UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Alistair Overeem And Bob Sapp arm wrestle (vid)

1/2/13 8:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mancini 02er
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this guy is twice the size of steiner. Denis Cyplenkov

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VB199TUrVPA/UNJDBjf_9hI/AAAAAAAANBk/g39WG55ITq0/s1600/denis%2Bcyplenkov.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.strengthfighter.com/2012/12/denis-cyplenkov.html&h=532&w=800&sz=254&tbnid=1m6pPhfxufvQWM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=135&zoom=1&usg=__p82Oaa30JEs0W7PaGuV5VVVnOhM=&docid=fDzY_xVIMpyCFM&sa=X&ei=gdvkUIPSBcex0QHTiYD4CA&ved=0CDUQ9QEwAA&dur=548
1/2/13 8:19 PM
Chuckliddellstein
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony - Arm wrestling competitions are exciting as hell. Hard to watch though. The broken arms are terrible, and I'm always cringing the whole time waiting for somebody's arm to snap.
I remember there was an arm wrestling competition in my local hotel when I was younger, no names, just guys doing it for fun, I wasn't there, I was too young but my parents came Home and told me how this giant guys arm just snapped nearly as soon as it started. Said it was most horrible noise Phone Post
1/2/13 8:21 PM
hubris
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/2/13 8:22 PM
mancini 02er
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

match start at 2:40 Arsen vs Denis how does his arm not break here. what a war

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zfxq15Q0uw
1/2/13 8:24 PM
mancini 02er

^^ this guy is in this video ^^^^^^^
1/2/13 8:28 PM
BreakdanceFu

Found this..

http://www.xsportnews.com/armwrestling/devon-larratt-the-no-1-ranked-armwrestler-in-the-world-with-both-arms/

Pretty cool. Brzenk is still an absolute legend.

Devon, btw, is awesome at grappling/mma. Phone Post
1/2/13 8:30 PM
mancini 02er

Devon knows who to avoid though. just being honest. Arsen and Denis. just a couple years ago john brzenk was beating devon still
1/2/13 8:37 PM
Chuckliddellstein

I didn't realise there was such a big following for arm wrestling, It's kinda cool to see guys so into it. I haven't the first clue about it but Thanks for Sharing all this, I've enjoyed viewing it Phone Post
1/2/13 8:40 PM
mancini 02er

usa is the only country that drug tests for pro events. most euros are on the juice. they are all ranked high but wont see these top guys doing vendetta matches or anything here in the states because of the the test
1/2/13 8:40 PM
hubris
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mancini 02er - ^^ this guy is in this video ^^^^^^^

the Russian's arms are thicker than most people's legs
1/2/13 8:42 PM
mancini 02er

Edited: 01/02/13 8:42 PM
1/2/13 8:44 PM
mancini 02er

hubris - 

John Brzenk was beating him untill 2011. brzenk is more famous over seas than here in the states. he travels to all the world events unlike some other top guys. well he was doing it first back in the early 80's
1/2/13 9:18 PM
slo ko
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chuckliddellstein -  Sorry if posted before

http://youtu.be/0ZwMP3avuIE Phone Post

enjoyable thread.

voted up

1/2/13 10:04 PM
slo ko
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ohpossum - I helped Goodridge write his autobiography and am currently renting out his basement. He's doing great, considering.

He was a 9-time world champion and 11-time Canadian champion. He beat (and lost to) all the greats, including Brzenk and Cleve Dean. For those who know the scene, he is easily a top 5 GOAT arm wrestler for HW's. One of the coolest parts of helping write the book was all the info on arm wrestling I got to learn. It's a cool sport with a very interesting history.

For what it's worth, I traveled with him to a competition recently and I bet Ubereem and Sapp would beat him now if they know the basic fundamentals about arm wrestling technique.

Cool seeing a reference to his cousin Garvin on here.

Also, Muzalini knows what's up.

can you post a link to his book that will result in him seeing some percentage of the sale? I want to buy it.

thanks.

1/2/13 10:06 PM
D241

Why are you guys posting links/videos to "Pulling John" trailer?

I guess you guys didn't realize that I posted the entire documentary on an earlier page on this thread.

1/2/13 10:06 PM
ArmbarKing
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Devon is awesome, but I agree that he knows who to avoid. I think he needs to have a showdown with Denis, to really be the #1 guy.

Arm breaks don't happen often, and they usually happen with beginners who aren't being supervised by someone with experience. When you arm wrestle, always look at your hand. As soon as you look away and in the direction you are pulling, all the force is transferred to the humerus in a rotational fashion, and it breaks very easily. ALWAYS LOOK AT YOUR HAND.
1/2/13 10:20 PM
slo ko

shallowkal -  02.01.2013 - 23.08
Found her on facebook and thinley-veiled marriage proposal/message sent. The chic is only 21, awesome Phone Post

this is awesome. i love the UG

1/2/13 10:25 PM
OCMikelob
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love the production! I didn't even know about this until now. Thanks! Phone Post
1/2/13 11:40 PM
WidespreadPanic

^^ he looks, um, unusual. Denis Cyplenkov

1/3/13 10:31 AM
slo ko

ttt for someone to tell me where I can buy Gary's book.

I can certainly Google for it, but I want to pick a link that returns some percentage of sale to Gary.

Thanks.

1/3/13 10:34 AM
Chuckliddellstein

WidespreadPanic -

^^ he looks, um, unusual. Denis Cyplenkov

Lou ferigno? Phone Post
1/3/13 10:34 AM
Chuckliddellstein

Posted a thread with the same guys enjoying some tug of war, same show, just as good. Mark hunt is a beast! Phone Post
1/3/13 11:40 AM
OCMikelob
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chuckliddellstein - Posted a thread with the same guys enjoying some tug of war, same show, just as good. Mark hunt is a beast! Phone Post
For later! Thanks bro Phone Post
1/3/13 11:46 AM
Chuckliddellstein

OCMikelob -
Chuckliddellstein - Posted a thread with the same guys enjoying some tug of war, same show, just as good. Mark hunt is a beast! Phone Post
For later! Thanks bro Phone Post
Welcome man! Phone Post
1/3/13 6:20 PM
ohpossum
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slo ko - 

ttt for someone to tell me where I can buy Gary's book.

I can certainly Google for it, but I want to pick a link that returns some percentage of sale to Gary.

Thanks.

Hey thanks slo ko! Sorry for the slow response. Anywhere you get it, unless used, will get Goodridge royalties. Not sure if they still have signed copies but the publishers did for awhile. http://www.ecwpress.com/books/gatekeeper. If there are no signed copies left, Amazon is about 6-7 dollars cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/Gatekeeper-Fighting-Life-Daddy-Goodridge/dp/1550229931

Hope you enjoy it and I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.