Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Atkinson - 
WoodenPupa -
SinCityHustler - 
WoodenPupa - 
SinCityHustler - 
thatsme - 
WoodenPupa - "besides cerrone, which teammates have said something? please show me sources as well."

Good point, and also I'm wondering which MMA champions have talked crap about Jones' decision. As far as I know, nobody who gets a PPV cut from their fights criticized him. I don't even think anybody who regularly gets 6-figures did, champ or not.

You correct in everything you just said. In fact, Machida and Rua both declined to fight Jones when Dana called them to replace Sonnen.

Guess what their reason was? Yep the same as Jones. But here we are six months later and the same morons are still condemning Jones for crap the two former Champions did the same week.

Not the same at all.  Machida and Rua declined to take a short notice,fight against the toughest fighter in the world at 205 lbs., a guy who had destroyed both of them in less than 5 combined rounds.  

Jones refused to fight a guy coming up from a lower weight class, that had no training camp, and has had little success in the UFC at 205 to speak of in his career.  

The same thing would be if Rua and Machida had turned down a fight against an Okami or Marquart type, who was going to have 8 days notice for the fight, while they on the other hand they were going to be 2 months into their camp.  

VERY different scenarios, but here 6 months later, "the same morons" still can't see this.  

So Jones was supposed to show his valiance and warrior spirit by fighting a guy who had little chance against him?

Cerrone's point, and the issue that sparked this thread, is that a "real" warrior never calculates consequences. He's asked to fight, whoever, whenever. That Machida and Rua turned the fight down based on Jones being "the toughest fighter in the world" should only add to Cerrone's point---they should, by that POV, have taken the fight the instant it was offered.

But instead Machida and Rua cited lack of notice and therefore preparation time. Do you think Chael sucks so bad that Jones needs NO preparation against him?

And what do say about the fact that Chael and Jones sell PPV's on VERY different premises, Chael's by spectacular trash talking and dramatic results (usually him losing), Jones by simply being a winner? Chael just has to put on a show; Jones has to WIN.

Warrior spirit?  Dude this is MMA, there is no warrior spirit to speak of.  These guys refuse to fight unless they have months and months to come up with a tactic to avoid losing.  Jones and his camp cited exactly that reason for not taking the fight.  Too risky, they might lose.  And no Sonnen doesn't suck so bad, he is actually a very good fighter, one of the best in the world in fact, at 185 pounds.  Did you quote the worng post or are you seriously confused that I made a point of showing the situation with Jones being different than that of Machida and Rua?  

"No warrior spirit to speak of" eh? Spoken like a true Roman emperor! Cowardly training camps, scared little rat-like preparations! How dare they assess risk, my slaves---what do they think they have---a future??? The future is NOW *pounds the table with gnashed teeth*

I'm not seriously confused about anything. You responded to a post which stated "Machida and Rua both declined to fight Jones when Dana called them to replace Sonnen. Guess what their reason was? Yep the same as Jones."

You replied that these scenarios were in fact different. Your reason for stating so was that Chael is smaller, unsuccessful at 205 and was unprepared to boot; whereas Jones is "the toughest fighter in the world at 205,"

Therefore you differentiate between levels of opponent, and strongly imply that against the lower level, a champion like Jones needn't prepare. Either that, or you think (as many seem to) that Jones' preparation for Henderson should have sufficed as, and instantly converted into, preparation for Chael the moment the fight was proposed.

Therefore you make it sound as if Shogun/Machida's decisions to not fight Jones were the product of sound reasoning, whereas Jones' decision to not fight Chael was the product of cowardice.

But you kick off your entire reply to me by saying "Dude this is MMA, there is no warrior spirit to speak of." So nobody has warrior spirit, and yet there are at least two kinds of circumstances which are radically different in your mind, one of which causes Shogun's/Machida's decision understandable, but Jones' to be cowardly?
Very well said Sir Phone Post

The amount of delusion and nut hungry in this thread is unreal! JBJ fans finally rise from the grave with there versionS of revisionist history (a common practice in fairness today, especially defending a couple of today's champs).

JBJ was ready to fight after a full camp and in shape.

Machida & Shogun would not have a full camp, you see see the difference?

Are you too diluted to know that with a full camp they'd jump in the cage with JBJ in a heart beat?

Pathetic just like the actions which first cause these attempts at revisionist history to be made by huggers in the first place.
1/4/13 8:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA

Edited: 01/04/13 8:28 AM
Great come back, at least it was said with all the facts allow you to say! = nothing
1/4/13 10:45 AM
Death Beast

Lazer MMA - Great come back, at least it was said with all the facts allow you to say! = nothing

Oh I'm sorry I didn't wake up and roll over to post like you did so that means I have no comeback.
You didn't say shit worth replying to anyway, but I'll do my best.
I put my own hypothesis out there regarding Jones wanting to wait to fight Chael so he could get the most money for that fight. It didn't have to be after TUF or anything. All I said was that it made more sense to Jones financially to wait and fight him with the proper promotion.
You turned it into 'OMG SO EVERYONE KNEW THE FUTURE RIGHT?!'
Stop foaming at the mouth over forum posts and read what I put. It's just my own perspective. If you just want to see your own ignorant opinion all day make an offline forum and post/reply to yourself all day.
1/4/13 10:51 AM
Death Beast

Lazer MMA - 
Death Beast - 
Lazer MMA - 
Death Beast - 
Lazer MMA - 
Death Beast - I just wish Jones would say what, IMO, is the real reason for turning down the fight with Sonnen.
From the moment Sonnen announced a move up to LHW, Jones knew that they'd meet eventually since it looked like they were going to give Sonnen a fast track to a title shot. That's BY FAR the biggest money fight for Jones at this point. Why should he throw away that much money by taking the fight on short notice with no marketing behind it? There's literally no other big money fight for him at LHW, not Hendo, not Gus, not anyone he's already beaten.

Even Dana said on the call the real reason. The young man was poorly advised. Dana called Jackson "a sport killer" on the call.

So his real reason was he was poorly advised? Because his other 'real' reason was that Sonnen didn't deserve a shot at him because JBJ thought he was racist and nowhere near #1 contender status but that didn't stop him from fighting Belfort or now fighting Sonnen anyway. The only difference is now he'll make a SHITLOAD of money with the hype behind it instead of on 8 days notice.
I'm sure if another takedown type guy wanted that fight instead of Belfort he would have been fine with it. He just didn't want to blow the one big money 205 fight available on short notice. Again just my opinion but I think it makes more sense than "He got bad advice from Greg Jackson and didn't want to fight a middleweight on short notice".
Obviously he couldn't just come out and say he'd rather fight Chael with proper hype or he'd sound greedy as shit.

Do you realize how stupid that is. He did not know he'd ever have to fight Sonnen at the time he refused to fight him at 151.

You're pulling crap out your ass. Simple as that.

He wanted more $$ by fighting him latter. LMFAO

He said a week earlier on radio show he'd fight Sonnen by the way.

Wow the UG LOL

I'm pulling it out of my ass that he knew he could just fight sonnen at a later date huh? My ass must be full of awesome then because that's exactly what he's doing dipshit.

Yeah he'd said he'd fight him if he earned his shot a week earlier. Then one of the first excuses out of his mouth was he didn't respect Sonnen and he was a racist so he didn't want to give him a shot undeservedly. But he's sure as shit doing that now isn't he? WTF changed? Other than now they'll have proper hype and he'll get paid alot more with the extra PPV buys.

Oh but he didn't say that so that can't possibly be the reason, got it....

Yeah you're right, the UG is full of fucktards

Um, yea he knew by 151 they'd need him and Sonnen for TUF and Sonnen would not fight before April. Sure why should't he know that! He also knew that Bones would injured and not be able to fight Hendo in Feb (super bowl weekend) which would lead to the April fight and TUF opening too! DERP

Likewise he said he'd fight Sonnen a week before he declined the fight on a radio show and there were no conditions at all, that is just another fantasy of yours too

Oh and if your replies are going to be this nonsensical, consider this discussion between us to be done.
DERP (real original btw)
1/4/13 11:00 AM
Lazer MMA

Death Beast - 
Lazer MMA - Great come back, at least it was said with all the facts allow you to say! = nothing

Oh I'm sorry I didn't wake up and roll over to post like you did so that means I have no comeback.
You didn't say shit worth replying to anyway, but I'll do my best.
I put my own hypothesis out there regarding Jones wanting to wait to fight Chael so he could get the most money for that fight. It didn't have to be after TUF or anything. All I said was that it made more sense to Jones financially to wait and fight him with the proper promotion.
You turned it into 'OMG SO EVERYONE KNEW THE FUTURE RIGHT?!'
Stop foaming at the mouth over forum posts and read what I put. It's just my own perspective. If you just want to see your own ignorant opinion all day make an offline forum and post/reply to yourself all day.

I'm not the one with JBJ's balls in my mouth saying it's the same that JBJ did not take the fight with a full camp as it is Machida or shogun not to have taken the fight WITHOUT one.

DERP! TWIT!

HTF could anyone know that a fighter that never beat any top LHW at all could get the fight under normal means (after 151)?

It had NOTHING to do with $$ (ticking Sonnen) and no one with half a brain ever said so either!

What scenario other then the want for TUF ratings could even lead to the fight? The only way to know there would be more $$ on the table was being able to see that "They'd need him and Sonnen for TUF and Sonnen would not fight before April. Sure why should't he know that! He also knew that Bones would injured and not be able to fight Hendo in Feb (super bowl weekend) which would lead to the April fight and TUF opening too!"

Derp, Twit!
1/4/13 11:04 AM
Lazer MMA

Is that simple enough for you? I can't make it more simple it is what it is.

JBJ was poorly advised. He could have had the easiest payday of his life against an opponent who did not train and did not ever even ever win a good fight at LHW either. Instead he chose to tuck.
1/4/13 11:10 AM
datesaredeceiving
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheRealMrBeefy -  Its shit like this that makes me dislike Jon Jones's personality. Absolutely amazing fighter though. Its too bad.

Cowboy seems like a cool dude. It looks like Jones has problems playing well with others at camp. Phone Post

I agree.

1/4/13 11:16 AM
Death Beast

Lazer MMA - 
Is that simple enough for you? I can't make it more simple it is what it is.

JBJ was poorly advised. He could have had the easiest payday of his life against an opponent who did not train and did not ever even ever win a good fight at LHW either. Instead he chose to tuck.

How can you be so simple as to not realize that he's still getting the easiest payday of his life against Sonnen, and now it will also be a larger payday?
And really dude, Derp is older than you are judging by your use of it. I'm done replying to you, but thanks for calling me a JBJ nuthugger LOL
Just shows how you don't even read people's posts. You skim thru them looking for something to go DERP about like that makes you a kewl kid
1/4/13 11:21 AM
Lazer MMA

If your too stupid to understand the below and you are, I can't help you. If you're not a hugger you're just more stupid.

"HTF could anyone know that a fighter that never beat any top LHW at all could get the fight under normal means (after 151)?

It had NOTHING to do with $$ (tucking Sonnen) and no one with half a brain ever said so either!

What scenario other then the want for TUF ratings could even lead to the fight? "

1/4/13 1:07 PM
Yun
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones might be an amazing fighter technically and physically but he will NEVER be my favorite fighter and don't really care whatever happens to him. He has shown many sides of him and always seem like a douche by the things he say or his behavior. I don't ever want to hangout with a guy like him in real life. No question he's the best in the division but I can't wait for someone to show up and humble his ass.

1/4/13 2:50 PM
Dr MMA

There is a word for people like Jones who act like this. It starts with an "N"!!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.