UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 2013's BOLDEST New Year's Resolution you'll hear!

1/2/13 11:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_stuffadamdoes
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justinthevikingwren -
ItBurnsWheniOG -  Where do I donate? I'll set a slave free! Phone Post

THAT is what I am hoping to get the UG's help with! 

Should we start a kickstarter or some sort of other crowd funding website???

I don't know if kickstarter would work. They don't do non-profit/benefit stuff. What was the name of the one we have been using for #FranksFight? Phone Post
1/2/13 2:22 PM
justinthevikingwren
1385 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_stuffadamdoes -
justinthevikingwren -

I don't know if kickstarter would work. They don't do non-profit/benefit stuff. What was the name of the one we have been using for #FranksFight? Phone Post
I forget what that is called, I know they say they don't do non-profits and stuff... So I've been thinking what if we didn't say that, and say something creative, like if it is for profit but for profit for Pygmies?

Or what if we did the fundraiser and say its to raise money for the documentary that is going to come out of living in a twig and leaf hut for a year and setting slaves free?

By the way... My desire is if an organization gets birthed out of this and people can donate that me, and if there are any employees that we don't get paid out of the donations people are wanting to go directly to the Pygmies. So that we will have another source of income... Or like me. If I start this thing, that maybe there are two donations links. One huge one saying set a slave free or save a slave and 100% of that goes straight to that. Then a little bitty link underneath it that says something about... "feed a Viking" or something and that be the money I can touch if this is what I'm gonna do and survive on. But that is my desire, not to ever have peoples donations they think are going to good and it's going to someone here. I want it to go STRAIGHT where the supporter wants it to go! And if people personally want to support me they can, but I'd rather them support the Pygmies and what they want it to go to FIRST. Phone Post
1/2/13 2:54 PM
UGCTT_sideshowsteve
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justinthevikingwren - 
Carson's Corner radio show -

BTW Justin, come on Carson's Corner sometime! I think everyone can appreciate that you're trying to do good here and the fact is, pygmys are a curosity factor which a lot of people have forgotten about. Remember when that would be the answer to a Trivial Pursuit question or something? Sounds pretty interesting.

Forgotten... Funny you say that. People call them the forest people... But the call themselves "the forgotten people."

Thought of naming whatever this turns into "The fight for the forgotten."

Let me know what ya think about that... Didn't know if it would stick. Phone Post

Fight For The Forgotten is perfect. Really eloquent.
1/2/13 3:23 PM
GregNoActionJackson
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're a solid dude and an excellent role model. Thank you for sharing Phone Post
1/2/13 3:27 PM
Loser Born Natural
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye - You're a good dude Justin Wren Phone Post
This. Phone Post
1/2/13 3:45 PM
justinthevikingwren
1385 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_sideshowsteve -
justinthevikingwren - 
Carson's Corner radio show -

BTW Justin, come on Carson's Corner sometime! I think everyone can appreciate that you're trying to do good here and the fact is, pygmys are a curosity factor which a lot of people have forgotten about. Remember when that would be the answer to a Trivial Pursuit question or something? Sounds pretty interesting.

Forgotten... Funny you say that. People call them the forest people... But the call themselves "the forgotten people."

Thought of naming whatever this turns into "The fight for the forgotten."

Let me know what ya think about that... Didn't know if it would stick. Phone Post

Fight For The Forgotten is perfect. Really eloquent.
"People Worth Fighting For"

What about that one?

Fight For The Forgotten is what has always stuck out to me. Phone Post
1/2/13 3:46 PM
justinthevikingwren

GregNoActionJackson - You're a solid dude and an excellent role model. Thank you for sharing Phone Post
Thanks bro Phone Post
1/2/13 3:46 PM
justinthevikingwren

Loser Born Natural -
Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye - You're a good dude Justin Wren Phone Post
This. Phone Post
Thanks guys! Phone Post
1/2/13 8:03 PM
SkinnyDog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subed Let us know when you get a account set up. Even just a paypal one or something to get the ball rolling
1/2/13 8:07 PM
UGCTT_stuffadamdoes
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justinthevikingwren -
UGCTT_stuffadamdoes -
justinthevikingwren -

I forget what that is called, I know they say they don't do non-profits and stuff... So I've been thinking what if we didn't say that, and say something creative, like if it is for profit but for profit for Pygmies?

Or what if we did the fundraiser and say its to raise money for the documentary that is going to come out of living in a twig and leaf hut for a year and setting slaves free?

By the way... My desire is if an organization gets birthed out of this and people can donate that me, and if there are any employees that we don't get paid out of the donations people are wanting to go directly to the Pygmies. So that we will have another source of income... Or like me. If I start this thing, that maybe there are two donations links. One huge one saying set a slave free or save a slave and 100% of that goes straight to that. Then a little bitty link underneath it that says something about... "feed a Viking" or something and that be the money I can touch if this is what I'm gonna do and survive on. But that is my desire, not to ever have peoples donations they think are going to good and it's going to someone here. I want it to go STRAIGHT where the supporter wants it to go! And if people personally want to support me they can, but I'd rather them support the Pygmies and what they want it to go to FIRST. Phone Post
The documentary would work for kickstarter for sure. Phone Post
1/2/13 8:09 PM
mmavixen
1121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very proud to have people like you Justin in the MMA Community.  You are an inspiration.

1/2/13 9:46 PM
SesameTako
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where can one donate and keep up to date on your mission? Phone Post
1/3/13 1:33 AM
Rear Naked Chode
640 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To the tittybar.
1/3/13 1:47 AM
kgastelum928
340 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very selfless thing. When I get my green-name, I'm voting up.
1/3/13 2:13 AM
Jei
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Id be down to help market the program. Im a student atm so I'm broke but could definitely donate time and effort into helping any way I can.

Much respect to a great man and a great cause. Phone Post
1/3/13 3:01 AM
the geek
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You have my full support Justin. Very very very proud of what you are accomplishing here bro. Phone Post
1/3/13 3:22 AM
yellow's Tap In
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely need to journal your time there, will help keep the word out and the cause alive

Get them pygmys son!
1/3/13 3:24 AM
Hessian
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3t
1/3/13 3:53 PM
Rear Naked Chode
640 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt
1/3/13 4:08 PM
meth wizard
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How does one donate money to your cause? Phone Post
1/3/13 5:07 PM
TuLegit

Good luck overseas young Viking. Phone Post
1/3/13 5:25 PM
EyEHaVeYoU

How can we help? Phone Post
1/4/13 5:39 PM
SesameTako
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin,
In case the thread drops, email me at trtamashiro2000@gmail.com when you're set up for donations. I'd like to help. Phone Post
1/4/13 8:31 PM
xxxxxxxx
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would literally have paid right now to have an imprint of a family I helped and pretty sure I could convince lots of people with something tangible like that.

One condition though, I've seen your photos for a couple of months now. I want a Justin Wren guarantee my money is going to the right place.

Giving is easy. Trusting is not.

Make this easy dude
1/7/13 4:17 PM
justinthevikingwren

xxxxxxxx - 
I would literally have paid right now to have an imprint of a family I helped and pretty sure I could convince lots of people with something tangible like that.

One condition though, I've seen your photos for a couple of months now. I want a Justin Wren guarantee my money is going to the right place.

Giving is easy. Trusting is not.

Make this easy dude

Everything is falling into place! TODAY I officially received my nonprofit status!!! 

1 Viking
1 Jungle
1 Year
1,000 MINIMUM slaves set FREE!

Donation link: (I'll be needing a landing page at least for Pygmy Project Info!) https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=kbm&id=5

That not the only excitement! As this is absolutely my nonprofit, my vision, and me risking my own neck in the Eastern Congo jungle... In addition I have been granted a covering from over 25 year nonprofit that will hold me to the highest financial accountability there is! I will be required annual outside audits and is held to standards higher than the IRS requires :-) 

This is why it has taken me FIVE long months after an innocent infant died in my hands to be willing to accept donations... I didn't want something in the slightest to look fishy, or even in the SLIGHTEST have people wonder like you already are.

The organization that is actually accepting the donations is a nonprofit I have been incredible friends with for years. They will basically be the middle man with the money, and they will do all the accounting (because I suck at it) and help me focus on just doing good. I will see every donation, but I won't be responsible for the administration stuff. 

Anytime I want to do something with the money I tell them with a written notice of what it is for first. Then they release it, then I provide them with a receipt afterwards for tax documentation. They also will give out the Tax Write Off Info for my donors or my "Support Tribe." It is my nonprofit. It is my vision. It is me who will be in the Congo, on the ground, for (hopefully) a full year. I will be the one MAKING SURE it gets where it is said it will go :-) 

The reason for this is I wanted and then SOUGHT out the best financial accountability I could find. The ECFA. The only problem was that it took years of being up and running to get their seal of financial accountability... So we had to get creative :-)  

I have friends that are so good to me they are willing to cover me with their 25 year seal of financial accountability with the ECFA to START my nonprofit! All that means is they do the paperwork, as a favor, because they really believe in this :-)  

My mission is to set a 1,000 slaves MINIMUM FREE. 

I saw earlier today that a Honey Badger BBQ sauce raised 50,000 in donations!!! $50,000 in donations will provide this...

-1,000 men, women, children slaves their FREEDOM... Their LIBERATION! 
-Hundreds (Around 300 acres) of already negotiated PERFECT uncut virgin rainforest to live in. 
-Water well dug, clean-crisp water flowing
-Agriculturalists paid... Corn & bean crops growing
-Tilapia stock pond dug, fish farming!
-Chickens and a coop for eggs & meat!
-School built!
-Headmaster paid! First ever officially recognized Congolese Pygmy school... I already know the Headmaster and had him agree :-) $600 is his yearly salary!
-Teacher paid! 

Guys I'm thinking this is going to be bigger than what I've written down here! That's why I say 1,000 slaves MINIMUM!  I've talked to a academy award winning documentary director & Oscar nominated directors and three other filmmakers! They think if I could do a kickstarter video and campaign to do a documentary that could be HUGE! Have the proceeds from the one year in the jungle documentary go straight back to the project! 

I've seen 19 million dollar grants be given to Congo for agriculture projects... I've seems a 150,000,000 MILLION dollar project go in Congo to develop water wells... The only thing is I've never seen those benefits, not once in being there... What I have seen some LOADED government officials! I mean millions upon millions in their pockets while a family of 5-6 lives on an average of 85 dollars a month!  Maybe I'm just going to the very worst places... But that is where I see the MOST hope!  I'll let them jail me before I get bribed. They know this, I've been threatened multiple times before... And now I have the support of people who are loved greatly by Congolese :-)

I'm with a 50+ year Congo University that has been part of successful peace talks between rebel groups and violent standoffs. They just so happen to have the number one school of Community Development that says after I get what I want done for the $50,000 if there is another like $5,000-$8,000 they will build a UNIVERSITY RESEARCH CENTER attached to the exact land! Why? So they can have "on field" students as faculty that during their senior years they will LIVE at the research center and get COLLEGE CREDIT to continue helping the Pygmies! Helping them go from completely dependent slaves... To self sustaining, independent, FREE people! The research center will protect from outside corruption and locals close to it will be told by local Congolese university staff and students that if we can change the worst off living circumstances... We can then take it out farther than here! 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.