UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dan 'The Beast' Severn announces retirement

1/2/13 10:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tom Erikson
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan Severn was the guy responsible for opening the flood gates of wrestlers entering into MMA. If it where not for him and Mark Coleman you wouldn't have seen the rush of wrestlers entering into MMA. They would of found there way in at some point but it was Dan Severn that showed us the way.
Thank You Dan!
1/2/13 10:16 AM
beanouno
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom Erikson - Dan Severn was the guy responsible for opening the flood gates of wrestlers entering into MMA. If it where not for him and Mark Coleman you wouldn't have seen the rush of wrestlers entering into MMA. They would of found there way in at some point but it was Dan Severn that showed us the way.
Thank You Dan!
TTT for an awesome response/insight Phone Post
1/2/13 12:10 PM
spideynhb
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Respect to THE BEAST!

1st Ultimate Ultimate Winner!
1/2/13 1:28 PM
Rob San Soo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the old greats ! I can still remember the early days by far my favorite years. Cheers enjoy Phone Post
1/2/13 1:31 PM
Atomic
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I ran into him back in late 2011, while he was on his way to visit his accountant in BC. I was there for a meeting as well and he had followed me over from a legal office just across the road, I asked him if he was stalking me, then shook his hand and said hello.

Great guy.
1/2/13 2:03 PM
knuckleballs

Nothing but love for the Beast. Thanks for all the great memories, Dan. Thanks for showing all of us that you can still be fighting as a pro into your 50's and still be healthy.

Best wishes to you.
1/2/13 2:38 PM
mjm345
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for a legend Phone Post
1/2/13 3:07 PM
Another Foob
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for a pioneer and legend in MMA.
1/2/13 3:23 PM
Drunkenirishfc
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
1/2/13 5:21 PM
MountainMedic
729 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't believe how few post are on this thread

Fackin Foobs! !!

A legend, he had a huge impact on the game & looked dashing while he did it. That's right, I said dashing! Phone Post
1/2/13 5:52 PM
buddie
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big fan, thanks for everything you did for this sport and for all the training you provide to LEO.

Legend!
1/2/13 6:49 PM
GladiatorGannon
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MountainMedic -  Can't believe how few post are on this thread

Fackin Foobs! !!

A legend, he had a huge impact on the game & looked dashing while he did it. That's right, I said dashing! Phone Post

The Beast ain't cool enough for the 12ers.
1/2/13 11:59 PM
MRPLOW

A LOT of his fights were works, he should have been blacklisted from fighting 15 years ago. Tarnished his legacy.
1/3/13 12:55 AM
Lux Fixxins
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MRPLOW - A LOT of his fights were works, he should have been blacklisted from fighting 15 years ago. Tarnished his legacy.

Prove it.
1/3/13 2:34 AM
BALLSDEEP
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the first fighters I ever met, bout 11 years ago. Dude was cool. Think I still have the pic.
1/3/13 2:38 AM
BENDOver and Take it Like a Diaz
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom Erikson - Dan Severn was the guy responsible for opening the flood gates of wrestlers entering into MMA. If it where not for him and Mark Coleman you wouldn't have seen the rush of wrestlers entering into MMA. They would of found there way in at some point but it was Dan Severn that showed us the way.
Thank You Dan!

This.

1/3/13 6:02 AM
Pro Ice
2049 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

1/3/13 6:18 AM
per
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta love the man's attitude. He always seemed so positive and really did what he enjoyed doing. Like 9 or so years back He said in an interview that he may have one or two more years left and would like to finish his career where it started, in the UFC. It was not to be but he enjoyed competing too much to quit, constantly fighting in regional shows, as he said, "I have a competitive heart and like to stay out there and give small promoters a name to help fill their seats".

Granted, he fought guys who were like 3-8 and so on but anyway, how much bloody drive do you need at 50 to be able to still compete with 25-year olds? Dude is cool, no doubt about it.

Royce is only interested in a huge, huge fight so that was not to be. Coleman could use some extra cash but he said himself he is a LHW now and Dan must lose plenty of pounds first, that would not happen either. I'm sure Dan is happy with what he has done anyway and I wish him all the best in this new chapter of his life.
1/3/13 6:29 AM
DreamerMMA
635 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator

One of the pioneers and legends, we'll miss you Dan.

1/3/13 7:05 AM
theshooter

What's so amazing about Dan Severn is that he started MMA at an age when a lot of athletes would be retiring. He was like 37 or 38 when he fought in his first UFC back in 1994. It's amazing that he remained in the game for as long as he did. Just imagine if MMA had been around when he was a teenager.
1/3/13 7:13 AM
theshooter

It's too bad rematches against Mark Coleman, Ken Shamrock, and Royce Gracie never came together for Dan Severn.
1/3/13 7:13 AM
theshooter

It's too bad rematches against Mark Coleman, Ken Shamrock, and Royce Gracie never came together for Dan Severn.
1/3/13 8:07 AM
Flannerz
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone got any idea why the Coleman, Shamrock and Gracie rematches never happened?
1/3/13 9:26 AM
bcolflesh
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Flannerz - Anyone got any idea why the Coleman, Shamrock and Gracie rematches never happened?

Rumors:

Royce asked for crazy money that no promoter would ever put up.

Coleman wants the fight at LHW or lower.

Shamrock does not want the fight.
1/3/13 11:26 AM
Luigipe

TTT for a great pioneer and a legend in MMA, the last fight should be against other old leyend like Coleman, or Shamnrock, i think

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.