UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sean Sherk vs Matt Serra - at 170???

1/2/13 9:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BUDDHASPORT
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/02/13 9:10 PM

Serra at the moment remains unsure about his future in the fight game but has been quoted as saying he wants a fight with purpose; a fight that will mean something to himself, the fans and essentially the world.

DH: Would you take a fight at 170?

SherkIt would depend on who the opponent is. I actually have no interest in fighting at 170. If I walk around at 175, most of these welterweights are walking around at about 190-200 pounds and we're talking about world class athletes. If the right fight and money was offered, the yeah, I think I would take a fight at 170 but it's not something I'm actively pursuing. 

DH: Here's a final, yet random question but my curiosity is piqued. Would you be open to a fight with fellow veteran Matt Serra at 170?

SherkSomething like that would be fun for sure. We were both top of our divisions at one point. He was at lightweight and I was at welterweight then it switched up and I dropped down to LW and became champ and he went up to WW and became champ. That would be an interesting fight because we both have kinda the same frame and we're both old school and have been around for a long time in the UFC. We made our UFC debuts right around the same time; me at UFC 30 and him at UFC 31. I'm certainly looking to do a comeback fight and if he's looking to do a comeback or even a farewell fight, then I say let's put the ball in the UFC's court and see if that is something they would be interested in.

Full Interview here.. 

1/2/13 9:12 PM
the geek
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, haven't heard the words "Sean Sherk open to fight..." in a long time.

Hope to see him fright soon. Phone Post
1/3/13 12:38 AM
sweepnchoke
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

meh,,, I'd be more interested in the fight if it was at +205lb....
1/3/13 12:50 AM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I gotta say, I'd be down for this fight.

I mean I think ultimately it'd be better for the UFC book each against a young lion type, like Erick Silva or Edson Barboza, but they could do that afterword maybe. I doubt either has a lot of fights left in them so a fight between two former champions and long-time veterans is fine by me, and then maybe Serra can do a farewell fight against a rising star and retire properly. Sherk can do whatever, but if he's under contract he might as well get used.
1/3/13 1:06 AM
frederic
651 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck that. I still want to see Matt Hughes vs. Serra. Sherk cannot jump the line.
1/3/13 1:22 AM
patches
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

frederic - Fuck that. I still want to see Matt Hughes vs. Serra. Sherk cannot jump the line.

this
1/3/13 1:35 AM
Kings21
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dont care who he fights I just wanna see the Muscle Shark back in the octagon.
1/5/13 2:15 PM
Titanium Rhino
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love this fight but only when Sherk is 100% and injury free. It would a waste otherwise.
1/5/13 2:21 PM
defusion

No way Serra getting down to 170 anytime soon! He looks 220+ in recent videos.
1/6/13 5:29 AM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

frederic - Fuck that. I still want to see Matt Hughes vs. Serra. Sherk cannot jump the line.

You know they fought once before, right? I really don't see why this particular rematch is terribly warranted. If Hughes has maybe one match left in him, it shouldn't be against another veteran in the twilight of their careers that he already beat. A beatable name would be good but I'd be much more interested in a match against either a young lion, or a popular midcarder who probably won't be retired within two years. The Hardy match-up was interesting and one I'd like to see.

And if Serra has one match left in him, I don't have much interest in seeing him lose to Hughes again. The Sherk match is fairly even and interesting to me.
1/6/13 6:01 AM
myjawhurts
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Give them title eliminator fights, hype it up so much that people believe both guys are deserving of a title shot. If they win, which they won't, then they can retire head held up high or fight for the title with a hype train behind them. Either way the UFC makes more money and more hype than a single fight between these two guys. Phone Post
1/6/13 6:19 AM
slamming

...again? Fuck that.
1/6/13 10:37 AM
Rabid Bunyip
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sherk vs Bones Jones. Phone Post
1/6/13 10:40 AM
Chris Power
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Training Mask not taking off or something?
1/14/13 5:19 PM
Titanium Rhino
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

defusion - No way Serra getting down to 170 anytime soon! He looks 220+ in recent videos.

Nah, I imagine he walks around at about 205. He could make 170 by April for sure. Sherk wouldn't have to kill himself making 155 as he would only have about 5-6 lbs to cut to make 170. I think it's an awesome retirement fight for both guys and great way to end two legacies.
1/14/13 5:48 PM
Son of Neckbone
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

patches - 

this

See if you can rent UFC 98, crack a beer and enjoy yourself.
1/14/13 11:08 PM
Titanium Rhino

TTFT
1/14/13 11:31 PM
jimbonice

Serra can't make that cut! Better off fighting Anthony Johnson. Phone Post
1/14/13 11:38 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big fan of Matt Serra, would love to see him fight again

1/15/13 5:00 AM
Jabsent

I think this fight makes a lot of sense. Think Serra would want it?
1/15/13 1:29 PM
Titanium Rhino

Jabsent - I think this fight makes a lot of sense. Think Serra would want it?

He has showed some interest.
1/15/13 1:36 PM
madbanker
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great idea. Great fight Phone Post
1/19/13 1:54 AM
BUDDHASPORT
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Titanium Rhino - I love this fight but only when Sherk is 100% and injury free. It would a waste otherwise.

That may never happen.. 100% Sherk is rare..
1/20/13 6:31 PM
Titanium Rhino

BUDDHASPORT - 
Titanium Rhino - I love this fight but only when Sherk is 100% and injury free. It would a waste otherwise.

That may never happen.. 100% Sherk is rare..

Truth
1/20/13 6:40 PM
quick
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ Complete fucking nonsense noobs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.