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overeems last 10 fights ended in round 1 and feebin tko round 2 (except for the buttscoot scandal)

Overeem probably KOs cain in round 1 by knees followed by punches. If not then it gets interesting to see his ground skills and gas tank

Lol @ anyone taking bigfoot silva serious as a threat Phone Post
12/31/12 2:20 PM
epwar
604 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overeem was dead tired at the beginning of the second round of his rematch with Werdum.  So he gets finished in the second.

12/31/12 2:21 PM
epwar
604 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/31/12 2:21 PM
Toquinho -  Overeems last 10 fights ended in round 1 and feebin tko round 2 (except for the buttscoot scandal)

Overeem probably KOs cain in round 1 by knees followed by punches. If not then it gets interesting to see his ground skills and gas tank

Everyone said that about Bigfoot before his Fedor fight...

12/31/12 2:21 PM
Toquinho
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also if cain attacks overeem like he did to jds he is in trouble as this would mean he end up in the clinch and eats knees or eats power shots as reem does not throw jabs.

Cain is intelligent and will prob use other strategy, interesting fight. Phone Post
12/31/12 2:51 PM
MMALOGIC

overeem has 3 rounds of gas... physioligically that much muscle cannot likely last more than 2 rounds without gassing. You can watch the werdum fight and get an idea of what's gonna happen.

Cain is gonna destroy him.

Everyone is saying Overeem is devastating in the clinch... sure against K-1 fighters who have no grappling experience...

Against werdum how devestating was overeem in the clinch?  Cain is gonna destroy overeem.  JDS was a much better fight for the reem and still JDS would have beat him.

12/31/12 2:54 PM
kanotoa
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very interesting fight. I think Overeem will study the last fight and come up with a game plan: Circling and not moving backwards, keeping his damn hands up, staying off the cage.

I do think that cardio will be a serious factor if Overeem doesn't do major damage in the first.
12/31/12 2:59 PM
caseharts
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overeems take down defense is awesome. And he will have a huge strength advantage. Remember jds pushing off shots. Reem will be better at it. If it goes past 3 Cains probably winning but before that it's probably reem. Phone Post
12/31/12 3:49 PM
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess people forget that in order for Cain to take him down he is going to have to get close to Overeem. I put Overeems chances at landing some serious shots as high as Cain's getting inside on him. Underestimate Cain cannot stand and trade with Overeem like he did with JDS. It was JDS's hands that are dangerous, Overeem 8 different things to hit Cain with.
12/31/12 3:51 PM
D241
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't want to make a thread, so I'll just drop off this interesting tidbit here.

Cain Velasquez vs Alistair Overeem is the First Strikeforce HW Champion vs the Last Strikeforce HW Champion.

I just thought that was unique.

12/31/12 3:53 PM
caseharts
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 -

I didn't want to make a thread, so I'll just drop off this interesting tidbit here.

Cain Velasquez vs Alistair Overeem is the First Strikeforce HW Champion vs the Last Strikeforce HW Champion.

I just thought that was unique.

Vu this man Phone Post
12/31/12 4:16 PM
GarlicSauce

Cain shoots

Overeem clinches

Overeem nukes Cain with knees

Fight ends

12/31/12 4:18 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3 minutes Phone Post
12/31/12 4:23 PM
Dawggy
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toquinho - Overeems last 10 fights ended in round 1 and feebin tko round 2 (except for the buttscoot scandal)

Same thing said about Bigfoot/fedor Phone Post
12/31/12 4:26 PM
Toquinho

Fedor didnt adapt with mma the last yrs.
Silva vs fedor 2005 would be like zuluzinho.

Silva great tune up for Reem Phone Post
12/31/12 4:28 PM
SinCityHustler

At Cain's pace, he's exhausted after 1 round.  By round 2 he's really sucking air and on the verge of being put out.  The key for Overeem in this fight is to fight it at his pace, not Cain's.  How he accomplishes this is by staying on the outside and picking off Cain when he comes in.  Easier said than done, IMO.  

12/31/12 4:47 PM
Sprawl'n'Stall
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At LHW, Reem was superiorly gifted for 3 minutes then he started to gas. I don't see how his cardio can be better with all that additional muscle mass as a HW. But no doubt he can win in those first minutes! After that it's all Cain, no doubt.

12/31/12 5:00 PM
DWray
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

303 - I guess people forget that in order for Cain to take him down he is going to have to get close to Overeem. I put Overeems chances at landing some serious shots as high as Cain's getting inside on him. Underestimate Cain cannot stand and trade with Overeem like he did with JDS. It was JDS's hands that are dangerous, Overeem 8 different things to hit Cain with.

While I don't disagree, if Cain hits Overeem with that same right hand that he hit JDS with, Overeem is done.

JDS has an incredible chin, Overeem doesn't.
12/31/12 5:00 PM
orcus

"I don't see how his cardio can be better with all that additional muscle mass as a HW."

The UG physiologists will tell you it's because he's no longer killing himself to make 205.

12/31/12 5:06 PM
TaeKwonBendoTopTeam623

How long will Cain last when Reem knees him like he did Brock? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.