UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> What's Raw Missing

1/1/13 6:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there's that one factor I feel their missing to make it a complete show...is it the crowd? Because we've seen them turn an average Raw to a great one few months back lol, I feel the storylines and up and coming stars are being properly used right now.

1/1/13 8:53 PM
mancini 02er
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

depth. lack of top faces and heels. no real stories. should always have some other stuff going on other then the main draw. bad writing
1/1/13 9:46 PM
Matt "Meals on Wheels" Hitman
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Triple H
1/1/13 10:12 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YES, more HHH

1/2/13 12:04 AM
vengence
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

more run ins
1/2/13 2:54 AM
HIGHROLLER TanDude
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Peoples Champ.
1/2/13 5:26 AM
RML
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Raw has been better since the shield and now zigglers little stable. Give me more of that. Phone Post
1/2/13 10:03 AM
CMX
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cena as a heel
Ryback as a monster heel, monster face is annoying

Punk as a face, but a stone cold type face not a fan ass kissing face Phone Post
1/2/13 11:38 AM
CryLikeAGirl
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Punk really got over when he was on commentary.  I don't understand why they felt the need to have him stray from that character.

1/2/13 11:54 AM
dangerboy12
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They need to change what pro wrestling is.

They will never get new adults watching because the mathces look fake as hell. They have always looked fake as hell, but it wasn't until the rise of MMA that people saw how fake it actually is.

If WWE made a real effort to make their matches look more real, they would be able to attract new adult fans. Right now, no adult is gonna start watching WWE. It's just not happening. The only fans WWE can even target are current fans, and kids. Because Pro Wrestling matches are just so damn stupid looking to any adult not conditioned (through years of watching) to accept the bullshit.
1/2/13 5:28 PM
CryLikeAGirl

The reason the Attitude era was awesome was because of the very real violence in and outside the ring.  They are NEVER going back to that.

1/2/13 5:39 PM
CryLikeAGirl

How many times in the past 5 years can you remember being on the edge of your seat during a match because you just knew something crazy was going to happen in the ring.  I know the smaller promotions have their spot fest matches, but it's different when it happens in the WWE on the big time stage.  There's nothing like when Shane climbed the Titantron and jumped 3 or 4 stories or when Jeff Hardy jumped off that gigantic ladder, or the old Mick Foley/Hell in a Cell spots.

There have been only a few matches recently where I really had a vested interest in the outcome.  Punk/Cena at last year's MITB was great.  I was even interested in the Ryback/Punk HITC match just because it was unpredictable.  I don't need super crazy spot fest matches with over the top violence, just interesting matches.  We see the same guys fight show after show and it get's a little boring watching Cena beat the same guys week after week.

1/2/13 6:01 PM
dangerboy12
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

exactly. If the matches aren't gonna look real, they should at least have some daredevil aspects to get interest, as much as I hate that aspect.

The matches these days offer nothing, and no amount of "psychology" can fix that. Everyone know it's bullshit.
1/2/13 7:04 PM
Galanis
535 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dangerboy12 - They need to change what pro wrestling is.

They will never get new adults watching because the mathces look fake as hell. They have always looked fake as hell, but it wasn't until the rise of MMA that people saw how fake it actually is.

If WWE made a real effort to make their matches look more real, they would be able to attract new adult fans. Right now, no adult is gonna start watching WWE. It's just not happening. The only fans WWE can even target are current fans, and kids. Because Pro Wrestling matches are just so damn stupid looking to any adult not conditioned (through years of watching) to accept the bullshit.

This exactly. I was just have the same conversation earlier today where I basically quoted this verbatim. It seems quite obvious to me that anyone who isn't a child will never be able to just get into wrestling. Times are very different now. Even movie fight scenes have had to adapt since MMA exploded

1/2/13 7:41 PM
bigironmike79
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

there's that one factor I feel their missing to make it a complete show...is it the crowd? Because we've seen them turn an average Raw to a great one few months back lol, I feel the storylines and up and coming stars are being properly used right now.

Just watched hogan vs rock in the greatest entrances thread. That crowd was fucking electric. But u gotta draw some adults into the product to produce those type of crowds. U could have that same match today and it wouldn't get nearly the reaction it did back then(5 yr olds wouldn't get it). Of course u had real superstars back then. Not cookie cutter sports entertainers. Don't really know what raw is missing. But whatever is going on right now is not getting it done. Just bring back the hardcore title n puppies for gods sake. It might help. Phone Post
1/2/13 8:18 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I mean the crowd for Raw after WM and Raw 1000 was pretty damn epic...we need that love back baby lol.

1/2/13 8:21 PM
TheBearStare
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my answer is similar to some of the one's above. honestly, i think the product is just too fake looking all around(ring work, promos, storylines.) I am not a regular viewer for several years and only recently watched a few episodes of raw. Every match looks fake and choreographed as hell, every promo comes off fake as hell. Even if everyone knows wrestling is fake you are at least supposed to believe its real or buy into it momentarily. Attitude era had a lot wrong with it but things felt fresh. When stonecold or someone spoke a big part of buying into it is because the character believed what they were saying. A big part of that is i think there was a lot more improvising and developing your own material. They were able to be themselves and use some creativity. personally from my limited viewing i dont think the problem is that its aimed at kids. hogan was aimed at kids and familys and i still think the old stuff is awesome. the thing is the stuff in the 80s like matches and promos were "real" and fresh because wrestlers could use their own creativity. matches were more organic and were able to develop. they didnt just follow some ballet routine.
1/2/13 8:38 PM
TheBearStare
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow i wrote that very poorly
1/2/13 8:45 PM
bigironmike79
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

I mean the crowd for Raw after WM and Raw 1000 was pretty damn epic...we need that love back baby lol.

Those were special though. How many of those fans were kids? It was a crowd full of dudes like us at those raw's. Phone Post
1/2/13 9:01 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

they some how need to draw those fans back, like you guys had mentioned.

1/2/13 9:17 PM
bigironmike79

Titties blood n curse words. Phone Post
1/2/13 9:19 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

YES!

1/3/13 1:28 PM
UGCTT_whittaker_is_the _real_demolition _man
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are there less wrestlers on the roster these days? I tried watching Raw since I got WWE '13 for Christmas and it seems to be pretty much the same thing every show and I'm only ever interested in one or two matches maybe I'm looking back through rose tinted glasses or if it was because I was a kid but I don't remember that being the case when I used to watch it.
1/3/13 2:33 PM
UGCTT_Jay Edz
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate the god damn social media aspects.....but I see its worth. Phone Post
1/8/13 2:16 PM
vengence
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

santino needs to go heel too

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.