UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Loop Choke and Sweep from Butterfly Guard

1/1/13 1:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
eric-burdo
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Happy New Year, 2013!!! Please check out the new Richmond BJJ Academy Technique of the Month video for January, a loop choke from the butterfly guard, with an opportunity to sweep to the mount where you can also finish the loop choke. These positions are must-haves for beginners and advanced Jiu-Jitsu players alike! Let me know if you have any questions. Please go to our YouTube channel, subscribe, like and comment on our videos! Thanks for the support, and good training in the New Year to you all! Respectfully, Eric Burdo BJJ Black Belt and Head Instructor Richmond BJJ Academy Richmond, Virginia www.RichmondBJJ.com www.Facebook.com/RichmondBJJAcademy www.BJJRevolution.com
1/1/13 6:22 AM
joemasepoos
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very nice !! It's one of my favourite moves , I use it a lot .
1/1/13 6:23 AM
demandango
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks Phone Post
1/1/13 8:30 AM
Jasonbaldy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eric thanks for posting...great video my man
1/1/13 12:53 PM
aaronlapoi
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great move Eric! Sneaky and super tight. That is the choke Cassio Cardoso used to put to sleep (in about 20 seconds) a 250 pound genetic freak who visited our school one day and had the honor of rolling with Cassio for his first match.

P.S. Did you really film that today on New Years? If so, that's impressive.
1/1/13 6:25 PM
eric-burdo
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the positive feedback, folks. Glad you liked the techniques and video!

Aaron, the iron man! I would have loved to have seen Cassio work his magic. That guy is amazing! One of Carlson's best!

No, we filmed and edited yesterday (on New Years Eve).
1/1/13 6:29 PM
m.g
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great video!
1/2/13 10:32 AM
TJits73
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4later Phone Post
1/2/13 2:08 PM
eric-burdo

Today is the (official) 11th Anniversary of my Academy, and my personal 15th Jiu-JitsuVersary! So excited and happy!
1/3/13 11:54 AM
eric-burdo

We filmed an extra Technique of the Month video last night, we will edit the video and have it posted in a couple of days!
1/3/13 12:11 PM
htownbjj
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait to try it out, I use butterfly guard almost exclusively but never get loop chokes. I'm hoping these details will boost my success rate.

Thanks very much for the video.
1/3/13 12:43 PM
mrgoodarmbar
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eric-burdo - Today is the (official) 11th Anniversary of my Academy, and my personal 15th Jiu-JitsuVersary! So excited and happy!

Congrats! And nice vid.
1/3/13 4:04 PM
eric-burdo

htownbjj - Can't wait to try it out, I use butterfly guard almost exclusively but never get loop chokes. I'm hoping these details will boost my success rate.

Thanks very much for the video.

Awesome, I hope this helps. This is a high-percentage position for me, I use it all the time. Let me know if you have any problems!
1/3/13 4:05 PM
eric-burdo

mrgoodarmbar - 
eric-burdo - Today is the (official) 11th Anniversary of my Academy, and my personal 15th Jiu-JitsuVersary! So excited and happy!

Congrats! And nice vid.

Thanks, mrgoodarmbar!
1/4/13 12:22 PM
eric-burdo

TTT!
1/5/13 8:40 AM
eric-burdo

Lots of videos on our YouTube channel, please subscribe!
http://www.youtube.com/richmondbjjacademy
1/5/13 5:43 PM
biggator
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

worked on a white belt this week. haha i felt bad after i hit it. he had no clue what happened and looked very discouraged i let him take mount and attack for the rest of our round.
1/5/13 10:04 PM
eric-burdo

biggator - worked on a white belt this week. haha i felt bad after i hit it. he had no clue what happened and looked very discouraged i let him take mount and attack for the rest of our round.

ah ha ha ha! good stuff!
1/5/13 11:02 PM
mrgoodarmbar
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eric-burdo - Lots of videos on our YouTube channel, please subscribe!
http://www.youtube.com/richmondbjjacademy

Done.

Not sure what the main link is for my channel, but here's one of my vids related to what you're showing... it's a inverted half and loop choke combination. You should be able to subscribe from there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns_OPnIRJeI

There might be 1 or 2 of my kids, but I decided to keep those on facebook and use youtube for my bjj since we can only have 1 channel.
1/6/13 6:31 AM
Sapa
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks Phone Post
1/6/13 8:49 AM
ArmbarKing
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool technique, thanks.
1/6/13 12:57 PM
eric-burdo

for mrgoodarmbar.
1/12/13 10:00 AM
eric-burdo

Edited: 01/12/13 10:00 AM
http://www.graciemag.com/2013/01/rough-up-your-opponents-neck-to-mount-more-easily/

Made it on graciemag.com!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.