UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bisping on Vitor: It's going to be an easy night!

1/1/13 11:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BENDOver 209 Top Team #2
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FoluFam - Bisping I think will have realised very quickly that he has to be VERY vigilant and on-point in the first round of their fight. Vitor is a Serious fighter. He will come in looking to shut this guy up, like Hendo did. I personally think he lost, the moment he called his fight to be an easy win.. At last, we will see another spectacular knock, for the count, Bisping. Phone Post
I have no idea what the fuck you just said Phone Post
1/1/13 11:43 PM
xXJayRobXx
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've really grown to like Bisping over the last 3 years. But if Vitor can take advantage in the early rounds, his explosiveness will should be enough to bring down the Brit. Vitor by knock out in the first. Phone Post
1/1/13 11:44 PM
burner22
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingD87 - While Bisping has both the lower and upper body of a chicken. Phone Post
Haha nice. I think vitors muscle might work against him here tho. He must cut a ludicrous amount of weight to make 185. If the Brit can somehow make it out of the first round I think he's got a good chance.
Vitors got a good chance of KO ing him in the first tho, bisping starts slow. I'm thinking it's 50/50 Phone Post
1/2/13 12:04 AM
bknumber1
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping is the number two trash talker behind Sonnen. Why say a legend in MMA has a chicken heart? Well, as I see it the biggest strikers he has faced are Wand, Hendo, and Stann. He is 1-2 which isn't that bad. If he can stick and move, he can earn a boring decision. If he decisively engages, I think he gets finished. Vitor goes for the finish on the feet and the ground, but I agree his chances of winning a 5 round decision are not great. Phone Post
1/2/13 12:16 AM
dhughes
347 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like them both though pre-fight talk means absolutely nothing. I expect and hope for this to be a great fight.
1/2/13 12:26 AM
Vitor29
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lmao@ bisping being stronger than Vitor. You took nuthugging to the next level with that line. I also love the whole "ALL he has to do is make it out of the first two rounds", makes it sound so easy. Phone Post
1/2/13 12:50 AM
canadiankid

this might not be the correct thread but stann was bispings first win over a top 10 ranked fighter right ?
1/2/13 12:59 AM
UGSlapshot

Bisping will most likely get his ass handed to him. Phone Post
1/2/13 1:08 AM
tbi0904
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger - 
MasterofMartialArts - 
nick diaz nut hugger - @Lazer - I see Bisping putting on a fucking boxing clinic in this fight. Vítor will have no answer for the relentless pace and superior. Bisping by brutal UD or 3rd-round TKO. Bisping is going to work Vítor in this fight. I honestly don't know why Vítor would take this fight. I am so fucking stoked to see Bisping (my second fav fighter after Diaz) lay this ass whooping down Phone Post
I see your point and I agree to a certain extent. But who has Bisping really faced as dangerous as Vitor? He hasn't fought many great strikers. Obviously he has a great chance of winning a UD and outboxing Vitor, and out cardio'ing him. Vitor is hungry, and is looking for redemption. He has only been stopped by Randy (accumulation of strikes), and Anderson (had never been KO'd clean), but you think Bisping will be the one to finish him? It anything Bisping takes a decision. Phone Post

I don't see Vitor as hungry but don't think it would matter. Bisping, technically, is light years ahead of Vitor right now. His boxing is better, his cardio is better, he's stronger, he's faster, and he's not going to make any mistakes on the ground (not that it will ever go there unless Bisping wants it to in my opinion).

In a three-round fight, I would agree with you that the most likely scenario is a Bisping unanimous decision. However, in this five-round main event, I see Vitor getting VERY tired in the third, fourth, and fifth rounds, and Bisping's pace will undoubtedly be relentless. I see this fight ending by TKO before I see a five-round decision, honestly.

Stronger and faster? Don't get carried away.
1/2/13 1:58 AM
burner22
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what would sakuraba do - Imo, bisping & lombard are the few MWs who have what it takes to beat Silva. Weidman, also..but his striking sucks. Lombard imo is silva's living stylistic nightmare. 1 shot ko power, super speed, super technical, great chin, great TDs and sub off/def. Bis would straight outstrike silva, amitrollin?
Stylistically Lombard is a great match up for AS. The man is a midget for one, and like to attack for two. Perfect for ando to do what he does best and counterstrike KO him. Phone Post
1/2/13 2:03 AM
hogh20

bottom line, anybody who says this will be an easy fight for either fighter, is stupid. Number one contender fights are never easy!
1/2/13 2:04 AM
Enemies

Bisping: "Vitor will make for an easy fight. Walk into the ring. 2 minutes later I'll be taking a nap. Doesn't get much easier than that."
1/2/13 2:05 AM
bknumber1
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger -
bknumber1 -  Bisping is the number two trash talker behind Sonnen. Why say a legend in MMA has a chicken heart? Well, as I see it the biggest strikers he has faced are Wand, Hendo, and Stann. He is 1-2 which isn't that bad. If he can stick and move, he can earn a boring decision. If he decisively engages, I think he gets finished. Vitor goes for the finish on the feet and the ground, but I agree his chances of winning a 5 round decision are not great. Phone Post

Honestly, when was the last time Bisping won a boring decision? The guy brings it every time, all the time.

Not saying that is how it will happen, I just see that as his best chance of winning. IMHO I think he is getting KO'd. And since he seems to revel in playing the bad guy, I will enjoy it!

But he absolutely does come to fight every time, you are definitely right there. Phone Post
1/2/13 2:30 AM
UGK4Life
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Lombard but Anderson will take his lunch money. Much like Vitor will do to Bisping.

Vitor might as well tattoo "Pay up Sucka" on his hand before he falcon punches Bisping.

Damn he's fallen he can't get up!. Damn he's fallen he can't get up!!!!!!!!
1/2/13 3:07 AM
MasterofMartialArts
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger -
MasterofMartialArts - 
nick diaz nut hugger - @Lazer - I see Bisping putting on a fucking boxing clinic in this fight. Vítor will have no answer for the relentless pace and superior. Bisping by brutal UD or 3rd-round TKO. Bisping is going to work Vítor in this fight. I honestly don't know why Vítor would take this fight. I am so fucking stoked to see Bisping (my second fav fighter after Diaz) lay this ass whooping down Phone Post
I see your point and I agree to a certain extent. But who has Bisping really faced as dangerous as Vitor? He hasn't fought many great strikers. Obviously he has a great chance of winning a UD and outboxing Vitor, and out cardio'ing him. Vitor is hungry, and is looking for redemption. He has only been stopped by Randy (accumulation of strikes), and Anderson (had never been KO'd clean), but you think Bisping will be the one to finish him? It anything Bisping takes a decision. Phone Post

I don't see Vitor as hungry but don't think it would matter. Bisping, technically, is light years ahead of Vitor right now. His boxing is better, his cardio is better, he's stronger, he's faster, and he's not going to make any mistakes on the ground (not that it will ever go there unless Bisping wants it to in my opinion).

In a three-round fight, I would agree with you that the most likely scenario is a Bisping unanimous decision. However, in this five-round main event, I see Vitor getting VERY tired in the third, fourth, and fifth rounds, and Bisping's pace will undoubtedly be relentless. I see this fight ending by TKO before I see a five-round decision, honestly.

Don't agree with you man but its all good. Vitor is bigger, stronger, and faster with his hands. More muscle will obviously hurt Vitor from a cardio standpoint, he has to feed those muscles oxygen. Bisping hasn't faced a striker as dangerous as Vitor. I like Bisping and thought he won against Chael, but if he wins here, it will be a very technical boxing match and he gets the UD. But I'm also biased for Vitor. Agree to disagree man. Phone Post
1/2/13 3:20 AM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what would sakuraba do - So? Guess how many top 10ers silva fought before getting a titleshot. Rank means shit. There's a mw out there somewhere who barely breaks the top 100....who would mangle silva 10/10 but lose to every other mw top 20er. Its styles and skills that matter. Aka "FUCK YO RANKING SHIT HOMIE!"
What are you on? You couldn't be any more wrong. There are exactly 0 lower ranked middleweights that can beat Silva. Phone Post
1/2/13 3:33 AM
dahosse
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, I like mike, but I'm expecting him to get blitzed to death in the first 120 seconds, or thereabouts. His confidence is not proportional to the level of threat he's facing. Phone Post
1/2/13 3:40 AM
Frobenius

Easy fight for Bisping, should put him away without breaking a sweat.
1/2/13 4:51 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

RobinVanRooney - I live 15 minutes from where Bisping used to live in England and i don't even give him much chance. HOPE he can pull it off though, a finish would be huge.
Where about do you live? I'm in Preston. Phone Post
1/2/13 5:18 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Phone Post
1/2/13 5:59 AM
upgrayedd25
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im a HUGE vitor fan, but I just don't know which vitor will show these days. Franklin vitor or bones vitor. I just wish vitor would go to his old style and the counts head would shoot off like a Michigan running backs helmet!!! Phone Post
1/2/13 6:07 AM
j2b

Oh Michael.. Every time he has a contender spot he talks shit and gets beaten. Phone Post
1/2/13 7:55 AM
samcarr6

I've doubted bisping enough, I think he uses his wrestling to take this one. Phone Post
1/2/13 9:03 AM
Devlin
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vitor is a beast in the first, either he catchs bisping early or he gets wrecked late on, bisping isbtailor made for 5 rounds more than anyone else at 185 imo.

i wouldnt be shocked tobsee bisping using his wrestling for a round or 2 and making vitor work. Phone Post
1/2/13 9:21 AM
mghan44
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

upgrayedd25 -  Im a HUGE vitor fan, but I just don't know which vitor will show these days. Franklin vitor or bones vitor. I just wish vitor would go to his old style and the counts head would shoot off like a Michigan running backs helmet!!! Phone Post

I think you might be confusing different Vitors with different opponents.

The Vitor that showed up against Franklin was probably no different from the Vitor that showed up against Jones. Jon Jones is just not Rich Franklin (that's not a knock on Rich at all).

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.