UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dan 'The Beast' Severn announces retirement

1/1/13 8:00 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Happy New Year to all. The year has come to an end. It is usually during the week of Christmas, and New years hat I am the slowest. It gives me time to reflect, and take a look at the goals I set for this past year, to see how I did, and to look adding any new goals for the up-coming year.

I will no longer be stepping into the cage as a competitor. The number one goal I set for myself in 2012 was to be finished with my Mixed Martial Arts competition career. I was attempting to do my own self-directed retirement tour in the last couple of years reaching out to only three people...Mark Coleman, Ken Shamrock, and Royce Gracie. I spoke to two of them directly (Mark & Ken), and through representative (MGR) for Royce Gracie. It seems as though these matches will not take place for whatever reasons and my life now goes on to the next chapter.

read more...

1/1/13 8:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BeatonHauff
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn that took a long time Phone Post
1/1/13 8:02 PM
Willin
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/01/13 8:02 PM

1/1/13 8:12 PM
awesomestprime
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit he was still fighting?
1/1/13 8:15 PM
ChaosOverkill
741 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for a legend

1/1/13 8:16 PM
BLACKBUDDAH
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I met Dan at the power MMA grand opening and he told me he wanted to have 1 more fight and go out on a win. he said he didn't want to lose to some up and coming kid but would rather fight someone like a legend. he said if he started taking steroids he would fight Brock Lesnar and he would rip Brocks arm off and beat him over the head with it... true story. Phone Post
1/1/13 8:20 PM
yabadaba
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesomestprime - Holy shit he was still fighting?

I think people were saying the same thing 10 years ago.

ttt for a legend.

1/1/13 8:24 PM
Immaculata
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willin - 

Priceless.
1/1/13 8:30 PM
sgotwalks
1664 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whooo! At first I thought it was DamnSevern and I was like, "NOOOOOOOOOOOO, not again," but then I realized I totally misinterpreted the thread title. That's good news.

1/1/13 8:30 PM
yabadaba
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/1/13 8:37 PM
GladiatorGannon
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did he get his hundred wins?
1/1/13 8:39 PM
sgotwalks
1664 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bornop -  Search function Phone Post

Huh?

1/1/13 8:39 PM
caposa
1844 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

according to Sherdog his final record was 101-19

1/1/13 8:45 PM
fightsfan
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Although his extended career was not championship level he was a legend in his time for sure and deserves kudos as such.
1/1/13 9:07 PM
JLTECH

GladiatorGannon - Did he get his hundred wins?
Yes he did

Thanks for all the memories

Dan the beast severn Phone Post
1/1/13 9:13 PM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT FOR AN AWESOME FIGHTER WHO GAVE US LOTS OF MEMORABLE FIGHTS Phone Post
1/1/13 9:20 PM
ChaosOverkill
741 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BOGIE -  Yen years too late. Phone Post

You do realize he won 8 of his last ten and more and enjoyed what he did more than anyone even at his age?

But no you know when when people must stop doing what they love, especially cause you're some internet troll looking for attention.

You go girl!

1/1/13 9:27 PM
THE BODY BAG

Dan was a legend in the greatest era of no holds barred fighting. His pre fight promos were great. I didn't know he was still competing.
1/1/13 9:41 PM
strikersupreme
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im proud to call Dan friend. One of the smartest funniest kindest people I have ever know... Thanks for he memories Dan Phone Post
1/1/13 9:48 PM
mmamonstar

I've met Dan several times in Columbus, oh and at West Virginias first mma event. Thanks for all the autographs n pics n all the great fights you put on. Good luck and enjoy retirement Phone Post
1/1/13 10:07 PM
ddramone

Thank you Dan! You are pioneer,a true gentleman and legend of the sport.
1/1/13 10:08 PM
mikehotel
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got to train with Dan a couple times, great guy. Amazing he's still fighting Phone Post
1/1/13 10:30 PM
GladiatorGannon
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Had the honor of fighting on the same card as Dan one night. As he frequently does, he was doubling up, and teaching a seminar the next day. I was hurting the next day, but I'm sure he was too, and I dragged myself out to learn from the legend. I was surprised (shoudn't have been) at how solid and technical it was, just great, fundamental wrestling for MMA stuff with great anecdotes mixed in. It was at a TMA school, and he was really blowing some turbans off all the blackbelts with how efficient and artful good wrestling was. Great seminar, great weekend.
1/1/13 10:45 PM
rebel927

www.winbyfall.com

Movie starring Dan Severn
1/1/13 11:01 PM
Dirk Bevlin
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eis Polla Eti Despota! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.