UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lose Anik, bring in Bas Rutten!

1/2/13 11:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Texan830
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bas did a badass in pride, and he's a former fighter and they need to have a former fighter come in to give a fighters perspective of things. Rogan is good but he is not a fighter. Phone Post
1/2/13 11:31 PM
ChaosOverkill
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For the 50th time, Anik is a lead broadcaster, Bas is a color guy.

Two

Different

Jobs

1/2/13 11:51 PM
MolsonMuscles
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 

Two

Different

Jobs

FUCKING THIS
1/2/13 11:57 PM
TEX4N32
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nomsayn Phone Post
1/3/13 12:10 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight Professor Phone Post
1/3/13 12:11 AM
Texan830

ChaosOverkill -

Two

Different

Jobs

Lol Phone Post
1/3/13 1:08 AM
frederic
669 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bas : Quadros :: Rogan : Anik
1/3/13 1:19 AM
DethKlok

Was watching the intro to Pride 24 cold fury. They some really cool traditional Japanese ceremony for an opening with one guy in the ring with a drum calling on the warrior spirits of old or some shit. The arena was dead silent except for this man's performance. Quadros and BAS fucking ruined it with their incessant talking, shitty jokes, and borderline mockery.

Please no Bas.
1/3/13 1:21 AM
Langolier
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DethKlok - Was watching the intro to Pride 24 cold fury. They some really cool traditional Japanese ceremony for an opening with one guy in the ring with a drum calling on the warrior spirits of old or some shit. The arena was dead silent except for this man's performance. Quadros and BAS fucking ruined it with their incessant talking, shitty jokes, and borderline mockery.

Please no Bas.
You talking smack about Bas? Come at me Bro! Phone Post
1/3/13 1:24 AM
DethKlok

haha I actually love Bas! You have to admit though, sometimes he's having too much fun in that booth.
1/3/13 1:33 AM
Kings21
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know what the UG needs? More posts about Bas being brought in to do PbP with Rogan even though he doesnt do PbP.

I love Bas but even if he did do PbP hes not that good in the booth. He used to be better but now he just doesnt cut it.
1/3/13 1:39 AM
caseharts
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd prefer someone over anik. Mir maybe. Nothing against him but I'd prefer fighters doing as many jobs in regards to MMA as possible. Phone Post
1/3/13 1:55 AM
Attila
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 

Two

Different

Jobs

So Joe becomes the lead broadcaster and then he and Bas are BOTH color guys. I think that would work great. Bas is the man.
1/3/13 2:01 AM
in_different
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd be happy with a 3 man team if the other guy was a color commentator too such as the voice, Bas, bonnar, etc
1/3/13 2:12 AM
DonFreedomFrye
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dillon70 -  where's quadros? Phone Post

He just worked the recent Dream card with Frank Shamrock and Mauro.
1/3/13 2:28 AM
Bucephalus

Anik is good. He has the right attitude and delivery.. He just needs more event time to develop his skills.
1/3/13 2:37 AM
shorebreaker420
1012 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bucephalus - Anik is good. He has the right attitude and delivery.. He just needs more event time to develop his skills.
I'm pro Anik Phone Post
1/3/13 2:50 AM
OldManMinerva

shorebreaker420 - 
Bucephalus - Anik is good. He has the right attitude and delivery.. He just needs more event time to develop his skills.
I'm pro Anik Phone Post

me too, he is the grownup choice.
Let's put away childish shit.
1/3/13 3:09 AM
NewbGingrich

Gus Johnson?? Anybody?? No one?? Okay. Phone Post
1/3/13 3:14 AM
Gordo1581
465 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/03/13 3:14 AM
Attila - 
ChaosOverkill - 

Two

Different

Jobs

So Joe becomes the lead broadcaster and then he and Bas are BOTH color guys. I think that would work great. Bas is the man.

You just don't get it.
1/3/13 3:49 AM
Haulport

Edited: 01/03/13 3:51 AM

I love people so much!

People are so fucking STUPID that other stupid people had to come up with the phrase "thinking outside the box" to describe what almost NO ONE does (i.e. be creative).

The function of the Lead Commentator/Play-by-play man has become so fucking HACK that you could lose it entirely and the production would not suffer in the least. Joe would be MORE than suitable to function as the Lead in a two man team and they could simply DROP all the incessant droning and scripted DOGSHIT that turds like Anik and Goldberg and Todd Harris (used to) do.

It would make things much much better.

BTW: in most baseball broadcasts the team usually rotate throughout the game as guys who are part of a thre man team take innings off........

But all you "experts" would have ministrokes over such "radical" thinking...

It's no wonder everything is going right down the fucking toilet..............

1/3/13 4:27 AM
ChaosOverkill
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/03/13 5:00 AM
Haulport - 

I love people so much!

People are so fucking STUPID that other stupid people had to come up with the phrase "thinking outside the box" to describe what almost NO ONE does (i.e. be creative).

The function of the Lead Commentator/Play-by-play man has become so fucking HACK that you could lose it entirely and the production would not suffer in the least. Joe would be MORE than suitable to function as the Lead in a two man team and they could simply DROP all the incessant droning and scripted DOGSHIT that turds like Anik and Goldberg and Todd Harris (used to) do.

It would make things much much better.

BTW: in most baseball broadcasts the team usually rotate throughout the game as guys who are part of a thre man team take innings off........

But all you "experts" would have ministrokes over such "radical" thinking...

It's no wonder everything is going right down the fucking toilet..............

Joe tried doing lead and said he hated it genius and in baseball both guys are usually trained or skilled enough to do lead not mention there are constant breaks in the action in Baseball where the sound of the game is let through to just give the broadcast atmosphere, MMA lead's constant talk and fill time through a formal their training and I doubt the UFC that wants to fit into broadcast television is going to try and 're-invent the wheel' of broadcasting cause some angry internet mental case wants them to. Color guys also don't have to constantly talk and do ad promos like corn nuts and budweiser and stuff like that in an interesting tv commercial way. Joe has never done any of it.

Leads and color guys have separate jobs in basketball, hockey, soccer, football, lacrosse and a lot of baseball towns and they never switch. 

Shove your shitty attitude and box up your ass.

1/3/13 4:41 AM
Attila
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gordo1581 - 
Attila - 
ChaosOverkill - 

Two

Different

Jobs

You just don't get it.

Useless post. Please explain "it".
1/3/13 4:56 AM
caposa
1730 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_commentator Phone Post
1/3/13 5:20 AM
AndrewJitsu
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bas would be a great fit. The UFC should do a reality show for young talented commentators. Like me ;) to get a contact maybe to do some unaired stuff or the ultimate fighter. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.