UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Loop Choke and Sweep from Butterfly Guard

1/4/13 12:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
eric-burdo
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheesesteak - 
eric-burdo - 
cheesesteak - Thats a nice old school BJJ choke and sweep combo. I use it all the time. It's pretty subtle. I like it..Good ob guys!

Yes, my teacher (Julio "Foca" Fernandez) taught this to me a long time ago, it's been a staple in my game for years. Glad you like the video!

You know Eric, it's a small world after all!

I learned this choke from Roberto Maia at Boston BJJ. I know for the longest time in the 90's-2000's we've been rivals in the New England BJJ scene as our 2 schools were the oldest...But I too learned this choke years ago and our 2 schools have a great thing in common now days is that we practice good solid old school BJJ and it's awesome to catch newer school flashy guys with these solid bread and butter basics.

VTFU!

Hi Cheesesteak,
Yes, that was a great time in the New England BJJ scene. I remember watching (and participating in) a lot of matches between our schools. I have a lot of fond memories, Jiu-Jitsu was so exciting back then.
As I've gotten a bit older, my game has really gone back to simple movements that don't rely on athleticism (this technique being a good example). No more flying through the air for me...I'm old! My back hurts! Ha ha!
Thanks for your kind words, good training to you, and take care!
1/5/13 8:41 AM
eric-burdo
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lots of videos on our YouTube channel, please subscribe!
http://www.youtube.com/richmondbjjacademy
1/5/13 9:20 AM
Tubarao
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn, lefty grip. :P Phone Post
1/12/13 10:01 AM
eric-burdo

http://www.graciemag.com/2013/01/rough-up-your-opponents-neck-to-mount-more-easily/

Made it on graciemag.com!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.