UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Attn DFW: we want barnett!

1/16/13 6:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Shroom
319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barnett just passed his most recent test.

He's a changed man.
1/16/13 7:05 PM
cumprido1
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed!

How can barnett not be in the ufc? There are so many guys less deserving than him who fight over and over. Phone Post
1/16/13 7:23 PM
Kidcombo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was waiting for this thread to start, someone link it to his twitter...

Without a doubt , I'm in .

WAR BARNETT!!!
1/16/13 7:43 PM
alkysmurf
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread is 15 days strong someone get dfw's attention! Phone Post
1/17/13 1:04 AM
FullyLoadedFists
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
1/17/13 1:07 AM
parker2004

Signed. Hopefully Barnett does want to face legit competition. Phone Post
1/17/13 1:15 AM
treehugger
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed. Let him fight in the UFC please.
1/17/13 4:25 AM
DoubleBagger
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed. Give the fans what they want.
1/17/13 6:09 AM
Old Boxer

Signed. HW needs some new/old blood Phone Post
1/17/13 6:58 AM
Bodhidharma

Signed Phone Post
1/18/13 1:31 PM
alkysmurf
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still going Phone Post
1/18/13 5:58 PM
FullyLoadedFists

Yep Phone Post
1/22/13 11:12 AM
MuchRespec'
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sourire - 
MuchRespec' - 
Sourire - I would like to see Barnett back in the UFC on the condition he signs a $500,000 forfeiture clause in the event of a positive steroids test.

Paid money to see him fight Fedor and it would be nice to see him get burned as badly as the fans who couldn't get refunded airfare/hotels in the event he cheats again.

You do realize that Tom Attencio made that call right? Better question; who is Armando Garcia? And what is it he did (as the CSAC commissioner) that earned him a permanent job with Zuffa?

Dig just a little deeper bro, I'm asking nicely. Promoters disseminate lies and see it as 'just business'.

I'll ask nicely too because I'm curious of your take on it- do you think Barnett tested positive or is that a lie that has been disseminated?

Thanks, Sourire

I don't know or pretend to know.

I think it's very possible that he tested positive due to the ambush test (hadn't finished his cycle).

I also consider it very possible, especially considering those involved, that it was a hatchet job and that the samples were tampered with (as his camp claimed in that particular instance). Especially in light of the hiring of Garcia by Zuffa immediately after and Affliction jumping back into bed with the UFC (and saving a bunch of money on payroll by screwing every other fighter on the card out of their purse and blaming it all on Josh - the guy Dana White publicly hates the most).

I'm just saying I'm tend to be inclined to believe a fighter rather than a promoter (who's is a proven liar), but ultimately I don't know. I just don't agree with condemning a guy for the rest of his life over a situation so shady. Espeically when other's have been treated so much lighter for the exact same shit (repeat offenses).

As far as what I believe; I believe that nearly every pro is using something and that the UFC absolutely facilitates the use of PEDs through strict scheduling of medicals. And to think otherwise is just naive.

I believe is that the UFC HoF and pantheon of champions is full of juicers. I don't know but from what I witnessed at the time; Coleman, Randleman, Couture, Josh, Ricco, Sylvia... it's always been a 'dirty' sport. IMO.

What I'm sure of is that Barnett's first two positive tests (and I don't recall him actually denying either - what I remember is him saying, "I wouldn't have taken it if I knew they were going to test us" or something to that effect) were before the days of atheletic commission regulation. And that the positive test was only made public after Zuffa and Josh failed to come to terms over money.

Had Josh accepted whatever offer they made him at the time I truely believe we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Agree or disagree?
1/22/13 11:15 AM
MagSlim

signed
1/22/13 4:24 PM
alkysmurf

Keep it going. Josh is the only hw outside of the ufc with any kind of name recognition, if ufc doesn't sign him then I hope he gets used to bolster another orgs division. A win over Barnet is a significant feather in the cap of anyone able to pull it off. Phone Post
1/22/13 4:52 PM
Aadil
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Josh vs Cain would be awesome!

Signed.
1/22/13 5:11 PM
Christ Crapped in My Fish and Chips
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in

1/23/13 1:44 AM
FullyLoadedFists

MuchRespec' -
Sourire - 
MuchRespec' - 
Sourire - I would like to see Barnett back in the UFC on the condition he signs a $500,000 forfeiture clause in the event of a positive steroids test.

Paid money to see him fight Fedor and it would be nice to see him get burned as badly as the fans who couldn't get refunded airfare/hotels in the event he cheats again.

You do realize that Tom Attencio made that call right? Better question; who is Armando Garcia? And what is it he did (as the CSAC commissioner) that earned him a permanent job with Zuffa?

Dig just a little deeper bro, I'm asking nicely. Promoters disseminate lies and see it as 'just business'.

I'll ask nicely too because I'm curious of your take on it- do you think Barnett tested positive or is that a lie that has been disseminated?

Thanks, Sourire

I don't know or pretend to know.

I think it's very possible that he tested positive due to the ambush test (hadn't finished his cycle).

I also consider it very possible, especially considering those involved, that it was a hatchet job and that the samples were tampered with (as his camp claimed in that particular instance). Especially in light of the hiring of Garcia by Zuffa immediately after and Affliction jumping back into bed with the UFC (and saving a bunch of money on payroll by screwing every other fighter on the card out of their purse and blaming it all on Josh - the guy Dana White publicly hates the most).

I'm just saying I'm tend to be inclined to believe a fighter rather than a promoter (who's is a proven liar), but ultimately I don't know. I just don't agree with condemning a guy for the rest of his life over a situation so shady. Espeically when other's have been treated so much lighter for the exact same shit (repeat offenses).

As far as what I believe; I believe that nearly every pro is using something and that the UFC absolutely facilitates the use of PEDs through strict scheduling of medicals. And to think otherwise is just naive.

I believe is that the UFC HoF and pantheon of champions is full of juicers. I don't know but from what I witnessed at the time; Coleman, Randleman, Couture, Josh, Ricco, Sylvia... it's always been a 'dirty' sport. IMO.

What I'm sure of is that Barnett's first two positive tests (and I don't recall him actually denying either - what I remember is him saying, "I wouldn't have taken it if I knew they were going to test us" or something to that effect) were before the days of atheletic commission regulation. And that the positive test was only made public after Zuffa and Josh failed to come to terms over money.

Had Josh accepted whatever offer they made him at the time I truely believe we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Agree or disagree?
Agreed Phone Post
1/23/13 11:39 PM
Arecsa
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana had a bit of a smile when asked about Barnett in the press conference scrum. I think he's coming across for sure.
1/23/13 11:40 PM
MdGeist

Signed

1/23/13 11:52 PM
Ep32nv
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah bring him in Phone Post
1/26/13 3:40 PM
alkysmurf

Ttt, come on Dana let josh prove himself Phone Post
1/26/13 4:42 PM
warez
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bring on the Warmaster!

Do it Dana.

1/28/13 6:20 PM
chokeyou

update?
1/28/13 7:58 PM
alkysmurf

Dfw said it seems likely, but he didn't say it in this thread, and he didn't say yes its a go 100%.

So we're still waiting for Dana to say it officially Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.