UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Zach Ryder tweet

1/1/13 1:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MyUnclesCreepy
815 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
1/1/13 2:37 PM
The Dole Guy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is this jobber complaining about? Unless he has been backstage preaching that his character needs to evolve and drastically for the past year, I have no sympathy for this clown what so ever.

His YouTube show was original for it's time, 2+ years ago I should point out. However it sucked then and was barely watchable. WWE's other YouTube shows they have out now make Zack Ryder's look like a pile of shit, which exactly what Zack Ryder's character is as far as drawing power.

A flash in the pan if I have ever seen one. As said if he can pull off a huge character turn I am all in favor of it. The character he is presenting now is getting too much TV time as far as I am concerned. Although I think Zack Ryder has booked himself as such a 1 dimensional joke that a successful character change is going to be next to impossible.

Lastly I would not be surprised if Zack Ryder made a half million dollars in 2012 off of his contract and merchandise sales. He has nothing to bitch about.
1/1/13 3:03 PM
Winky is Wright
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully he starts shooting on creative again. Phone Post
1/1/13 6:49 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
891 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he's still surprisingly over.

1/1/13 6:53 PM
ArtMinaj

The Dole Guy - What is this jobber complaining about? Unless he has been backstage preaching that his character needs to evolve and drastically for the past year, I have no sympathy for this clown what so ever.

His YouTube show was original for it's time, 2+ years ago I should point out. However it sucked then and was barely watchable. WWE's other YouTube shows they have out now make Zack Ryder's look like a pile of shit, which exactly what Zack Ryder's character is as far as drawing power.

A flash in the pan if I have ever seen one. As said if he can pull off a huge character turn I am all in favor of it. The character he is presenting now is getting too much TV time as far as I am concerned. Although I think Zack Ryder has booked himself as such a 1 dimensional joke that a successful character change is going to be next to impossible.

Lastly I would not be surprised if Zack Ryder made a half million dollars in 2012 off of his contract and merchandise sales. He has nothing to bitch about.

Agreed.  He should really be greatful for how far he has come.

Everyone wants to be on top, some make it and some don't.  Ryder simply doesn't have what it takes.

Think of all the guys who bust their ass and never even make it onto TV.

1/1/13 6:59 PM
The Dole Guy

Ryder might have what it takes, but he has pigeon held himself as the guy that says "Whoo Whoo Whoo". He can have all the talent in the world, but trying to give himself credibility now is a feat even guys like Austin and Hogan could not pull off.

Will take some off the charts good booking to work, given WWE's track record I don't like his chances.

Zack Ryder has given himself career safety, at this stage he should be concerned with just keeping himself on the roster and not trying to change things up drastically as it is a huge risk. Once he changes things up and it doesn't work, which will likely happen, WWE will have no reason not to cut him.
1/1/13 7:15 PM
Winky is Wright
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryder has to turn on the fans soon.

I've said it many times on here, get Hawkins to do it! Phone Post
1/1/13 7:17 PM
ArtMinaj

Well he has used the whole "woo woo woo" to get over and hasn't really done much else.

The broski thing may have been funny and cute, but it is now old and he hasn't done anything else.

He should really be happy to still be working there and trying to better himself, not blaming others for dropping the ball on him.  That simply isn't the case.

1/1/13 8:04 PM
armbarheelhook
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's the gimmick guy.. He will never be as big as Cena, Show, etc.. career mid-carder imo..

They just need to find the next gimmick and repackage him with it.. Might i suggest turn him into a Duck Dynasty reject.. :) Phone Post
1/1/13 8:23 PM
MMAhaiku
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's ready for an anti-bro heel turn. Have Del Rio show him way of money, cars, and suits; maybe bring back Dibiase to team with him if they want give him dad's gimmick for real this time. Have ZR be a scummy rich guy until the next fad he can latch on to rolls around. Phone Post
1/2/13 12:40 PM
Wiggy
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I might be in the minority here, but here's my thoughts...

I know we all pretty much can't stand the massive push WWE puts on social media. Hashtag this, Tout that, and so on. However, if WWE is benefiting in any major way from the social media involvement they've undertaken, I would venture to say it was Ryder that opened their eyes to what social media could do for them after seeing the movement he created via YT/FB/Twitter.

I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but it sure seems like after they started giving Ryder a small push is when they really started on the social media bandwagon. I imagine they saw what Ryder was able to do with it, and them implemented it into their own overall plan. Of course, they beat it half to death, but that's a whole other story.

Just food for thought, FWIW.

(Or course, if Ryder is somewhat responsible for WWE getting on the social media bandwagon, it might be more reason for some of you to dislike him. lol)
1/3/13 3:55 AM
RUSRedDevil
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryder needs to look at Jericho age from rock and Rolla lion tamer to the Jericho he is today. There are a few steps to do this....

Jersey shore to more just jersey

Jersey to organized crime/money character can be a "dirty work guy sidekick"

Then he can go face by being bad guy .
with "old country" morals.

Do this turn over years he can evolve into a character he can pull off in his thirties and forties Phone Post
1/3/13 6:24 AM
torubu
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RUSRedDevil - Ryder needs to look at Jericho age from rock and Rolla lion tamer to the Jericho he is today. There are a few steps to do this....

Jersey shore to more just jersey

Jersey to organized crime/money character can be a "dirty work guy sidekick"

Then he can go face by being bad guy .
with "old country" morals.

Do this turn over years he can evolve into a character he can pull off in his thirties and forties Phone Post
He's from Long Island, God damnit! Not my Jersey Shore! Phone Post
1/8/13 6:13 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
891 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Can @WWE read? I have 989k twitter followers. @mikethemiz has 879k. #AREYOUSERIOUSBRO #HMMM" "So on #RAW it just showed the most followed superstars in @WWE and they just skipped me? #AREYOUSERIOUSBRO" "Hey @WWE. Whose decision was it to leave me off the "The World Follows WWE On Twitter" list? You can just DM me the answer. I won't tell." "Hey @WWE...#RyderHasMoreFollowersThanMiz is trending worldwide. :) Sorry @mikethemiz."
1/8/13 6:23 PM
MyUnclesCreepy
815 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - "Can @WWE read? I have 989k twitter followers. @mikethemiz has 879k. #AREYOUSERIOUSBRO #HMMM" "So on #RAW it just showed the most followed superstars in @WWE and they just skipped me? #AREYOUSERIOUSBRO" "Hey @WWE. Whose decision was it to leave me off the "The World Follows WWE On Twitter" list? You can just DM me the answer. I won't tell." "Hey @WWE...#RyderHasMoreFollowersThanMiz is trending worldwide. :) Sorry @mikethemiz."
He is pissed! Lol he needs to drop the briski angle and go heel with punk Phone Post
1/8/13 9:50 PM
G-Hands
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ Yes! He should go heel with Punk. Good call. If done even 60% correctly, this could be good for his career.

who would you feud him with?
1/8/13 10:13 PM
MyUnclesCreepy

G-Hands - ^^^ Yes! He should go heel with Punk. Good call. If done even 60% correctly, this could be good for his career.

who would you feud him with?
If it were me I'd fued put him in a solo angle against miz since he is turning face slowly Phone Post
1/9/13 12:00 PM
SamboMMA

Its critical in this day and age to keep your gimmick fresh. Years ago you could just go to another territory with the same gimmick and it would be fresh to a new audience [obviously this pre-cable tv boom] Ryder should have been thinking about his next gimmick when the Jersey Shore fad was starting to die out.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.