UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bisping's record against former champions

1/2/13 2:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bucephalus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping may be a good fighter but he always seems to fall short when it counts. Without fail when he fights former Pride and UFC champions, he loses. From Rashad Evans to Dan Henderson to Wanderlei Silva.. when he fights former belt holders of the top two organizations in MMA history, he doesn't deliver. Vitor will be the fourth former UFC or Pride champion he has fought. I don't see any reason to expect anything different this time around.
1/2/13 2:42 AM
fitch n prey
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evans wasn't a former champion when he fought bispin Phone Post
1/2/13 3:08 AM
TheHaunted2

Wanderlei silva fight was a scam, rashad was close. And henderson........well was henderson lol Phone Post
1/2/13 3:08 AM
TheHaunted2

fitch n prey - Evans wasn't a former champion when he fought bispin Phone Post
And this Phone Post
1/2/13 3:20 AM
Non N00B
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheHaunted2 -  Wanderlei silva fight was a scam, rashad was close. And henderson........well was henderson lol Phone Post

The only scam was the horseshit unified rules that kept Bisping's head from being kicked through the cage when Wanderlei stopped himself.
1/2/13 5:15 AM
TheHaunted2

Non N00B -
TheHaunted2 -  Wanderlei silva fight was a scam, rashad was close. And henderson........well was henderson lol Phone Post

The only scam was the horseshit unified rules that kept Bisping's head from being kicked through the cage when Wanderlei stopped himself.
And your point being? He still won that fight with unified rules in place. Phone Post
1/2/13 6:25 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Bucephalus - Bisping may be a good fighter but he always seems to fall short when it counts. Without fail when he fights former Pride and UFC champions, he loses. From Rashad Evans to Dan Henderson to Wanderlei Silva.. when he fights former belt holders of the top two organizations in MMA history, he doesn't deliver. Vitor will be the fourth former UFC or Pride champion he has fought. I don't see any reason to expect anything different this time around.
Phone Post
1/3/13 1:21 AM
Non N00B
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheHaunted2 - 
Non N00B -

And your point being? He still won that fight with unified rules in place. Phone Post

Only in your wettest of dreams
1/3/13 1:38 AM
Kings21
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While I agree that Bisping hasnt been able to pull it all together when it counts in the past I think hes at his best right now and look forward to seeing what he does in his next few fights. Theres still no way he does a damn thing to Anderson though.
1/3/13 1:48 AM
JTRipper
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheHaunted2 -
Non N00B -

To this day I have no idea how that fight could be scored anything but a clear win for Wand Phone Post
1/3/13 2:34 AM
Boofhead3
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kings21 - While I agree that Bisping hasnt been able to pull it all together when it counts in the past I think hes at his best right now and look forward to seeing what he does in his next few fights. Theres still no way he does a damn thing to Anderson though.
This Phone Post
1/3/13 2:37 AM
Bucephalus

Edited: 01/03/13 2:37 AM
fitch n prey - 

Evans wasn't a former champion when he fought bispin Phone Post

Irrelevant.

Champions are champions in spirt before the minor detail of getting the belt.

The fact remains that Bisping lost to Rashad and Rashad is a former champion.
1/3/13 2:45 AM
yellow wrkahlc

Bisping finishes Vitor via pillow fisting in the 3rd.

My God, it will be a fisting for the ages.

1/3/13 3:31 AM
MMALOGIC

if vitor has 3 rounds in him Bisping is meat...  bellfort doesnt even need 5... just 3.  more likely within 2. 

I say 3 to give him a one round buffer for insurance.  really, all  he needs is 2 rounds of gas and bisping is meat.

1/3/13 8:44 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Bisping will be crowned champion in 2013, the stars are aligned, it is his destiny.

Vitor is a great competitor but its time to welcome The Count Era.

Embrace it guys. Phone Post
1/3/13 10:19 AM
Archer0545

Bisping was finished twice in the same fight by Wand.......and his delusional nut hugger fans still claim he won.....as does he! Lol Phone Post
1/3/13 10:30 AM
canofsticks
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping's last 5 wins: Stann, Mayhem, Jorge Rivera, Akiyama, and Dan Miller.

Bisping's last 4 loses: Sonnen, Wanderlei, Henderson, Evans.

Notice the difference in quality of fighter between the two lists.

The dude's in a weird place where he can kick everyone's ass unless they're top tier guys. Makes for the slow climb to a title that we see him facing.
1/3/13 10:32 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully Bisping can finally win the big one this month and get a shot at Silva. I'm not seeing it happen though. Phone Post
1/3/13 10:41 AM
Hadoukenkieran
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Hopefully Bisping can finally win the big one this month and get a shot at Silva. I'm not seeing it happen though. Phone Post
I love biasing but I think he's a gate keeper, if he beats vitor no way he beats silva Phone Post
1/3/13 12:03 PM
frederic
704 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Non N00B - 
TheHaunted2 - 
Non N00B -

Only in your wettest of dreams

If you want to reclaim the loss to Silva, I want to reclaim Bisping's victory over Matt Hamill.
1/3/13 12:34 PM
Jacinto
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping didn't even beat Stann imo and Dana White agrees with me.
1/3/13 12:54 PM
Poindexter
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If we get a sequel to the first Hendo KO it will be priceless. 

1/3/13 12:59 PM
Archer0545

Poindexter -

If we get a sequel to the first Hendo KO it will be priceless. 

This! Phone Post
1/3/13 4:13 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Jacinto - Bisping didn't even beat Stann imo and Dana White agrees with me.
Dana and Sonnen both thought Mike beat Chael. What's your point? Phone Post
1/4/13 5:49 AM
TenOfSwords
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But Vitor's title was so long ago it's like a fan of one of the NFL teams that fired their head coach this week touting Barry Switzer as a good choice because Switzer has won a Super Bowl as an NFL head coach.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.