UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones takes Hendo's DUI joke in stride

1/2/13 12:37 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

On New Year's Eve, Dan Henderson decided to take a shot at UFC champion Jon Jones, warning his fans to not drink and drive into a telephone poll. The comment was directed towards Jones, who was arrested for a DUI this past May.

Although Jones and Henderson have been going back and forth in the media, it looks likes Jones decided to not be too harsh in his retort to Henderson:

lol the old guy got jokes.. that a boy... on to the next one

read official Twitter...

1/2/13 1:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anderson P Sonnen
683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh man this fight has to happen. Slow sarcastic build up is a tale tale sign. Big fan of Lyoto so I hope Dan walks away with a ud over him instead of a ko. Phone Post
1/2/13 1:38 PM
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good work by Hendo. Sonnen to train Hendo in "shit talking school", how fights are gotten these days.
1/2/13 2:05 PM
andyman011

Kingfanpaul -
Lazer MMA - 
Good work by Hendo. Sonnen to train Hendo in "shit talking school", how fights are gotten these days.

Yep, it's unfortunate that the game has changed and for people to get title shots they need to talk shit.  Title shots should be earned in the cage, not on the mic.  In Dan's case, he has already earned it in the cage.

It wasn't a shit talking thing. Nobody else wanted the fight on short notice so when machida and hendo turned down a fight in less than 2 weeks the guy that offered to fight was chael. Dana literally said I'm giving the shot to whoever steps up. Phone Post
1/2/13 2:13 PM
Ramon Maroni

andyman011 - 
Kingfanpaul -
Lazer MMA - 

Yep, it's unfortunate that the game has changed and for people to get title shots they need to talk shit.  Title shots should be earned in the cage, not on the mic.  In Dan's case, he has already earned it in the cage.

It wasn't a shit talking thing. Nobody else wanted the fight on short notice so when machida and hendo turned down a fight in less than 2 weeks the guy that offered to fight was chael. Dana literally said I'm giving the shot to whoever steps up. Phone Post

??? Hendo never turned down that fight he got injured in the first place
1/2/13 6:48 PM
andyman011

Ramon Maroni - 
andyman011 - 
Kingfanpaul -
Lazer MMA - 

Yeah and what do you do when you get injured. Turn down the fight.
1/2/13 7:31 PM
OSBtro11

Kingfanpaul -
Stephen Holder - 
GlGAH3ART - Why do I get that feeling that Jones and Hendo will fight in April (Hendo KO's Machida quick) because Chael will be injured and when he comes back he'll fight Gustafsson... knock on wood though.

Not really sure why you get this feeling b/c there's not a snowballs chance in hell that Hendo kos Machida quick or slow at his age.

So Dan can KO Fedor, but not Machida? All it takes is one shot and Dan certainly has the power. 

Most likely because stylistically .. This is a much more difficult match up for Dan. The striking range between these two is vastly different. It's easy to imagine Machida picking Dan apart and even putting him on his back once or twice Phone Post
1/2/13 7:35 PM
andyman011

fapout -
andyman011 - 
Ramon Maroni - 
andyman011 - 
Kingfanpaul -
Lazer MMA - 

theres a difference between turning down a fight and being forced to withdraw...the latter being Hendos situation.
Not really. In both situations you don't fight when you're scheduled to. They both imply that Dan had made the call to not take the fight. Its not like he called Dana and said I hurt my knee and still want to fight. He said look Dana I hurt my knee and don't feel like I would be myself in the cage. Let me take a bit off and come back Phone Post
1/2/13 7:39 PM
BENDOver 209 Top Team #1
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

poll? really?

1/2/13 8:00 PM
OSBtro11

Kingfanpaul -
OSBtro11 - 
Kingfanpaul -
Stephen Holder - 
GlGAH3ART - Why do I get that feeling that Jones and Hendo will fight in April (Hendo KO's Machida quick) because Chael will be injured and when he comes back he'll fight Gustafsson... knock on wood though.

Not really sure why you get this feeling b/c there's not a snowballs chance in hell that Hendo kos Machida quick or slow at his age.

So Dan can KO Fedor, but not Machida? All it takes is one shot and Dan certainly has the power. 

Most likely because stylistically .. This is a much more difficult match up for Dan. The striking range between these two is vastly different. It's easy to imagine Machida picking Dan apart and even putting him on his back once or twice Phone Post

I get that it won't be easy, but to act like there is no chance in hell, I think is exaggerating.

Agreed Phone Post
1/2/13 8:35 PM
Lazer MMA

andyman011 - 
fapout -
andyman011 - 
Ramon Maroni - 
andyman011 - 
Kingfanpaul -
Lazer MMA - 

theres a difference between turning down a fight and being forced to withdraw...the latter being Hendos situation.
Not really. In both situations you don't fight when you're scheduled to. They both imply that Dan had made the call to not take the fight. Its not like he called Dana and said I hurt my knee and still want to fight. He said look Dana I hurt my knee and don't feel like I would be myself in the cage. Let me take a bit off and come back Phone Post

WTF R U talking about? I one spot you can't fight! He did want to fight but the docs were wrong and he could not.

WTF does this have to do with my post talking about Sonnen who won dick at LHW getting a BS title shot in April?

DERP X 5
1/2/13 8:39 PM
Lazer MMA

OSBtro11 - 
Kingfanpaul -
OSBtro11 - 
Kingfanpaul -
Stephen Holder - 

I get that it won't be easy, but to act like there is no chance in hell, I think is exaggerating.

Agreed Phone Post

Hendo can do exactly what Page did for rounds 1 & 2; moreover, both have to worry about counters when they come inside. Hendo boxing is at an all time high. JBJ hit him coming in, sure as shit Hendo can too.
1/3/13 1:24 AM
Caught_clean
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andyman011 - 
fapout -
andyman011 - 
Ramon Maroni - 
andyman011 - 
Kingfanpaul -
Lazer MMA - 

Except Dan hurt his knee weeks out and tried to still fight but was not allowed based on the UFC doctors... so yea try again.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.