UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Loop Choke and Sweep from Butterfly Guard

1/1/13 1:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
eric-burdo
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/01/13 2:31 AM

Happy New Year, 2013!!!Happy New Year, 2013!!! Please check out the new Richmond BJJ Academy Technique of the Month video for January, a loop choke from the butterfly guard, with an opportunity to sweep to the mount where you can also finish the loop choke. These positions are must-haves for beginners and advanced Jiu-Jitsu players alike! Let me know if you have any questions. Please go to our YouTube channel, subscribe, like and comment on our videos! Thanks for the support, and good training in the New Year to you all! Respectfully, Eric Burdo BJJ Black Belt and Head Instructor Richmond BJJ Academy Richmond, Virginia www.RichmondBJJ.com www.Facebook.com/RichmondBJJAcademy www.BJJRevolution.com
1/1/13 4:18 AM
Vinnie G
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
1/1/13 4:50 AM
Robbied01
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
1/1/13 6:22 AM
screen name 2
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I definitely need to get better at collar chokes, ill try this next time i roll thanks.
1/1/13 9:32 AM
Herecomesthejester
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loop choke is probably my favourite gi choke. I like to do it from half guard though Phone Post
1/1/13 9:39 AM
RONINXOM
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Later Phone Post
1/1/13 9:41 AM
T-Ham
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Choke the face Phone Post
1/1/13 9:42 AM
sitchpack

Very opportunistic sub, it would be a.disadvantage to not be proficient at it. I get this all the time from knee shield half and butterfly. Will watch and VU when I get to a PC. Phone Post
1/1/13 6:22 PM
eric-burdo
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks guys, glad you like the video!

Yes, Bobs App...I am working with a new camera, and didn't take care of the settings when we filmed. I will have it worked out for our next video, thanks for the constructive criticism!
1/1/13 6:34 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you and Happy New Year.
1/1/13 8:04 PM
TKOhYeah
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Later Phone Post
1/1/13 10:19 PM
baby-silverback
347 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice! Phone Post
1/1/13 10:28 PM
burner22
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice! I catch this a bit, but often have trouble finishing the loop choke. Im thinking I should focus more on lifting the elbow of the hand that has the lapel yeah? Phone Post
1/1/13 10:32 PM
aNutterFedorFan
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4l8r Phone Post
1/1/13 10:43 PM
panic686
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

very cool
1/2/13 2:08 PM
eric-burdo

Today is the (official) 11th Anniversary of my Academy, and my personal 15th Jiu-JitsuVersary! So excited and happy!
1/2/13 2:17 PM
jasonhightower
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very nice!  Subscribed.

1/3/13 11:54 AM
eric-burdo

We filmed an extra Technique of the Month video last night, we will edit the video and have it posted in a couple of days!
1/3/13 12:05 PM
WidespreadPanic

Small movements, tight, good control, not a lot of 'talking'. My rating: A-

You should have done one where Uke is resisting Tori. Otherwise good instructional, Eric and Shane.

Happy 2013, trane hard. :)

1/3/13 12:48 PM
RPBJJ
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I tried this exact choke on a 175 lbs black belt last night. came CLOSE! lol! He back out of it and asks "did you just try to power loop choke me?" then preceded to smash the shit out of me.
1/3/13 1:24 PM
x FOX x
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobs App - White Balance, your video is hard to see because of your white balance, the white gi, and your mat color. Use a different color gi than white, and try to film on the mat, not on your logo. Good Video other than that.
Jesus I did t know we had Francis Ford Coppola here Phone Post
1/3/13 2:58 PM
cheesesteak
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thats a nice old school BJJ choke and sweep combo. I use it all the time. It's pretty subtle. I like it..Good ob guys!
1/3/13 3:58 PM
eric-burdo

RPBJJ - I tried this exact choke on a 175 lbs black belt last night. came CLOSE! lol! He back out of it and asks "did you just try to power loop choke me?" then preceded to smash the shit out of me.

Ah ha ha ha! Nice, man. It's good to keep those Black Belts in check, let 'em know who's boss (Blue Belts, obviously). Good training to you!
1/3/13 3:59 PM
eric-burdo

cheesesteak - Thats a nice old school BJJ choke and sweep combo. I use it all the time. It's pretty subtle. I like it..Good ob guys!

Yes, my teacher (Julio "Foca" Fernandez) taught this to me a long time ago, it's been a staple in my game for years. Glad you like the video!
1/3/13 4:41 PM
cheesesteak
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eric-burdo - 
cheesesteak - Thats a nice old school BJJ choke and sweep combo. I use it all the time. It's pretty subtle. I like it..Good ob guys!

Yes, my teacher (Julio "Foca" Fernandez) taught this to me a long time ago, it's been a staple in my game for years. Glad you like the video!

You know Eric, it's a small world after all!

I learned this choke from Roberto Maia at Boston BJJ. I know for the longest time in the 90's-2000's we've been rivals in the New England BJJ scene as our 2 schools were the oldest...But I too learned this choke years ago and our 2 schools have a great thing in common now days is that we practice good solid old school BJJ and it's awesome to catch newer school flashy guys with these solid bread and butter basics.

VTFU!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.